1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dejavo

Posts by Dejavo

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • December 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM

    Just finished a one week school assignment: Weapon of choice, 1024*1024 textures max 3000 tris. Went as follows. Sry for bloated presentation and logos and shizzles.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/1kMD4.jpg]Oh btw, I could use some crits on my edge flow. I tried to look at 3Dnjs shotgun wireframe to get an idea of where to put them edges. But there's probably room for optimization.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Dejavo
    • December 4, 2012 at 6:42 PM

    Looks like good practice, but I think your textures are to noisy both in details and the overall cloudiness mentioned above. Also there seems to be light information baked in to the bevels which you would probably want in your normals instead.

  • CSGO Bomb and Hostage Villa map

    • Dejavo
    • November 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM

    Yeah, really enjoyed the dump. Looks like the interiors could use some work to be on par with the outside part right now.

  • Designed for Danger - Portal 2 Campaign

    • Dejavo
    • October 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM

    Congrats!11 All that iteration paid off.

  • Mission Improbable WIP thread

    • Dejavo
    • August 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

    The thought of playing this gave me a bit of stomach ache. I played 1+2 before. And I'm so full of the hl2-gameplay + universe by now that the thought of it was like eating 2 plates full of pasta and forcing down another one. Maybe this explains why the mod doesn't seem to get the buzz it deserves.

    Anyways, first scene is so pretty. Well made. The visual bar is very much raised here and maintained throughout the mod. But the nice intro was stained by very aggressive and out of place water-sounds. Like SPLOSSHOSSSHOSOHh. Doesn't make much sense for a small boat moving in calm water. Nitpicking you say. I say not.

    I really liked the transition level. The egg-things and change of atmosphere just had my looking around while thinking for a while. Nice change of pace. And when things picked up, it was well done and it felt as if I just made it out of there alive.

    The rest up to part 3 is probably the mods weakest point. Though I did enjoy mr wheelchair. A much needed addition among the all to familiar rebel-characters.

    Part 3 is excellent. Love the way you guys added your own touch to combine architecture. The plant life is especially cool without ever looking out of place. Pacing is excellent. It's alot of action in a compressed format but it works really well. The change of envoirenemt in the end is introduced just at the right time.

    All in all I enjoyed the remade 1+2+3 format immensly more than the vanilla 1+2. They all go well together and the variation is great. I almost forgot I was playing a hl2-mod at times which is my way of saying that I enjoyed this.

  • The random model thread!

    • Dejavo
    • July 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

    I'm no expert in modeling but that looks insanely awesome to my eyes. Love the amount of details and there is a lot of character.

  • The Way Through - A side project

    • Dejavo
    • July 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

    Writing is not supposed to be comfortable. I kinda like the idea of improvisation. We'll see.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • July 15, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    in the vmt you have two options:

    to use full 8bit alpha, taking advantage of gradients in the alpha channel (ie: all ranges from 0% to 100% opacity), then use:

    "$translucent" "1"

    the downsides are sorting issues, so not too good for trees and bushes/grass where you have a lot of alpha planes close to each other.

    to use 1 bit alpha, where the alpha is either ON or OFF, then use:

    "$alphatest" "1"

    you can tweak the amount of alpha that gets "clipped" by using this:

    "$AlphaTestReference" "0.5" (try different values)

    you'll also probably want this to make the texture two-sided:

    "$nocull" "1"

    Display More

    Thanks. I've really put in some serious googling to find techniques for this but never stumbled upon alphatestreference. Will try that out.

    Puddz: Glad to hear

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • July 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    fucking DUDE, that is pretty sweet. your own assets?

    Thanks! Yes mine all mine. All them textures and models except the skybox that is.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • July 14, 2012 at 7:01 PM

    Posted a wip of this some 10 pages back. Gave it some more work and then sent in this wip applying for a game dev school's art program.

    Skyboxes stolen from tf2.

    http://i.imgur.com/duySv.jpg?1

    http://i.imgur.com/N2Klp.jpg?1

    If anyone has tips on how to use alpha transparency for foliage in source it would be kool.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • May 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    Quote from penE

    Mclogenog: Thanks man, you made some good points there. The buildings in the background probably look that flat because they are . Atm they are just a bunch of planes that are intersecting to make it look 3dish, but I'll work on that ..

    If they are 2d they make a really awesome backdrop/3d skybox.

    Puddy: Looking forward to test the none all bright-version ^^

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • April 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

    AtsEst: Amazing what envoirenemt effects that engine allows for. Beautifully done.

    I'm working on a scene based on a place in a Ghibli-film. Practicing texturing and modeling as last time. Dunno if it is ready for this thread but here goes:

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/8Qdrg.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/bn0fs.jpg]

    Began blocking out some background environments.

    My first and last foliage-heavy scene I will use source for. Every inch of progress is a fight ^^.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • March 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

    Warby: Thanks. I'm kinda attached to it but yes you're right. I'll remove it.

    Mclogenog: It's the source ep2-engine.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Dejavo
    • March 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM

    Insta: Wow. Even with dev-textures it stands out with the composition and great sense of space.

    I began making a scene based on a deviantart piece, just for texture practice and eventually to learn modelling.

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/AmSyV.jpg]

    It's not on par with what many of you produce but why not ask for input from skilled people.

    The amazing deviant art piece is: http://fox-orian.deviantart.com/#/d31xs3i .

  • NIGHTWATCH DM: Voting!

    • Dejavo
    • July 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM

    I'm voting Sector 2 since it schwas my favourite gameplay wise.

    Really enjoyed the game. Ingame I was Killerator.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™