1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Hatefacecore

Posts by Hatefacecore

  • Tile Array

    • Hatefacecore
    • November 24, 2013 at 3:01 AM

    lol, gotcha. So the array is out. Cutting is the way to go. Thanks!

  • Tile Array

    • Hatefacecore
    • November 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

    I have a simple question that no one can seem to answer. I suppose this can go for any 3D modeling software. I'm designing the interior of a hospital using Blender 3d and am up to the part where I'm supposed to make the tiles for the floor. The easiest way would be to make a texture, put it on the floor and add the different maps to it right? (Normal map, specularity map, etc) The problem is that it doesn't seem to give me much control over each individual tile. Like if I want to remove a few of them at a certain location. Now, I found away around it by making an array of tiles which look great...but takes up a lot of space. I get to pick and choose which tiles I want to discard but it slows done my computer. One person said that I should use a texture and mess with the normals. How would I go about doing that or is there a better way of going about this without all those expensive vertices? Any body know how the pros do it?

  • Three Rock Beach

    • Hatefacecore
    • June 12, 2013 at 3:52 PM

    Done in Blender. I plan to try to breathe a little life into it but I'm up for suggestions.

  • Professional Enough?

    • Hatefacecore
    • May 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

    lol, I plan to be a level designer for video games. You'll notice the tiny sentences strewn about the page. Those are either scripted events, item or weapon locations or enemy placement.

  • Professional Enough?

    • Hatefacecore
    • May 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM

    Until I get the web site to show off my portfolio running, I wanted to know if these were good to add to my portfolio? 1st is a mock up of an abandoned hospital using sketchup. Next two are hand-drawn, then altered using gimp. Criticism needed.

  • Daniel Murano: Portfolio Piece

    • Hatefacecore
    • May 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

    Okay, the website I'm making to display my portfolio is giving me a hard time. Until it's running, I wanted some possible feedback about my work to date. Simple mock up using sketchup of an abandoned hospital as well as drawings of the inside included as attached files. Thoughts so far?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™