1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Satyre

Posts by Satyre

  • Photos from Fiji, NZ, Australia, Indonesia & Malaysia~

    • Satyre
    • February 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM

    Wow, you have a pretty good eye for composition! I love them all, the first 3 pics are spot on! Colors are really great, congrats

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • February 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM

    Thank you for nice words

    Quote from Sentura

    any chance of wallpaper sizes?

    Pretty soon .

    In fact, I actually use the trial version of photomatix pro for HDR shots, so I can't have wide size pictures, or then with a filigrane on it...

    But, I'm going to buy a license. I'll keep you posted.

    As for the cross, I might do it for this week-end, I think.

    Quote from e-freak

    While all the shots are great, your watermarks and borders are a bit distracting. Keep them out or find one solution you want to use for all of them.

    Quote

    ":1kdbgnpl]I just don't like the crazy borders you use, other than that, really awesome!!

    Yeah, you're both totally right! Since several people tell me the same thing on other forum, I have realized those are very bad... I changed them after that but I uploaded those photos a few days before on flickr (in which we can't edit posted pictures with a standard account) whose links are used, hence I must keep those borders whereas the same shots into my computer have different borders now.

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • February 10, 2009 at 12:21 PM

    Hi everybody,

    I got a tripod one month ago and I've been testing lots of several treatments such as HDR for example.

    So here are some pics:

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/3070829482_de8d0af13c.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/3089564041_aec821a346.jpg]

    Retouch: contrasts enhancement and a little bit saturation of yellow

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3296/3122214385_52f6ba74ff.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/3128177389_e88e463c37.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    Retouch featuring a little bit desaturation of blue and contrasts enhancement

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/3134645123_a862ff0978.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3366/3230557587_aaf66f8484.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/3196058729_a05e9cd274.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    The blend result of 3 shots with 3 different exposures (-3EV; 0EV; +3EV) but is not a HDR treatment

    .:HDR:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3261237680_31ccce14ce.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    HDR treatment (3 shots: -2EV; 0EV; +2EV) in photomatix using details enhancer

    .:HDR:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3260410695_9644011021.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    HDR treatment (3 shots: -2EV; 0EV; +2EV) in photomatix using details enhancer

    .:HDR:. Apocalypse (touch up of course)

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3265706751_4d0fa9cd54.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    HDR treatment (3 shots: -2EV; 0EV; +2EV) in photomatix using details enhancer. Then I added some beams, lights & tones in photoshop.

    Please, let me know what you think

  • Some pictures with my new Camera

    • Satyre
    • February 10, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    Stunning stuff dude!

    I have a few advices for you though . Some of your shots are a little bit noisy, you can avoid that by using a low ISO (100 or 200). If shots are too much black with these ISO values, you can reduce the slow shutter speed to have a good brightness.

    But if you intend to go furhter in photography, a tripod is absolutely necessary!

  • New shots again...

    • Satyre
    • October 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM

    Hello everybody,

    Here I'm again with some diverse shots :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/3/b/a/3d8f2e710d7d644e08bed2d9ffe97tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/9/7/f7739515ac272c0ca7ec6b18ef4catt.jpg]

    I especially like this shot and I love how colors contrast.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/9/2/6/6d6d7ede705a2c1b9855ccf40533btt.jpg]

    Below, a pretty cool shot of a motion blur I brought about by rocking the camera, using a slow shutter speed. I have taken this pic in a marina; the glowing lines were mast lights.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/0/9/6/d934763b82f71abd3fae40e148733.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/4/0/f/26e268bafc7cb4959bf44b5cc2095tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/0/0/b/397743665ff9a2a42504caffeef3ctt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/b/7/d779ba8dc7f8ca9fc574cf9cbf1batt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/a/7/49dbba80b67ed75fb8214a9a49ad4tt.jpg]

    Sunrise from my garden

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/2/a/b/df847a494d703511b9d99ae1014aatt.jpg]

    That's all!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Satyre
    • October 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM

    I like this gloomy atmosphere you have rendered in that house!

    Do you use a light for the lighting?

    I think you should have a spot_light, it make a better lighting coming from a lamp than a simply light. And use the falloff distance settings, that's great for this kind of ambiance.

    Also, add a glow sprite to the lamp .

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • Satyre
    • October 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    A ca c'est des tres bien images. Oh mon dieu mon francais est merd

    Your french isn't so bad ^^, il n'est pas "merdique" en tout cas !

    By the way, I'll rework my map when I'll get spare time and will release my own version (much more gloomy) in a few months .

  • Problem with models

    • Satyre
    • October 4, 2008 at 4:39 PM

    Hi everybody!

    I have a bothersome problem with some mdl (in hammer) done with transparency textures since the last main update due to the orange box.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/d/9/d3b305bacbd04f54eebaa4a866672.jpg]

    I have already check out a similar problem over here but this one didn't help me.

    Maybe, ze problem come from the dxsupport.cfg...? But, on what line?

    Could you guys help me?

    Thanks beforehand

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Satyre
    • September 28, 2008 at 8:49 AM

    I had tested to add highlights... without succes. I really have a very, very poor skill with colors. Thence, I keep the B&W.

    But you have totally reason, that's a good comment!

    I just added an earphone and I remade the ear.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/9/3/c/78b66fdd7539e4a3d749206bb4211.jpg]

    I tested again to add colors yet. Here is the color version but it's faulty, don't you? ^^

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/5/5/3b869e5a3e982317a8818c4ef6efa.jpg]

    I forgot to edit the cigarette

    Otherwise, here is another old painting done for a comic strip. I think I'll add details and highlights when I'll get spare time...

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/5/2/7/fe32fc655aecf751fc97a0d0f0713.jpg]

    There, a sketch I'm painting :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/a/1/2fd678529be26f8ccb96dc9ea531f.jpg]

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Satyre
    • September 26, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    Quote from merkaba

    http://%7Boption%7D[Blocked Image: http://www.jonchapman.net/imagebox/paintings/junglemist.jpg]

    I like this one and the gloomy atmosphere you have rendered, with a certain fantasy

    The last two paintings are good. I prefer the red one, too .

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/f/a/c350757851c2ce873eaf607feb022.jpg]

    An old painting I made with a mouse and afterward edited with my graphics tablet .

  • Shots about my holidays in America

    • Satyre
    • September 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

    Hello everybody!

    Here are some new pics!

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/a/0/a4ce543aba5e13daa916a51f31973tt.jpg]

    The belem... It's a French slaver, the oldest roadworthy three-masted barque of the Europe.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/c/e/3775664eacc414f6fc0464adca6c0tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/4/5/9/035245df28fac703ec32f10218e5ftt.jpg]

    Lady liberty. The shot is blurred, I know...

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/a/7/0/1942eb32ba6baf168fb31e0906bedtt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/9/7/0ba4dfd3d46087043ec155fe19e76tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/7/e/cd5ecd999e2c6e8ba6f222eb0d079tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/a/3/2/999660abc57d4b5818812a9576a0e.jpg]

    And a bonus ...

    ... sir Paul McCartney!

    (Sorry for the poor quality...)

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/8/d/3756b8a30972fe0115eb0c37374be.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/9/f/f/4b6b8d241c64d0f1e041f8eaf59c6tt.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/1/e/41ae7e7829af0e38f88be0cb5c50att.jpg]

  • Awesome Insect Pictures

    • Satyre
    • September 8, 2008 at 4:51 PM

    Amazing!!

    Thanks Bic-B@ll for showing us this site!

    This pic is absolutely incredible <3

    [Blocked Image: http://gallery.photo.net/photo/6687694-lg.jpg]

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • Satyre
    • September 7, 2008 at 8:18 PM

    Presently, your map looks absolutely awesome!! But I dislike the outside lamps... I think you could have some better .

    More screenshots!

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • Satyre
    • September 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

    Doubtless, beta testing will start in October, then the mappack will be released shortly after this.

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • Satyre
    • September 3, 2008 at 2:36 PM

    Thanks for nice words & support guys.

    Also, I remind you another map is still hidden !

    I hope you won't be disappointed with our packmap!

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • Satyre
    • September 1, 2008 at 8:43 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/b/0/1/9ade756ce69ee4deb364c89e9bdd6.png]

    So you thought the Baguet Map Pack was just a mirage? A way too large project to be handled by a small team of clumsy Frenchies? Not at all! Even though the news from the team have been quite sparse lately, the Baguet Map Pack is coming along - and coming along very well!

    Today, we are proud to show you the evolution of the two maps featured in the previous news.

    Here's a screenshot of Grippy's map. He decided to change the atmosphere: the action will now take place at twilight. A denser vegetation reinforces the player's sense of being in a forest. On a gameplay scale, several additional cover positions are designed to facilitate the Allies' progression.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.bidoulmarc.be/baguet_new/grippy1_mini.jpg]

    As for Kane, he worked hard on a new atmosphere and the addition of several buildings. Not only for reinforcing the player's immersion in the Normandy bocage (behind enemy lines), but also for improving the gameplay.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.bidoulmarc.be/baguet_new/causeway1_mini.jpg]

    And now, the thing that everyone was waiting for (or not), the first presentation of another map to be included in the pack: dod_nordhausen. Made by Moroes, Nordhausen's action is set in Germany, in the middle of the night. Allies will have to neutralize a V-1 rocket launch site. First, they will have to find the explosives, then infiltrate the base, and finally, destroy the launch platform and the V-1 warehouse.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.bidoulmarc.be/baguet_new/nordhausen1_mini.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://www.bidoulmarc.be/baguet_new/nordhausen2_mini.jpg]

    There are more exciting news, and we're keeping a full belt of ammo in reserve for our upcoming announcements, so stay tuned! We'll soon reveal the fourth and last map of the Baguet Map Pack, along with some other crunchy bite-sized developments...

    That's all for today soldiers, dismissed!

  • [dod:s] vanguard_rc5

    • Satyre
    • August 23, 2008 at 10:43 PM

    Great job, that looks nice.

    I'm gonna play it on & I'll say you what I think .

    Edit :

    I tested your map, it's really nice .

    I don't know if you have the intention to edit your map again, but I'll tell you some defects I found. (otherwise, you could consider them for your next project).

    So :

    here is a crate which has a weird lighting. You should set up an 'info_ligting' (name this one) near this crate and copy the name in the 'lighting origin' mdl setting.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/2/f/6/6bb8e62faf8724e2f5ac5fee7b585tt.jpg]

    wrong mdl. If you wouldn't light this place, have the model off.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/8/c/1/b572f6246dfd6dec5eb0dfec88d60tt.jpg]

    where does this door leads?

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/5/9/d/bfea552a2642dce3b83dfb56e6042tt.jpg]

    this place is cool but it could be better with a good lighting. E.g. you could set up a 'light_spot' across the grid. Edit 'falloff distance' values. At last, edit the lightmap (e.g. 8 ).

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/0/a/c/3215e260fbf3569e7311bf357b92ett.jpg]

    wrong shadow... model properties > 'disable shadows' > yes

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/3/3/3/79bc6db44cfbd743cce82a26bfec9tt.jpg]

    There is no rope inside the whole map.

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/7/e/c/167f9dc4b87a38553932187913690tt.jpg]

    Where does this light come from?

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/9/6/3/8bad19ed1404c7334161d3e846b9ftt.jpg]

    Also, there is almost not glow inside the map.

    Except this defects, overall the map is really nice .

  • Vivi's art thread [aug 22nd 2008]

    • Satyre
    • August 23, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    Quote from Meotwister

    i didnt like the blood myself.. but the flowers are certainly an interesting new direction.

    Same thing to me... I prefer without blood.

    You really have an own style, that's interesting.

  • Meo's digital paintings

    • Satyre
    • August 23, 2008 at 10:32 PM

    This is gorgeous, dude! Skies looks really nice, good colors management. Well done!

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Satyre
    • August 22, 2008 at 1:22 PM

    The first one is nice despite there are some anatomic defects. E.g. the chin is too large (& too round) or the nostril too small, and so on

    But overall, it's nice.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™