1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tofu

Posts by tofu

  • [TF2] CP_Great_Heights

    • tofu
    • September 12, 2008 at 3:11 PM
    Quote from arhurt

    Very nice design dude. Teleporters are going to be a must so be sure to include a few safe spots to hide one, those heavies will be crying like babies for some help, I like it

    Cheers, funny you should mention the TP's They're the bonuses rewarded for capturing A & B! (indestructible)

  • [TF2] CP_Great_Heights

    • tofu
    • September 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM

    Thanks for the feedback fellas!

    Quote from MrTwoVideoCards

    Whoa dude that HDR and color Correction is wicked!

    Cheers! But no colour correction just yet I just used a different hue for the Sun, instead of the light orange/yellows in most original tf setups.

    There isn't much in the way of scaffolds so to speak, but the big rock arch will have some stairway scaffold support when I get to detailing. I also added one mini rock/step path to one area and it came out really well - so I'll look at adding a few more of those once I work on the main 'stump' deformations.

    I noticed you're from Aus, if anyone else is, I've rented a server for playtests - the first one starts tomorrow, so if you're interested, add me to steam!

  • [TF2] CP_Great_Heights

    • tofu
    • September 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM

    CP_Great_Heights

    by toutfou

    Some of you may have seen some screenshots of mine in the WIP in WIP thread. Although I'm still quite fond of the old version - I decided to start from scratch a couple of weeks ago.

    CP_Great_Heights is a one round, CP map. Setup in Gravel Pit fashion with 2 primary CP's to capture before the last. As the name implies, it's an uphill battle for Blu from the very beginning, but to alleviate that uphill march, there are some bonuses awarded to them for capturing A and B!

    [Blocked Image: http://www.isforkris.com/great_heights/cp_great_heights001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.isforkris.com/great_heights/cp_great_heights002.jpg]

  • [TF2] Cp_factory

    • tofu
    • September 10, 2008 at 1:52 AM
    Quote from Mr. Happy

    Ok, basically, the gameplay is like this: I'ts a five point CP map but the last two points are in whatever order YOU want them to be!

    Much better ;P Do you still have to cap both, or just one?

  • Competition: Escape!

    • tofu
    • September 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM

    I think the concept is good, but it's a very time consuming task to perform. It'd almost require the full attention of the designer to pull off something significant before the deadline. Given that most people here have their own projects on the go, or are in the industry already... I'm not sure how many would be willing to divert from their priorities. But, as you say... all is silent, so maybe there are people getting into it

    I really liked the 1024 map challenge, I came in too late to participate. Perhaps a small 1024 gameplay of any sort (portal, hl2sp, exploration based etc...) would see more participants?

  • Baguet Map Pack

    • tofu
    • September 2, 2008 at 10:57 AM

    Looking top notch! J'aime vraiment votre presentation !

  • [TF2] Cp_factory

    • tofu
    • September 2, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    Quote from JohnSmith

    I dig the lighting,The only thing i dont like is the rockwall in the railway tunnel, looks kinda cheap... but other than that, great job!

    I agree here, it looks kind of strange. You could push the rock wall in by 64 and build a support structure up in front of it.

    But overall, the map looks amazing! I'd work on producing a more legible description of it's gameplay - even if it's not confusing after playing it for a bit. I want to get excited about the potential layout but I can't visualise it off of whats written

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • August 27, 2008 at 4:19 AM

    Cheers guys!

    Quote from e-freak

    looks cool - i wonder how you install the next CPs (as you said it's heigthbased I assume they would be ontop or something?)

    There's only one CP in this area, up top. Round 2 will have 2 and round 3 will have 3. I thought of making the last round similar to Gravel Pit but I think I'll stick with straight CP

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • August 26, 2008 at 3:43 PM

    Early days, lots of back and forth with displacements cause they're a bit foreign to me Height based CP map, this area is round 1 with only 1 CP to cap (up the top)

  • WIP "Causality Effect"

    • tofu
    • January 9, 2006 at 4:03 AM

    Looks interesting Love the choice of music.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • January 8, 2006 at 1:06 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    [aussie accent].........ello' mate![/aussie accent}

    Ello? That's almost as bad as Norman's "orsea" when trying to pronounce "aussie (oz-ie)". It's g'day mate! Eesh

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • January 8, 2006 at 6:07 AM
    Quote from RD

    welcome Tofu. Bienvenu

    Merci ;P

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • January 7, 2006 at 6:15 PM
    Quote from Nz-Nexus

    exactly, most of the tfc maps are clean without junk and too many of details.

    My map doesnt need that, it will be enought with the grenades and concs all around.

    But you aren't mapping for TFC ;P Some of the FF map's are looking nicely detailed, whilst still quite minimal.

    http://%7boption%7d

    http://%7boption%7d

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™