1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mabufo

Posts by mabufo

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 30, 2007 at 11:32 PM

    Is there an ETA on the SDK?

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 30, 2007 at 8:40 PM

    I assumed the plot of Strelok and the monolith were interconnected. Frankly, if the game took 6 years, it should have been better put together.

    Don't even get me started with the multiplayer.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 30, 2007 at 7:24 PM

    Why would the strelok bit not be included into the main flow of the game(which was what I followed, to the north)? it just seems a bit odd.

    Another thing I was disapointed with was that the emphasis put on the factions turned out to be a load of crap. As far as I know you are not able to join any, just run silly missions for them (duty, freedom).

    A good atmosphere doesn't make up for confusing gameplay.

  • gta4 soon

    • mabufo
    • March 30, 2007 at 2:04 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    have you even played the game?

    We are talking about the GRAND THEFT AUTO series right?

  • gta4 soon

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 11:24 PM

    I don't like gta. Car jacking isn't something I'm interested in.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM

    So wait, I missed a huge story chunk by following the missions the fat guy gave me? My mind is boggled.

    EDIT: Also, if that is the case - how fucking lame is that?

  • gta4 soon

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 9:54 PM

    Oh awesome! Now I can kill even more hookers!

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 9:53 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    do the main quest guys

    Isn't that what I did? I'm confused.

  • Americans are NOT stupid

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 7:38 PM

    That makes me sad to be an American. Of course, that's what happens when you pick random people off the street.

    Also, I blame public schools.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 7:35 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    I had the want to be Rich one.

    Same here. It was sort of silly.

    Is stalker going to have an SDK or something available? I could really get into mapping for this I think. It'd force me to learn to texture.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM

    My ending was sort of lame. Kind of anti climactic.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 29, 2007 at 4:27 AM

    Well, I passed the system requirements test at http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/.

    However, even with the tweak posted I still run slowly, from what I can tell - the dynamic lighting is killing me. I'll try some more things and get back to you guys.

    FYI, I have not installed the patch for the game because I do not want to lose my progress in the game so far!

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R is G.O.L.D

    • mabufo
    • March 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM

    I have an EVGA 7600, and even with the game on low/minimum settings my game slows up in certain areas. One of the problem areas would be the freedom camp north of where the bar is. If I look at anything but the ground, my game gets choppy. Is the draw distance causing the problem?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • March 10, 2007 at 5:36 PM

    How did the ship get stuck there?

  • Power Supplies, and video cards

    • mabufo
    • March 5, 2007 at 9:17 PM

    Well, I'll just run to my local tiger direct retail location and pick up some 500W power supplies once my stuff arrives...

    Does anyone have any (prefferably on the cheap) 500W PSU recomendations?

  • Power Supplies, and video cards

    • mabufo
    • March 5, 2007 at 6:06 PM

    If I want to install a video card that recomends my PSU to have 400W, and I only have 300W, will that hamper my performance? What will happen? Will anything happen?

  • Help my dad with a name for his band

    • mabufo
    • March 3, 2007 at 8:42 PM

    The Sons of the South Pacific.

  • Favourite SNES moments!

    • mabufo
    • February 3, 2007 at 2:46 AM

    I used to have marathon playing sessions with the neighborhood kids playing turtles in time, starfox, and mario.

    Oh yeah, bomberman was the shit.

  • Favourite SNES moments!

    • mabufo
    • February 2, 2007 at 2:50 AM

    Well, I looked around my home today to find a dusty old SNES in my closet. I started playing a bit and have really had quite a lot of fun. so I decided to log onto mapcore and see what you folks think about SNES games.

    Anyway, the questios are: What was your most memorable gaming experience on the SNES? What was/is your favourite SNES game? Boxers, or briefs?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • January 18, 2007 at 3:47 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Some new early screens of my single player...[Blocked Image: http://www.skjalgmap.com/maps/hunted/hunted04s.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://www.skjalgmap.com/maps/hunted/hunted05s.jpg]

    Pipe model by Rick_D ~~

    Yours looks better than my attempt to use PhilK's textures. I'll post some screens of my shitty wip later.

    EDIT: actually, I think I'll scrap it and start fresh.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™