1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. p2xelgen

Posts by p2xelgen

  • building facade texture

    • p2xelgen
    • November 15, 2007 at 11:15 PM

    Looks great

    Thanks for the PSD. It really helps us NooBs to understand the proess you pro do to create a texture.

    PS:

    If you have anymore I could take a look at that would be A1.

  • How do I turn and normal map into a Diffused map ???

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM
    Quote from aevirex

    No, you just render the lighting (or was it shadow?) map via the render to texture function... it works with Max 7.(Sorry if my advices are kinda stupid, I haven't done this in months :/).

    Should I light the scene ? and if so how, sorry for asking load of questions. But I'm working on a UT3 map and what to start creating some basic textures ??? :wink:

  • How do I turn and normal map into a Diffused map ???

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:57 PM
    Quote from aevirex

    Render an Ambient Occlusion map (lighttracer), make a cavity map out of the normal (sorry I don't have the link atm :/) and make a few base textures from photos. The paint, overlay, ... the way you like.Or don't listen to what I say and take a look at this: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=373024

    Thanks but I cant do Ambient Occlusion map as I only have max 7 and I think you need max 8 and above ?

  • How do I turn and normal map into a Diffused map ???

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:24 PM

    OK

    I have this modelled normal map and now would like to create a Diffused map for the normal map. But I dont know where to start.

    Please help...

    The normal map:

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/43t5543.jpg]

  • Tutorial - Pelt Mapping

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 6:08 PM

    This tut look fucking great, do I need any add programs ?

    I have max 7

  • totally random texture thread

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 2:20 PM

    Here's my second normal map:

    Images

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/53356554434.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/43t5543.jpg]

  • 3DS Max Quick Normal Map Tutorial

    • p2xelgen
    • November 2, 2007 at 1:18 PM

    Thanks for the TuT:

    My go:

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/53356554434.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/Pixelgen/43t5543.jpg]

  • DM ThinIce and CTF Decay

    • p2xelgen
    • August 22, 2006 at 10:01 PM

    Hourence:

    Just dripping with style .

    Ant got warpath at mo, might want for UT07. Whats it like to edit for, I hear it uses normals

  • Quake 4 Map Pack work

    • p2xelgen
    • August 22, 2006 at 9:56 PM

    Ha really cool looking maps, got to love the Q style. Thought about mapping for Q but learning unrealED tuck a fare bit of time and I hear Q ED is loads harder. :wink:

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™