1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • e-freak
    • October 20, 2007 at 2:03 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Ending was excellent too, does anyone have the song from the credits?

    GCF-Scape, .Net Frameworks and there you go

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • e-freak
    • October 20, 2007 at 2:00 PM

    Have you thought about making this a nightmap? You could place point_spotlights which illuminate the cliffs from below so to make them look contrasty and edgier and illuminate the important spots directly, playing with some lighting colors to push the "Red-Feeling" even more.

  • reflective texture in source

    • e-freak
    • October 18, 2007 at 11:39 PM

    You can make a texture Reflective, Transparent and Selfilluminated + Normalmap and Difuse. Put the reflective in a single texture (8bit), put the transparency into the normalmap and the selfillumination into the difuse. I'ven't got the code here but I'm pretty sure this was possible

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • e-freak
    • October 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM

    Mr Happy - as far as I can remember from the last time I've seen him he is the guy at the top right of the black painted head with the red questionmark.

  • New Tim Schafer game

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2007 at 11:52 PM

    looks cheap. not my kind of game.

  • New Book/Job site/Tutorials

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2007 at 5:35 PM

    OK, now I know what I wish for christmas

  • My drawings

    • e-freak
    • October 16, 2007 at 5:28 PM

    The last one is great. The First one lacks a constant painting style. While you used big soft brushes for the marine and the foreground enviroment, the alien and the background are painted much more sharp and thus give a not so enclosed feeling.

    The second one is cool - nice concepts, good use of coloring in a short time - the third one looks like thrown together fotoresources with unsharp filter and then paintovers here and there - not so well imho - also the composition is quite... unusual. The Character right in the middle (no use of goldencut or anything) with pretty uninteresting colors and a big dixi-toilet in the background with much more attentional colors as well as the pink spot at the right bottom. also the same as to the first picture: The painting style changes dramatically everythere.

  • Sign here for hl2 ep2 in spanish lenguage.

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 10:39 PM

    it's not stupid - it's a matter of tech. In Germany we have as well every movie and game translated (although I prefer to watch in original language) and in the most cases it may lack one or two language based jokes but is fairly good done and synchron so you won't notice the difference. There are even examples where the german translation is better than the origin (e.g. Whoopie Goldberg stated that she liked her german synchronisation more than her own speech)

  • Sign here for hl2 ep2 in spanish lenguage.

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 5:21 PM

    I think that Brazil and Portugese have more gamers. Infact it seems that the brazilian cities are more western in this aspect than the spanish parts of latin-america and as a such there are more portugese people at steam

  • MINERVA

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 5:19 PM

    they look as if they were made by valve - not better, not worse!

  • Released - cp_crazedacre

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 5:16 PM

    looks solid. some more texture variation would not hurt though. at the moment it is too grey - break this with some darker and more colourfull textures and maybe you can vary some of the walls as well (for example not having all the windows look the same and fans all over the place)

  • Sign here for hl2 ep2 in spanish lenguage.

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 1:18 PM

    You can still write your own translation and send it to valve. I know from Torsten Zabka that they are taking Community Made Translations if they are good enough and release them (maybe you get some goodies even).

    I know you want to have a spanish translation and not make one but as barrakid said: They are looking at the numbers and how much they can sell there compared to the cost of a translation studio.

  • MINERVA

    • e-freak
    • October 15, 2007 at 9:21 AM

    It's Adam Foster and he finished another part and made it Episode 1 compatible but the Readme States that the game is still Episodic and can be interpreted as: "I'm working on another episode".

    Super Awesome SP-Mod (For just using standard-content)

  • Innovative use of music in games

    • e-freak
    • October 14, 2007 at 5:50 PM

    I would check out games like Gothic 3. I read a pretty interesting article from Kai Rosenkrantz (in german) where he told how they had the gameplay sourrunded by the fitting music with data sets in theyr soundtrack wich allowed the game to mix the various themes and tracks depending on how you play and what scene you are experiencing.

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 13, 2007 at 1:19 PM
    Quote from dissonance

    Tried it and it didn't full the whole screen.

    I have texture resolution High in Portal and not "Very High".

    I've been to the shop and they told me I would have to send the card in which would take 3-4 ****** Weeks! But the problem could also be caused by a broken DVI-D Cable which would be weird but I'm just testing it now with another cable.

  • UT3 System Score Calc

    • e-freak
    • October 12, 2007 at 3:48 PM

    wait - I could run Roboblitz AND Bioshock without much problems on high resolution and good texture quality - why should UT3 take so much more from my system?

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 12, 2007 at 3:47 PM

    Seems to be that the Video Ram is having problems at low temperature increase so I'll get my card back to the shop tomorrow and maybe I can convince the seller that I get a new DX10 by paying the price difference

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 12, 2007 at 1:20 PM

    Neither did I overclock my card nor did I have any Temperature Problems yet - I think I'll have a look for the temperature though...

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 12, 2007 at 10:24 AM

    Mh, I'm using an ASUS A8EN and had no problems till yet. I think I'm gonna give the card back on mondy *looking for the original box and cash*

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 9:52 PM

    No - the Pixels move with the picture. If I open up a screenshot with those colors which seem to cause the flickering and move it around the pixels move around as well - and I doubt that all my pixels die at the same time

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™