1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Sean Noonan

Posts by Sean Noonan

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Sean Noonan
    • June 23, 2019 at 9:36 PM
    Quote from Radu

    On 6/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, Radu said: I think it's pretty stupid to put all that effort into remaking HL2 on UE4. Most people, especially half-life fans, aren't that concerned with the graphics. They just want to see solid gameplay and captivating atmosphere.

    Hello, level designer on the Listening Post gameplay segment here. The main motivation for me is to work on a free time project in modern middleware like UE4, which I use in my day job. This allows me to perhaps flex and learn in areas that my day job perhaps won't allow for due to time/scope/seniority/project/etc. It's good practice. It also gives a good opportunity for others to join and learn too, so that they may be better prepared for say - full time work in games. Like the way it used to be :)

    I wouldn't say that building a known framework to allow this is stupid. It gives a good base with some known mechanics for people to work to and given the age of the source material, ideally improve upon.

  • The Door Challenge - 2018 - General Discussion Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • October 10, 2018 at 9:39 PM

    Some words about it... http://noonan.design/devlogs/mapcor…melapse-pearly/

    And the video:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • The Door Challenge - 2018 - General Discussion Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • October 7, 2018 at 8:09 PM

    I timelapsed my entry (Pearly) - in the middle of rendering a full video, but here's a little montage from the end of the video:

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Sean Noonan
    • October 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM

    ^

    RTX OFF

    RTX ON

  • The Door Challenge - 2018 - Submission Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • September 16, 2018 at 6:22 PM

    Name: [/b]Sean NoonanWebsite: noonan.designStory: [/b]Whilst waiting for your commute to reach it's terminus, you reflect on the news of the day. Relief washes over you in an awesome wave.Engine: UE4Download Link: [/b]https://sean-noonan.itch.io/pearly or http://sean-noonan.com/games/mapcore/Pearly_v1.zip Screenshots:[/b]

    Video Walkthrough:[/b]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • July 14, 2018 at 9:50 PM

    Now that my wee runner, Jack B. Nimble is finished (should be live soon - I'll post here when it is), I've been working on something else.

    Here's some early progress:

    ...if anyone was interested, the shooter I was posting about a couple months back is kinda on hold for now. Making something a little more achievable with my limited time :)

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • May 11, 2018 at 1:40 PM

    Been porting my iOS game to Steam. Here's a video where I talk about that (I'll be back on my walking sim or FPS soon enough)...

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • November 6, 2017 at 11:55 PM

    Continued work on this...

  • Games W.I.P Thread

    • Sean Noonan
    • October 16, 2017 at 10:58 PM

    I started working on something as part of #Blocktober. It's early days, but it could turn into something. Not sure yet.

    Also, hello, I'm a long time lurker, but haven't posted before!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™