1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tofu

Posts by tofu

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • December 20, 2008 at 4:50 AM

    Yeah it's provided its fair share of laughs too Seeing ragdolls take a dive is also a good one.

    How's your map going? Haven't heard much lately.

  • pl_frontier (not my map, but my model)

    • tofu
    • December 19, 2008 at 4:03 PM

    Classic man Awesome concepts and I love the 60% more hurt

  • [TF2] ctf_aerospace (beta 4)

    • tofu
    • December 18, 2008 at 12:38 AM

    Ah cool, cheers. Hope your modifications go well. Starting over fresh often pays off big GH's was restarted 3 times but somehow still ended up rather messy looking in the editor!

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • December 18, 2008 at 12:36 AM

    Cheers guys. Been getting some good feedback from those who've hosted it already, it's taken off quite well so far. The primary aussie server was packed for about 8 hours or so last night, 24/24 with it as the sole map in rotation!

    HDR Reduction is in the works Shacky, a few people have commented on this so it's becoming an established quarrel with the level.

    Quote from arhurt

    It`s on the rotation of one of the servers I play in often

    Which server is this? Hard to keep track of who's hosting what, but its fun to pay their forums a visit if they have a website setup.

  • [TF2] ctf_aerospace (beta 4)

    • tofu
    • December 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM
    Quote from Psy

    The map looks incredible and it definitely deserves to be an official map. I'm interested to know why you have to rebuild it all from scratch.

    Yeah I'd love to see any screens they may have sent to point these issues out I think the tf2maps community would appreciate seeing that kind of thing too - perhaps you can ask whoever emailed you if it would be ok to release the shots.

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • December 17, 2008 at 1:45 AM

    Well it's out folks Now I actually have time to pack for my upcoming country skip. Already itching at the bit to get back into the level and start working on B3. I hope to have most areas detailed and a more cohesive visual theme throughout its entirety. Kinda wished I put more focus on that at the start but ah well, it plays good and that's the main thing for now.

    If anyone's in Australia, it's currently on a dedicated internode server at 150.101.172.77:27015 and on BestGN's rotation at: 202.131.91.90:27040

    Currently doing the rounds on numerous forums, I feel like a bit of a pleb doing it :/ 1st posts promoting your own map and all, but ah well.

    http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/73905

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_06.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/promo_b2.jpg]

  • DeadB4Xmas

    • tofu
    • December 15, 2008 at 10:14 AM

    Any updates btw?

  • Traveling Europe

    • tofu
    • December 14, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    Quote from Squirrelly

    1) Should I purchase a motorcycle or 'hoof' it (use public transportation - on that topic, how is public transportation?)? Would my American license be valid? How would insurance work?

    2) What are some places that are pretty much a required visit, and places that should be avoided at all costs?

    3) How do I avoid being taken advantage of? :wink:

    Any other advice you guys could throw my way would definitely be helpful.

    1) Public transport was fine for me, trains to every city I was going to (I went through Holland, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, UK). Within the cities it was fine getting around with a bike or transport. I would have liked to of had a car but saves a shit load of $'s not having to put up with it.

    2) Depends on your tastes, I hate being a tourist and having to see X Y and Z, so I just hung out with the locals and for that I enjoyed Amsterdam, Koln, Bad Soden (30 mins outside of Frankfurt) and Luxembourg was pretty cool too, somewhat touristic but I've always liked the small nature of Luxembourg so it was worth checking out

    3) If it's your thing, couchsurf your way around. Most hosts give you a wealth of info on the city you're in, would normally show you around too. Not to mention you dont pay a cent for accommodation: http://www.couchsurfing.com/

  • My Beautiful Mind

    • tofu
    • December 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM

    I agree with a lot of the above I've had trouble mapping even when I felt like mapping. Part of it is to do with my shitty, uncomfortable environment atm but the other part has to do with forums, reddit, videosift etc. But when I'm working fulltime I dont tend to have the same issues... One thing I can't agree with more however:

    Quote

    -do physical exercise-make yourself real food

    -i did successfully give irc use the boot

    -i deleted all my firefox bookmarks for news sites except for penny arcade and kotaku

    -i only have 2 forums i check mapcore and polycount (cut down form like 10)

    -i close miranda when i do mapping work

    -i never have a physical phone hooked in

    -my cellphone is never on when i am not on the road and its always set to vibration alert

    Display More

    Fuck yes!!

    Man it shits me how often folks in our industry eat shit and drink shit :/ Shits me even more when the only crap on supply in the office is exactly that: shit drinks and shit food. I think a lot of games companies could benefit by hosting a few healthy eating/living presentations or at least some basic cooking shows Kinda depressing to see matured men have nfi how to cook themselves an omelet.

  • Prince of Persia soon to come out...

    • tofu
    • December 10, 2008 at 11:48 AM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    Was PoP really aimed at being a family game? Because the Prince kinda looks like a hobo. Or at least, a dirty pirate.

    It's ubi's secret new strategy to turn all their characters into hobos

    [Blocked Image: http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/scc2.jpg]

  • Kings Bounty, anyone hooked?

    • tofu
    • December 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    Quote from Warby

    is this turn based ?

    Yep

    Quote

    ":8wej74x2]Is this fun?!

    As fun as farts in a bath

    Quote from zaphod

    I was excited to look into this as a game to play co-op on a lan, but as far as I could tell it didn't support multiplayer.

    Nup purely SP, but it'll rival the time you put into some MP games

  • Kings Bounty, anyone hooked?

    • tofu
    • December 9, 2008 at 12:43 PM

    Never played the 1st myself, so I wouldn't know - but the reviews are positive with most saying that it's a successful follow up. Most of the reviews bag on the graphics however, but both myself and my mate have no idea why they're down on it as we both feel the graphics are up to par. The level of detail is rather stunning, especially given the small teamsize and the animations are over the top.

    Can't do yourself any harm by checking out the demo: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09 ... unty-demo/

    As my mate just said in his recent email:

    Quote

    I'm seriously thinking I need to delete this game from my PC. It'seating up way much more time than I am happy with :/

    Sounds like I'm a pusher! But with L4D, GTA4, -insert 2008 release title here-, I haven't played any other game more than this one :X And I've only had it just over a week

  • Kings Bounty, anyone hooked?

    • tofu
    • December 9, 2008 at 6:36 AM

    Wow, no one here has checked this game out? You're missing out!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • December 9, 2008 at 12:30 AM
    Quote from m8nkey

    I haven't looked into it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible in TF2. Gary's Mod supports dof ingame. It uses a simple interface to select the focal point distance.

    Yep, psycho linked to the tutorial I used. I recorded a playtest with SourceTV and went back and took some SS's from angles I really liked - they turned out much better than the ones I could get whilst playing myself. The tilt shift works best when there's combat going on, my favourite is the first one in that shot compilation

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • December 8, 2008 at 6:35 AM

    Here's a little promo piece I've been posting on some TF2 related forums, I messed around with using Tilt Shifting on some TF2 stuff and I think it turns out ok, albeit a bit small in this particular shot

    [Blocked Image: http://triggerthis.net/promo_b1.jpg]

  • [TF2] Arena_offblast

    • tofu
    • December 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

    Looking pretty sweet! A neutral rocket skin wouldn't be too hard to do, but you'd have to include a duplicate of the model with the map - increasing the size but I wouldn't imagine it would increase by a lot.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • December 6, 2008 at 4:20 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    the shortcuts are coming back too, they were like second nature so its like a muscle reflex to get to them spend about three hours making some stairs towards the center that you cant really see, but this is where the map is at for now

    I have a love hate relationship with hammers shortcuts, I think they're pretty friendly on the usability side but everytime I go into photoshop it messes with my head as I start shift+'ing all the PS shortcuts. What game is your level for, standard HL2?

    Quote from m8nkey

    Tofu: That shot doesn't give much away but it looks well composed.

    Yeah it's primarily a marketing shot. The first public Beta comes out this week so that'll give everything away - just trying to lure players in and it seems to be working, had a 7 hour playtest last night which was a bit mental, especially towards the drunken blurry end.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • tofu
    • December 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM

    One of the CP's from Great Heights - aiming for a beta release this coming Monday

    [Blocked Image: http://triggerthis.net/screens_alpha/plgh_04.jpg]

  • Sound game

    • tofu
    • December 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    Quote from dux

    I got to 2nd chapter 4th winter one and lost interest a bit cause i was tired

    Likewise, well, that and it started to run a touch too choppy

    Would be nice if the directional arrows went a bit transparent when inactive, rather than disappearing altogether. Very cool concept though.

  • pl_halfacre - a single stage payload map

    • tofu
    • December 3, 2008 at 10:08 AM

    It's doing pretty well on BestGN. Almost Australia's sole custom map servers. It's good to see you're following up on your posts in numerous forums - word of mouth will eventually get around

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™