1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Phobos

Posts by Phobos

  • Turok Concept Art

    • Phobos
    • November 13, 2008 at 6:20 PM

    That brings back memories.

    I worked on this project. I was super excited when I saw the concept art and the chance to work on a Turok game. I was hoping for something along the lines of Turok n64 style...

    Alas quite disappointing... Although the concept art was bad ass and held a lot of inspiration to pull from while working on the project.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • November 5, 2008 at 11:33 PM

    Most of the scripting is nothing special.

    Enemy spawning, combat advancement, and cinematic cut scenes.

    I left the actors in the screens for two reason. Applying for a designer position at a local studio, would like to show all process.

    Also I mentor students at the Vancouver Film School. I want to have some examples to show them when we're talking about specific questions they have. Had a class last night and something about how to layout scripts in a level came up.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • November 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM

    Hot Shit Peri.

    Spammage fo' sho

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_01.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_02.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_03.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_04.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_05.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_06.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_07.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nov_05_08.JPG]

    Screens of a Gears of War single player level I'm working on.

    Its not complete yet. I should be complete within the year with my work schedule.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • June 26, 2008 at 4:10 AM

    Thanks

    Yea agree with you e-freak. Especially using epic content.

    I may try to get it out of the ordinary with some custom content. But I'm more of the mind to get it done quickly so I can move onto another ut3 project I have in mind.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • June 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june13_01.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june13_02.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june13_03.JPG]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Phobos
    • June 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM

    Beginnings of a Single Player Gears of War level for my portfolio.

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june10_05.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june10_02.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june10_03.JPG]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/june10_04.JPG]

  • Looking for talented mod developers

    • Phobos
    • June 3, 2008 at 8:49 PM

    Sent my friend.

    I can't wait to rip it up again.. if you guys will take me D:

  • Looking for talented mod developers

    • Phobos
    • June 3, 2008 at 8:02 AM

    y helo thar?

    What might we be working on here? And in vancouver aswell? lol

    I've been in van using and teaching UE3 for a while now..

    I would be interested in getting back together with you guys.. Might be interesting.

    Just looking for coders and artist?

  • Make Something Unreal Contest 2008

    • Phobos
    • May 23, 2008 at 2:21 AM

    Yo,

    Quick question, and I think this is the place for the answer.

    With the new contest would Gears of War content be application for entry?

    I am making a Gears single player level and thought I might gear(lol) it towards a contest entry aswell.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks guys.

  • [UT3] - Exclude a static mesh of a skylight light.

    • Phobos
    • February 18, 2008 at 10:42 PM

    Hey

    Have you checked tried singling out the specific meshes using light channels. The skylights are probably hitting the CompositeDynamic channel, aswell as static and or bsp.

    Select all the meshes you want o independently light and choose a light channel that is just for them. Then adjust the lights your going to use only cast on those specific channels.

    I have not really used the UT3 or GOW Release engines. However I hope they haven't radically changed them from earlier distributions of the engine.

    Hope that helps.

    Nick

  • de_cityfever

    • Phobos
    • October 16, 2007 at 7:41 AM

    lol honestly I think the model might be from bloodlines... theres a few treats like that in the hl2 assets.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • September 22, 2007 at 12:32 AM

    hehe yeah might get to that. It was more of a practice texture.

    Babies go on the other side. Wouldn't want them getting thrown in the wash.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • September 21, 2007 at 1:44 AM

    cliche wall love

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/tech_tourneywall_web.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Phobos
    • September 18, 2007 at 8:31 AM

    lawl maybe, who be you?

  • The random model thread!

    • Phobos
    • September 18, 2007 at 4:48 AM

    I am currently modeling an Airship. There was no direction when I began, however I quickly got inspired by Final Fantasy IX airship concept art and the idea of constructing something rather primitive yet futuristic out of different types of materials.

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sept_16th_a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sept_16th_b.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/sept_16th_c.jpg]

  • A home project that's personal to me...

    • Phobos
    • September 18, 2007 at 4:36 AM

    lol reminds me of something else.

  • Texture artist blog

    • Phobos
    • August 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM

    I've relaunched my site with a blog backing. I plan to do similar but more oriented to my adventures and experiments. Once I get up and running on a suitable computer more likely the content will contain UE3 and High poly cg scenage.

    I'm going to add you guys to my good peoples(blog roll) links.

  • ns_machina

    • Phobos
    • August 30, 2007 at 9:08 AM

    good stuff man, many thumps up....

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • August 30, 2007 at 8:42 AM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    Uhh, Phobos...the normalmap doesn't look right

    agreed. I brought up the lightness a bit in photoshop to get a less intense look inside modo. However I think the normal map in some areas was a bit too strong I'm going to add subtle details instead of the intense displacement used.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Phobos
    • August 30, 2007 at 8:39 AM
    Quote from zaphod

    that looks awesome phobos! Any chance we could see it with the bump rendered?

    alright here are a few updates from tonight. I'm going to put the materials into maya. Modo's render system I'm still trying out.

    Ignore the red orb. Something I did after seeing some bioshock and looking for an excuse for more detail in that texture. Going to axe from further use.

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bricktexture_normal_web.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/bricktexture_web2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://cubedorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/floor_and_wall.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™