1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • TES: Oblivion.

    • Erratic
    • March 25, 2006 at 1:38 AM

    I picked it up on Wednesday and played only for an hour until I was chased by some women with an axe over a beach, through a river and eventually up a hill, where I gave her a number of swift blows to the head while hiding atop a rock.

    Been eager to get back to it. The combat system is simple and engaging, sort of the RPG fill I've been hoping for since Diablo.

  • what music are you listening 2 atm?

    • Erratic
    • March 18, 2006 at 6:29 PM

    requiem for a dream soundtrack

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • March 16, 2006 at 9:29 PM

    Actually I really like the Battlefield franchise and I'll admit my experience with those editors isn't very extensive, it's just what I noticed from screwing around with them for a bit. And all I meant by comparing it to a strategy game world editor is that they tend to be focused around terrain generation and plotting down preconstructed set pieces from other modeling applications. These editors don't allow for the same ability to create completely unique environments with the editor alone.

    But that seems to be the direction most editors are taking anyway, so I guess I'm just stubborn.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • March 16, 2006 at 8:03 PM

    You can't really compare each editor. They were built for a specific type of game. The BF2 editor wouldn't lend itself to creating an immersive singleplayer game and Hammer wouldn't do much good for a game focused almost entirely on terrain based multiplayer maps.

    Though I think anything derived from the early generation of editors (Quake, Unreal) is more flexible anyhow, the bf2 editor is more comparable to a strategy game world editor, it's built for a very specific purpose.

  • Any good wallpapers?

    • Erratic
    • March 9, 2006 at 5:16 AM

    A few nice space works here. All very high res so no fumbling about for the proper size.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • March 2, 2006 at 8:24 PM

    Ah, it's just a little emptier. Hope you finish it, I think it'd be definitely worth the time.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • March 2, 2006 at 7:38 PM

    That's very cool. The clean textures work really well. Got another shot of that by any chance? Would be cool to see more of it.

  • what music are you listening 2 atm?

    • Erratic
    • March 2, 2006 at 7:05 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Britney SpearsSimple Plan

    50 cent

    Christina Aguilera

    Kelly Osbourne

    Avril Lavigne (ROCK AND ROLL BABY \m/)

    It's like you raided my CD collection. Awesome.

  • [WIP] Opel Blitz

    • Erratic
    • February 28, 2006 at 1:04 AM

    Just off hand, but the skin seems a little too dark, but it could be the render? Not sure, looks good otherwise.

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Erratic
    • February 26, 2006 at 12:22 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Devastation.Oldish FPS that runs on the Unreal Warfare engine, got poor reviews and the only reason I have it is because it was buy two get one free at GAME awhilew ago. It's ok, pretty generic stuff really, graphics aren't too bad.

    The nearest Futureshop has had one copy of it for at least a year now. It's about $9 dollars (Canadian) and still no ones picked it up. I havn't grabbed it because the demo was pretty incomplete, but I think I might now, just to take it off their hands.

  • doodle !

    • Erratic
    • February 24, 2006 at 1:25 AM

    koko5ovar needs his own adventure game for all this stuff. Someone make him one.

  • What Games are you playing?

    • Erratic
    • February 20, 2006 at 2:38 AM

    Warcraft 3 TFT (Back into again, ugh)

    Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks Ko-op

  • The root of all evil: the human being itself?

    • Erratic
    • February 11, 2006 at 9:42 PM

    Pfft, thought isn't real.

  • Multi touch sensitive screen research

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2006 at 4:52 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Command & Conquer, anyone?

    I'd rather solve crimes before they happen with it.

  • Multi touch sensitive screen research

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2006 at 3:32 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Looks pretty cool for a little toy, But I'm sure someone can make up some UI for it that would be really slick

    Do you really need a user interface though with a system like that? To me, this sort of seems to be drifting away from UI's and towards more intuitive functions with your body rather than a 'tool -> button -> result' sort of thing. I'd imagine there would be some simple interface for more advanced programs, but I think most of the functions would be performed based on things like the speed, pressure, direction, motion etc. of your fingers.

    But I dunno really

    One of the coolest things I've seen in awhile, anyway. The track in the video is pretty cool, I've heard it on 'The Animatrix' dvd menu.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • February 7, 2006 at 8:08 AM

    That looks awesome ferret. Looks pretty tight so far. Should be really cool to see where it goes.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • February 3, 2006 at 1:20 AM

    I think it's great that people are still working with the older engines, showing that you can still pull off some interesting things with them.

    Looks really cool Quakis.

  • Steam Friends is back!

    • Erratic
    • February 1, 2006 at 6:06 AM

    [email protected]

  • Why does metal suck?

    • Erratic
    • January 30, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Do I have to resurrect 'The Metal Thread' again?

    That thread sort of gave me a headache

    I just never understood the reasoning behind categorizing and subdividing bands of a genre. I don't know where it leads. If a band evolves from one style to another where do you stick them? Another category? This sort of thing always seemed pretty pointless to me.

  • Crysis - Crytek's new game

    • Erratic
    • January 23, 2006 at 10:13 PM

    Can't wait. This part especially has me interested:

    "It seems to say there aren't bosses in the game, but some enemies are so huge that you actually have to climb them to defeat them"

    And I just sat down from beating Shadow of the Colossus. Though 2006 does seem a bit early for this kind of tech, as Izuno said...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™