1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Multi touch sensitive screen research

  • FrieChamp
  • February 9, 2006 at 9:12 AM
  • FrieChamp
    • February 9, 2006 at 9:12 AM
    • #1
    Quote

    While touch sensing is commonplace for single points of contact, multi-touch sensing enables a user to interact with a system with more than one finger at a time, as in chording and bi-manual operations. Such sensing devices are inherently also able to accommodate multiple users simultaneously, which is especially useful for larger interaction scenarios such as interactive walls and tabletops.

    http://mrl.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirtouch/

    I want mine now!

  • Mazy
    • February 9, 2006 at 9:39 AM
    • #2

    nice ~

  • JynxDaddy
    • February 10, 2006 at 2:09 AM
    • #3

    Looks pretty cool for a little toy, But I'm sure someone can make up some UI for it that would be really slick

  • Erratic
    • February 10, 2006 at 3:32 AM
    • #4
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Looks pretty cool for a little toy, But I'm sure someone can make up some UI for it that would be really slick

    Do you really need a user interface though with a system like that? To me, this sort of seems to be drifting away from UI's and towards more intuitive functions with your body rather than a 'tool -> button -> result' sort of thing. I'd imagine there would be some simple interface for more advanced programs, but I think most of the functions would be performed based on things like the speed, pressure, direction, motion etc. of your fingers.

    But I dunno really

    One of the coolest things I've seen in awhile, anyway. The track in the video is pretty cool, I've heard it on 'The Animatrix' dvd menu.

  • JynxDaddy
    • February 10, 2006 at 4:46 AM
    • #5

    I didn't mean a windows standard UI, more like what you described, that's a user interface too.

    The photo manipulation thingy was interesting, I wonder how hard it would be to add features from photoshop to it, but keeping the fluid feel of the program.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • February 10, 2006 at 4:49 AM
    • #6

    Command & Conquer, anyone?

  • Erratic
    • February 10, 2006 at 4:52 AM
    • #7
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Command & Conquer, anyone?

    I'd rather solve crimes before they happen with it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™