1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mabufo

Posts by mabufo

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • April 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM

    God damn. It's been too fucking long since I stepped foot in this thread. That was probably over 200 pages ago. hi guys.

    I'll post some screens of the ancient shit fest that I'm working on probably sometime tomorrow. Cheers.

  • UnrealEd with steam (finding materials)

    • mabufo
    • June 5, 2008 at 7:03 AM

    fixed

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • January 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

    I wish I could make those episode 2 displacements like valve did. They look so pretty, and mine always come out looking retarded. It's depressing, I'll just have to practice I guess.

  • de_terminus2

    • mabufo
    • January 2, 2008 at 5:30 PM

    Benches, pay phones, garbage decals, garbage cans, locked maintenance doors, pipes (in moderation), Clocks, train schedules, plants, et all. Think of things you might see at a train station and try to add them to your map. I think with this map you should also focus on the lighting after you nail down the prop placement. fluorescent lighting isn't all you'll see in a train station, you know?

  • Reality check in games journalism - a short essay

    • mabufo
    • December 3, 2007 at 7:58 PM
    Quote from Cybbe

    Like how the nintendo magazine would always 10/10 nintendo published games ;D

    Nintendo Power has to be the perfect example of this that there ever has been.

  • PC Gears of War Map Editor Revealed

    • mabufo
    • November 3, 2007 at 12:20 AM

    I wish it was up on the system requirements lab page... I didn't see it. I should be mostly fine, just maybe the gig of ram, and 2.4 gig processor could use a boost.

  • PC Gears of War Map Editor Revealed

    • mabufo
    • November 2, 2007 at 9:09 PM

    on the subject of gears, does anyone know how it will play on an EVGA 7600GT?

  • PC Gears of War Map Editor Revealed

    • mabufo
    • November 1, 2007 at 1:24 AM

    This might be the game that sucks me back into mapping.

  • I'm pretty much done with any modern PC games...

    • mabufo
    • August 30, 2007 at 9:54 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    When i'll see a game worth the gameplay of baldur's gate 2 on a next gen console, i'll buy one..

    Winner.

  • Now playing

    • mabufo
    • August 12, 2007 at 9:53 PM

    Baldur's Gate 2... I, quite literally, rolled a shape shifter druid this time around.

  • New pictures of starcraft motherfucking two

    • mabufo
    • August 9, 2007 at 10:57 PM

    I was never really able to get into RTS games. There was always too much going on at once for me to keep up with.

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • mabufo
    • August 8, 2007 at 6:35 AM

    I think JP is the only HL mapper who knows how to make proper curves.

  • ID Tech 5 & "Rage" presentation

    • mabufo
    • August 7, 2007 at 8:06 AM

    ...makes me wish I could model. I only have experience with HL's brush system, not this fancy mesh stuff.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • August 7, 2007 at 5:42 AM

    I really like the style of those white columns in the last shot. Try and keep that sort of architectural theme going.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • mabufo
    • August 6, 2007 at 9:01 PM

    I'd throw in some sparking wires hanging from the ceiling here and there.

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • mabufo
    • July 31, 2007 at 6:50 AM
    Quote from mabufo

    Oh my god, you're an asshole.

    Be more constructive with your feedback as well, please.

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • mabufo
    • July 31, 2007 at 1:15 AM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    I dig that concept, a lot, but damn, that map is pure ass

    Oh my god, you're an asshole.

  • RadioactiveToast

    • mabufo
    • July 25, 2007 at 4:02 AM

    Well, nevertheless, I do hope you two stick with it - because I want to play it.

  • RadioactiveToast

    • mabufo
    • July 25, 2007 at 3:05 AM

    You coded all of this yourself? It's bloody brilliant sir!

    EDIT: You should make my disembodied monkey-pimp head a boss for one of the levels.

  • PS3 Price Drop in the US

    • mabufo
    • July 17, 2007 at 2:29 AM

    I'm still considering getting a PSP.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™