1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Kakarot666

Posts by Kakarot666

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • August 24, 2014 at 2:56 PM
    Quote from kikette

    The shotgun is your latest prop I guess ?

    I think you should add more color to your texture and contrast even more the different value of the gun. Actually, it looks almost dead.

    Futhermore, you should works more your surface. You put some nice details on some edge (scratchs, etc) but surfaces stills boring since your don't play with the specular/roughness.

    What are your reference ?

    Hi Kikette!


    Sorry for the late response, yeah shotgun is my latest, color for the texture you say? hmmm the color I found in refrence is similar to what I did. Well maybe I found some bad refrence so my specular is in then way it is now, but when I saw the gun it was similar to mine ( nothing fancy going on there). I will pm you will refrence so I won't spam here.


    As for Super. Yeah thanks for the comment. I feel like my monitor color settings are wrong and I will have to adjust them correctly because when I view them, it seems ok to me. Also thanks for the website tips I will make changes, when the time allows me for that.

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • July 31, 2014 at 6:02 PM

    Site updated, maybe there is some one to express his thoughts? Thanks.

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • December 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM

    some more crits ?

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • November 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

    Thank you for your opinion it means a lot.


    And yes you have a point in crates I should add some dust and damage it a bit, I dont know why I missed that


    I have trouble with setting up lighnig in a scene, your scene on the other hand have good contrast and lights and one thing I couldnt read off is what is the rendering engine ( marmoset ?)

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • November 15, 2013 at 4:10 PM

    Site updated

  • 3D Hardsurface general artist looking for feedback

    • Kakarot666
    • September 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM

    Hi my name is Martin and im trying to break into industry as junior artist. I have some industry experience, I have worked for some profesional studio and did some freelancing jobs, but things got quiet, so in order to get things going im writing here to obtain some feedback.


    WiP website - http://kaksou.wordpress.com/


    Looking forward to hear opinion from industry veterans or any other constructive crits.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™