1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. neotic

Posts by neotic

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • neotic
    • November 11, 2007 at 10:27 AM

    Yes. Redownloaded everything as well. I'll just wait till they fix the problem like they say they will.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • neotic
    • November 11, 2007 at 4:02 AM
    Quote

    "I guess that I hadn’t really considered the fact that all three games in the Orange Box have a pretty good dose of humour to them. I know in Episode Two we did really want to bring more humour into the franchise. I mean, Half-Life had plenty of humourous moments, if a dark kind of comedy. The setting and premise of Half-Life 2 was pretty dark, and we did try to make you believe in the Combine oppression of humanity. But over time, as a team, we wanted to bring back some of the Half-Life humour into the franchise without diluting the sense of gravity."

    Its what you wanted right?

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • neotic
    • November 11, 2007 at 3:47 AM

    can you upload your ep1 version then so i can try it? i've compiled models all week and just tried a previous successful model and same result! uhh frustrating.

  • HL2 sdk update tomorrow morning

    • neotic
    • November 11, 2007 at 1:24 AM

    Is studiomdl.exe broken too?

    I keep getting "Error: Bad Command {" followed by

    "SMD MODEL C:\Documents and Settings\William Tyler\Desktop\villa_bookcase.smd

    ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'villa_bookcase'

    StudioMDL Thread complete"

  • [FGD] Team Fortress 2 Beta FGD

    • neotic
    • September 26, 2007 at 2:01 AM

    As much as I love TF2 if thats the case then it fails entirely in certain aspects that make TF... TF. I can't imagine there not being a hunted type map in the final release. I won't... can't believe it.

  • [FGD] Team Fortress 2 Beta FGD

    • neotic
    • September 25, 2007 at 5:10 AM

    Does this imply that TF2 will not allow for more than two teams?

  • xsi origin

    • neotic
    • September 16, 2007 at 6:01 PM

    Ohh I thought the origin was linked with the pivot point (or translate/rotate/scale helpers) and it is off center. Well mmh, I hope thats the case. Thanks!

  • xsi origin

    • neotic
    • September 16, 2007 at 10:13 AM

    Hi! Still new to modeling and all... actually I feel a bit like I'm cheating... imported vmf into XSI, trying to save brush faces for the map! Anyways, I've figured out UV mapping and got rid of the faces I need to discard, but I was trying to find out how to translate/move/set the origin of the model peices. Google searches return rather vague results and none really say how to set an origin and XSI help is silent as well. Could someone let me know?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • September 14, 2007 at 8:30 AM

    Feels like Dark City... I like it...

  • why is this rendering?

    • neotic
    • September 14, 2007 at 8:29 AM

    I'm itching to help your itch.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • August 21, 2007 at 3:29 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/cathedral_d0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/cathedral_d0005.jpg]

    WIP =x

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • August 7, 2007 at 3:46 AM

    Little something I'm working on... obviously very WIP. Needs more color, its getting there.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/catherdral_d0004.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/catherdral_d0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/catherdral_d0003.jpg]

  • de_liquidwebx

    • neotic
    • June 18, 2007 at 4:47 PM

    Disclaimer: This is based off a real building, the taboo of the taboo, so be nice. Was built for person that runs our server. =x

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jpnr4p

    http://download.yousendit.com/B5EDEB364EBD2F00

    Can play it @ 72.52.134.65:27015

    Bomb/Defuse

    Terrorist failed a covert operation to blow up Liquidweb's data center after Counter Terrorist prevent their attack, now they plan to take it by sheer numbers!

    Front Door

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0000.jpg]

    Terrorist Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0012.jpg]

    Counter-Terrorist Spawn

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0011.jpg]

    Roof Ladder w/ Back Entrance

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0002.jpg]

    Roof

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0003.jpg]

    Back Entrance

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0001.jpg]

    Side Cubicals

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0004.jpg]

    Bomb Site A

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0005.jpg]

    Bomb Site B

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0007.jpg]

    Annex

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0006.jpg]

    Front Door

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0008.jpg]

    Halls

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0009.jpg]

    Back Storage Area

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/liquidwebx/de_liquidwebx0010.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • March 27, 2007 at 4:02 AM

    Just a quick compile of a lil something...

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/shambala20000.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • March 9, 2007 at 12:18 AM

    Just a little screen of last few hours of works and a question... see those larger darker windows on the tower of the aquaduct? They are unusually darker than they should be and clash too much with the rest of the tower, on the other side they are correctly shaded, which is all obviously due to the light_env, to correct it I tied the models to info_lighting on the correct side but saw no change as well as turning off dynamic shadows and still no luck. Any ideas to work around this? Grr.

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/shambala0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/shambala0001.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • February 28, 2007 at 3:46 AM

    Hope these aren't too big, stupid photobucket!

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/sundown20000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/sundown20001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/sundown20002.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • January 30, 2007 at 8:05 PM
    Quote from ReNo & ifO

    In the second pic it almost looks like you've actually built some geometry to emphasise the ledges and things in the texture - is that actually the case or just me reading the screenshot wrong?

    Yeah, I'm going to protrude those ledges out and once I get a proper light_env in there I hope it will create enough dynamic to make it not feel so repetitive. but!! i do know I need more textures... =x

    thx

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • January 30, 2007 at 6:39 AM

    Very much a work in progress... . but really wanted to post something =x

    it probably will be a de_ map..

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/sundown0004.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/wtbuser/sundown0006.jpg]

  • Texture and 2d Art Reference URL Thread

    • neotic
    • December 14, 2006 at 10:19 AM

    My hardest thing about texture creation is making uniform and believable structures, like a door or window with an arch, or other detailed parts of a building.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • neotic
    • May 18, 2006 at 5:47 PM

    Thanks alot guys, been dying for feed back. The killer part is that, its based off a real building that is quite vast and desolate. I mean, its primarily an inside map, what you see outside is entirely limited by that fense. I agree, more props would be good but I guess I'm scared of killing video cards! heh. If it weren't a real place or the guy that I'm making it for allowed me to fudge more extreme stuff this would be a lot easier hehe.

    dc-mike: I'll try that with the fixtures, and yeah, that couch needs a closer cube map for sure - surprised I missed that.

    /thanks.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™