1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Sindwiller

Posts by Sindwiller

  • Crysis 2

    • Sindwiller
    • March 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178488

    Governmenta conspiracy!

  • StarCraft II

    • Sindwiller
    • March 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    Quote

    The terran voices are mostly okay and the music for them has grown on me, even tho I still catch myself humming the old tune:

    Each one of the three Terran tunes is a totally catchy tune you will never ever get out of your head Fun times...

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Sindwiller
    • March 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM

    *thumbs up*

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • Sindwiller
    • March 14, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    Quote

    I was surprised to hear they did not want to work on MW2. If a lot these allegations are true, pretty shitty of Activision.

    It just sounds to me like IW is actually populated by intelligent people.

  • Jesse Schell @ DICE 2010

    • Sindwiller
    • February 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    Quote

    Mankind in medieval times suffered from fear of the relgious oppresion, today's people welcome technological oppresion.

    Opression by the Catholic church, please.

  • Jesse Schell @ DICE 2010

    • Sindwiller
    • February 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM

    His analyses are both fun and kind of true, however the foresight he did is massively exaggerated. Honestly, once stuff like REM-sleep-ads (or whatever) and eye sensors is introduced, humanity will hit rock bottom.

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Sindwiller
    • February 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Im trying to read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy at the moment but I'm having a hard time. The author tries so hard to be funny 98% of the time ... It annoys me very much. I wish I could read the same story without all the unfunny jokes.

    Try to read Terry Pratchett then DNA at least has some depth in his jokes (imho).

    Quote

    I don't normally like activist/environmental books but I really enjoyed this one.

    Because it's all true Seriously though, I think everyone with some brains left knows that our society is somewhat faulty, Quinn just knows how to phrase that nicely. Well, I might just be too left for the generality, however I'd go as far as saying that Ishmael should be read in school(s).

    Quote

    But anyway, Jules Verne...

    Jules Verne introduced me to Science-Fiction literature.

  • A mapcore reading list

    • Sindwiller
    • February 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM

    I second the purpose of this thread!

    Ishmael

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ishmael-Daniel- ... 308&sr=8-1

    I, Robot

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Robot-Isaac-A ... 366&sr=1-1

    Plutarch's Moralia

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moralia-Plutarc ... 81&sr=1-19

    The Little Earth Book

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Earth-Al ... 609&sr=8-1

    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (and basically every other Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy book by DNA)

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Restaurant-Univ ... 707&sr=8-1

  • The Death Of Tutankhamun revealed?

    • Sindwiller
    • February 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Sharks are an endangered species in most parts of the world.

    Thats what they want you to believe

    I actually wanted to point out that "winners" are per se an endangered species.

    Just kidding, hahaha

  • StarCraft II

    • Sindwiller
    • February 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from Ginger Lord

    I don't care either, Company of Heroes is as far as my RTS interest goes.

    Insolent peasant, how dare you mock ye brilliance of a franchise such as Starcraft, which happeneth to be one of ye first games I have ever playeth, and thus guideth me to the light of video games!

  • Sid Meier's Civilization V

    • Sindwiller
    • February 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Hexagons. Shit got just real.

    Definitely.

    Hah, a "next-gen" Civ game, who would've thought of that. I would actually find it awesome if somebody redid Alpha Centauri.

  • The Death Of Tutankhamun revealed?

    • Sindwiller
    • February 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    Quote

    Gutsy question, you're a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep. I am proud to be the shepherd of this herd of sharks and I am gonna lead you to the top of this industry.

    Sharks are an endangered species in most parts of the world.

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Sindwiller
    • February 17, 2010 at 5:08 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Hilariously ridiculous movie

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Sindwiller
    • February 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM

    Wanna-be Na'vis are the new furries :wink:

  • i just went speed dating

    • Sindwiller
    • February 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    Quote

    I blatantly said to 3 or 4 of them "do you like hip hop, do you like smoking weed" and they gave me this confused "drugs are bad" look

    Hip Hop is shit anyways.

  • Natural Selection 2

    • Sindwiller
    • February 11, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    Quote

    But in reality CoD is gonna sell well regardless if individuals that care about games and devs buy their games

    Thanks . Also, I'd imagine that the developers don't get as well payed as the publisher's employees do.

  • Natural Selection 2

    • Sindwiller
    • February 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    Quote from CrazyMac

    Agreed...anyone else feel they parted with there cash a little early on the preorder

    I guess you're the type of gamer who'd rather buy another installment of COD: Modern Warfare than support a more decent cause and a bunch of decent developers...

  • Natural Selection 2

    • Sindwiller
    • January 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Quote from skdr

    An annoying delay that shouldn't be in multiplayer games

    No, not that. It's purely visual thing. Source engine games have this. When you look right the weapon kind of "sways" to the position after the mouse movement.

    I actually like that phenomenon. The more it looks and feels like a weapon, and by weapon I mean a 7 kg heavy, unhandy, shitty thing that you have to wield 24/7 in a war scenario, the better.

  • Great places to visit

    • Sindwiller
    • January 24, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    Quote

    or it's a monastery and monks want some peace and quiet surroundings

    Bingo.

    For fuck's sake Sentura, think a little bit. Seriously though, the monasteries of Meteora are a pretty nice sight.

  • Great places to visit

    • Sindwiller
    • January 23, 2010 at 9:11 PM

    I'm going to be a little more realistic here

    Bern(e), CH

    [Blocked Image: http://www.g26.ch/abb_bern_brunnen_schuetzenbrunnen_01.jpg]

    Thessaloniki, GR (one of the most awesome cities in the world )

    [Blocked Image: http://www.saloniki.org/foto/foto/ekklisies/original/ekklisia_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://blogthea.gr/NextStep/members/adis-albums-%C8%E5%F3%F3%E1%EB%EF%ED%DF%EA%E7-picture266-thessaloniki-day.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.rcip.com/gloryquest/Thessaloniki-02.jpg]

    Varna, BG (possibly the most awesome city in existance)

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Varna-drama-theatre-ngruev.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/Varna_Plage.JPG/800px-Varna_Plage.JPG]

    Meteora, Thessalia, GR

    [Blocked Image: http://70.38.46.108/data/media/920/Monastery_of_Agia_Triada_Meteora_Greece.jpg]

    Ohrid, MK

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Ohrid_StJohn_Kaneo.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™