1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • 2006 Game of the Year

    • Erratic
    • December 22, 2006 at 3:46 AM

    I'd say Gears but I havn't played Zelda yet...

  • Face expressions

    • Erratic
    • December 18, 2006 at 10:18 PM
    Quote from Cybbe

    Dreamfall and Oblivion do a pretty good job too.

    I found Oblivion had some pretty lifeless characters. The animations killed a lot of the immersion in that game.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • December 17, 2006 at 5:30 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Company of heroes ends? I got halfway through the campaign when I found out about the multiplayer and I've stuck with that part of it since

    Same, though I partially blame the hill mission as well.

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • Erratic
    • December 17, 2006 at 4:19 AM
    Quote from Zacker

    If you complain about the fps in this map, then you so much haven't understood what the map is about. Each map has it's own purpose, high fps is not the purpose of this map.

    I understand game engines have become sort of the new scene rendering tool but I always thought part of the process was striking a balance between the visuals and gameplay/performance, making compromises when needed and using any trick available to achieve your desired results. That's sort of part of the fun too...

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • Erratic
    • December 15, 2006 at 7:48 AM

    I admire the overall hard work that obviously went into the map but in the end I think it's a little disconnected, like it can't decide what it wants to be. Or at least, I'm confused at what it should be

    But again, the individual pieces are all very well done, I just think it could have used a more focused direction.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • December 4, 2006 at 7:11 AM

    Just finished beating Gears a few days ago and now working my way through the co-op on Insane.

    Also chipping away at GRAW as well...

  • Scott Miller: Steam should not be a part of valve

    • Erratic
    • November 30, 2006 at 10:03 PM
    Quote from Furyo

    and 10 years to release a game like Prey is a pure joke.

    To be fair though, it was dead for about half that if I remember right.

  • Scott Miller: Steam should not be a part of valve

    • Erratic
    • November 30, 2006 at 1:45 AM

    What's funny about this is Prey is available through Steam as of tomorrow.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • November 27, 2006 at 7:16 AM

    I was going for some sort of ship panel design...

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/spacething01.jpg]

    diffuse

    spec

    bump

    :-|

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • November 21, 2006 at 11:49 PM

    Looks great, but I think more contrast between the ground and the rocks would help because right now everything sort of blends together, making it hard to distinguish the two. And, it is a bit dark.

  • warby presents: de_wanda 100% custom map for cs-source

    • Erratic
    • November 19, 2006 at 5:08 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i still havent figured out how to use that tone mapper entity its all default values the way its described in the wiki plain simply doesnt do anything the sun needs to be this intense because less intense sun = less gi = sucks

    but i could totally deal with much less intense bloom if i just knew how

    So I'm not the only one losing their mind over this?

  • Rock 24 - Single Player Half Life 2 Mod

    • Erratic
    • November 18, 2006 at 6:27 PM
    Quote from generalvivi

    dling now ^^

  • Insurgnecy Mod, New Screens/Interview

    • Erratic
    • November 15, 2006 at 11:36 PM

    Hey all. Lots of new stuff to show from the mod, so thought I'd throw some of it this way...

    First off is an interview if you want to get up to speed but I think the screens are the main thing.

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_01a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_02a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_03a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_04a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_05a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_06a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_07a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_08a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_09a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://ftp.insmod.net/screenshots/official_10a.jpg]

    http://%7boption%7d

  • cat's map screenshots

    • Erratic
    • November 12, 2006 at 3:40 AM

    Middle left image looks great, but get some bigger shots. Hard to make out finer details

  • Source HDR Woes

    • Erratic
    • November 11, 2006 at 3:34 AM

    Alright, so my current map I'm working on uses HDR. It compiles and runs fine in game but the thing is the variables I set in my env_tonemap_controller just arn't sticking. When the map is loaded up it appears to take the default values for the max/min autoexposure and bloomscale.

    It's not a complicated thing, it's just two entities (AFAIK), consisting of a logic auto outputting the settings and the env_tonemap accepting them OnMapSpawn. From what I can see I'm not doing anything different from sdk example hdr map...

    Anyone encounter something like this before or know of what I might be missing here?

  • New bi-monthly GameMod magazine needs contributors

    • Erratic
    • November 5, 2006 at 8:00 PM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    But even if it doesn't end up going to print, just look at the Escapist...it's basically a magazine except online and no one really cares about how often they update or whatever because it's actually a quality read.

    Yeah, but the escapist is a different situation. That's just articles about the industry. With modding it's a huge learning process and I'm just not sure if a monthly magazine is the best route to go about handeling this type of information. Personally, I like having as many tutorials and articles and information readily available to me as I can, something along the lines of a Wiki-type site handels this the best, or a forum.

    It's just the type of content being delivered to the user isn't the sort I'd want to wait around for months to get.

  • New bi-monthly GameMod magazine needs contributors

    • Erratic
    • November 5, 2006 at 2:32 AM
    Quote from Polaris

    Is it going to be one of those pdf type zines?

    Or possibly more frequent updates :roll:

    If it's bimonthly I don't see how.

  • New bi-monthly GameMod magazine needs contributors

    • Erratic
    • November 5, 2006 at 1:40 AM
    Quote from Squirrelly

    And we've always considered you an asshole, Fletch. Anyway, I really hope you guys get the ball rolling with that project. It seems like it'd be rather interesting!

    Hard to disagree though...Sort of takes on the concept of a website with just, less frequent updates doesn't it?

  • New S.T.A.L.K.E.R screens! :D

    • Erratic
    • October 28, 2006 at 12:55 AM

    Yeah, I still think it's looking good but they better get this out the door soon. Hope the latest release date doesn't slip.

  • 3DS Max Quick Normal Map Tutorial

    • Erratic
    • October 23, 2006 at 1:49 AM
    Quote from KIIIA

    Nice tutorial!But i have another question concerning the rendering:

    Is it possible to perfectly fit the render to the size of the plane you project on, so that without croping, scaling etc. in PS you can directly open the perfectly tileable normalmap without black borders (or whatever the color of your background may be)?

    3DS does that automatically if I follow you correctly.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™