1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. tofu

Posts by tofu

  • Crank 2

    • tofu
    • April 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM

    love it love it love it Crank 1 was top notch, love the editing, if you haven't watched it with directors commentary then I highly recommend doing so, as there's a lot you miss the first time around

    Cant wait for it to be out here in Buda

  • Bunch of good talks from GDX

    • tofu
    • April 18, 2009 at 4:18 PM

    Interesting talk from Senior LD at Epic, Andrew Bains. The matinee used for assault is freaaaaaaaaking crazy He also goes into Epics hiring process, what they look for etc, I watched this just before discovering the thread about the IGDA Studio Heads Forum - but I'll leave my comments on that for the proper thread

    There's also Mark Nelson, Lead Designer at Big Huge Games but previously worked at Bethesda on the Elder Scrolls series. Jason Arnone, Art Manager at Harmonix, Jon Jones, Production Manager at NCSoft

    http://scad.tv/archive.php

  • SFAM - Arhurt

    • tofu
    • March 21, 2009 at 4:09 PM

    Looking cool mate Especially considering you're still learning the engine too

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • March 10, 2009 at 5:31 PM

    Cheers guys

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Honestly its looking fucking awesomeAll of your changes are absolutely stunning and really make me wonder why you released that previous garbage (when in comparison to the new stuff)

    It was playing well, people were enjoy it and I was also at the end of my 4 months back in Australia, I wanted to get it out before I had to move so that I'd have a good month or two of playtime/downtime to gather feedback before starting work on it again. It's pretty refreshing going back now and bringing it together visually. It was a problem I struggled with from the start so I'm pretty happy a theme is starting to develop.

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • March 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM

    Yeah I'll give the beam a shot I think. That area is quite low to the players head, so I may remove it altogether if it's a bit too in your face.

    Cheers Kung, I think the first shot is my favourite also, I'm kind of benchmarking the rest of my work against it and I've not been 100% satisfied with them, but I think they're still a big improvement over what was there before Here's a bit more:

    Before:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_b3_b2.jpg]

    After

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_b3_a2.jpg]

    Closeup:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plgh_b3_a2a.jpg]

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • March 4, 2009 at 10:47 AM

    Nice handrail suggestion Freak, it should fit pretty well

    Quote from NykO18

    Looks like you're using several short sprites to light up the (quite long) fluorescent light. It's kinda visible on the screen, but maybe not in action.Else, your work is very good, it lacks some details or some decals/overlays but I think it's what makes the TF2-style (i guess).

    I'm a big fan of this picture (the building in the background):

    http://www.triggerthis.net/plghb3a.jpg

    Yeah I am using small sprites - it was a cheap C&P from a cp_dustbowl spawnroom if I remember correctly. I've seen some other sprite uses and beams in other maps so I'll look into that.

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • March 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM

    Some WIP, I dont think I've achieved the feel I want for this area, feels a bit too narrow - but well, it's an improvement over the previous rendition

    [Blocked Image: http://triggerthis.net/plgh_b3_b1.jpg]

    Is now:

    [Blocked Image: http://triggerthis.net/plgh_b3_a1.jpg]

  • Source: OnUse inside trigger areas

    • tofu
    • February 14, 2009 at 4:16 PM

    Create a batch of them, so that the 'inside' radius is made up of several small ones, so that the player is always next to one. Not ideal but should do the trick?

  • Source: OnUse inside trigger areas

    • tofu
    • February 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM

    I can't verify completely, as tf2 doesn't have a use option - but I applied the NPC Clip texture to the func_button and that removed its solidarity, so I could walk inside it - though I'm not sure if this removes the buttons function or whether you'll have NPC's nearby whom will still hit the collision.

  • Animation in Source

    • tofu
    • February 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

    Awesome, that worked a treat. Thanks mate!

  • Animation in Source

    • tofu
    • February 12, 2009 at 7:54 PM

    Hey guys,

    First time trying to get an animation into source, and it's not working

    Anyone see a problem with the below .qc I have for my model? I can see the "playing" animation under Sequences in the editor, but the animation doesn't play (even in preview window). It's a simple 1 bone, 360 degree rotating animation so I can't see how something in max may be screwed... but if anyone has any ideas - I'm all ears.

    Code
    $modelname "plgh/plgh_model.mdl"
    
    
    $body "Body" "plgh_model.smd"
    
    
    $cdmaterials "plgh"
    
    
    
    
    $staticprop
    
    
    $scale 1
    
    
    $surfaceprop "Metal"
    
    
    
    
    $sequence playing "plgh_model_anim" loop fps 30
    
    
    
    
    $collisionmodel "plgh_model.smd"
    
    
    	{
    
    
    		$concave
    
    
    	}
    Display More

    The anim sequence export is named plgh_model_anim.SMD

  • MapCore Job Census

    • tofu
    • February 7, 2009 at 10:38 PM

  • MODS available directly through steam

    • tofu
    • February 7, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    Quote from Deathy

    Dystopia 1.2 and Eternal Silence are available through Steam now too.

    Nice emphasis

    Very cool to see Dystopia make it in, the spit and polish these guys have had since day one has been awesome.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • tofu
    • February 7, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    I'm trying to get my permanent residency in Canada right now so that's my goal for this year

    You mean Quebec, right? ;P

  • [UT3] Oil Field Scene

    • tofu
    • February 7, 2009 at 10:19 AM

    Nice, I'd like to see a HD video fly through of the level though

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • February 5, 2009 at 9:36 PM

    Cheers guys Looking forward to doing some more on it this w/e

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • February 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

    Killing my Sunday afternoon with some massive reconstruction:

    Before

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plghb3b.jpg]

    Ayfter

    [Blocked Image: http://www.triggerthis.net/plghb3a.jpg]

  • MapCore Job Census

    • tofu
    • January 15, 2009 at 8:04 PM

    Cheers guys

    Quote from FrieChamp

    From the stories I've heard, I doubt it will be your last cheers

    I've been trying to cut meat out of my diet over the last year, and to cut back on my drinking... I've moved to the worst place for attempting to do both

    Quote from FrieChamp

    What happens in Buda, stays in Buda.

    Compared to other studios I've worked at, it's super .. ahem... interesting!

    Quote from dux

    Which bit the was upmarket bit, buda or pest? I forget. For those of you who are dumb Budapest is separated down the middle by the river and the two parts of the city are called Buda and Pest. One of them being post modern cold war area. I think it was Pest? Grah.

    Depends what you call up market. Pest = fancy touristic area, still lots of old buildings but has most the clubs and restaurants. Buda is older, but has the castle district which is amazing and beautiful. It's much quieter and you can end up with some wicked views in numerous places. Both sides to me, appear to be the same cost of living. I've just accepted a place on the Buda side... I prefer quiet ;P Gives me a better chance at achieving my "cut back on drinking" resolution. Or just gives me more of an excuse to drink at home in front of TF2...

    Quote from kleinluka

    crytek budapest! cool! man you travel around niice.. how is budapest???

    Hey mate Yeah... unintentional traveling but that's the way the last year turned out, for one reason or another! Looking forward to settling here for a while. Budapest is great, lots of culture - looking forward to getting into the music scene and then I can compare it fairly to MTL How's the big freeze going anyway? Sergeuy/Steve still there?

  • MapCore Job Census

    • tofu
    • January 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM

    Just kicked things off with Crytek - Budapest last week. 3 cheers for Sandbox!

  • [TF2] PL Great Heights

    • tofu
    • December 28, 2008 at 2:29 AM

    *edit, redoing this shite!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™