1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • [WIP] Presidio

    • Zacker
    • May 7, 2006 at 1:49 PM

    So it is actually possible to make ok looking terrain with the hammer displacement editor? Who should have believed that...

  • Post Your Desktop 2006~~~

    • Zacker
    • May 7, 2006 at 10:37 AM

    Pure black background ftw:

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/1/desktop.png]

  • PhysX card to be released soon. What's your take?

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2006 at 4:39 PM

    I don't see much reason to spend a lot of money on something which most games are designed to run without.

  • E3 2006: Hands down, who's going?

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 8:04 AM

    Of course I mapped for SC:) The level editor was quite easy to use.

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 7:53 AM

    Sure you can, it has been uploaded now - same url.

    The highscore issue that it doesn't read/write from the same place in the file even though I do a I seek(1,0). It should overwrite the existing scores, not add the end of the file.

    In case anyone else want to check out the source, then you can grab it here:

    http://www.thefuture.dk/skole/Programme ... kt_src.zip

    Edit:

    Final beta version up. The game is now feature complete and I do not know of any bugs in it. Only thing missing is the localization code which Wacko will help with. Please test it extensively for bugs and balance problems.

    What annoys me the most atm is that I have had to cut everyones favorite feature:/ There are so many new things which I would like to add and which would not require any tough coding. I just don't have the time anymore, damn deadline...

  • Open season for level design positions?

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 7:48 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    For those who haven't had a chance to check it out: Here is a presentation I did for ferret's school on the subject of becoming a game artist. Most of the points can be transferred directly over to design positions.

    http://kleinluka.morphew.de/scad/scad%2 ... tation.pps

    Thankls Klein, it was for sure interesting to read through:)

  • Editors

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 7:35 AM

    Ahh yes slightly offtopic but Jazz Jackrabbit was indeed the shit in splitscreen mode:D

  • HL2: Episode 1

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 7:34 AM

    I am not planning to buy this. HL2 dissapointed me big time and so far they have shown _nothing_ from Episode 1 which have impressed me.

  • What does the industry expect of level designers?

    • Zacker
    • May 3, 2006 at 7:29 AM

    I also had a topic here about what I should do to get a position as level designer. People brought up a lot of good points, but I can't find the thread anymore:/

  • Open season for level design positions?

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2006 at 9:10 PM
    Quote from cdxx

    Also as a follow up, I've had a couple mods talk to me about joining their teams. So far I'm reluctant to say yes as I'm worried the mod could either fail or just plain suck, waisting valuable time and efforts. Would that more detrimental than going solo producing levels on my own or is working with a team more important even if it doens't fully get off the ground.

    Join a mod which has already proven that they can get their stuff done, that's for sure what I would prefer:)

  • If you could choose a role in a gamedev. team...

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2006 at 9:06 PM

    I voted Level Design Lead, but this is a really hard question for me to answer as there are so many things in game design which I like. So far I have had a lot of fun both as level designer, lead level designer and project leader. I also got fun when I help out with coding or skinning, so that would also be cool if I had enough skills in those areas.

  • My examproject in programming

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2006 at 9:23 PM

    New version up which includes the ability to learn the healing spell which uses energy. Highscore is still bugged though.

  • WoW madness

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2006 at 7:24 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    This is an official "posty VS rd" thread.

    Yet another:D

  • Open season for level design positions?

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2006 at 6:47 PM

    Scary story Defrag! Making it to the 3rd year without knowing about variable scopes...jeez.

  • Open season for level design positions?

    • Zacker
    • April 30, 2006 at 9:36 PM

    So I might have a vauge chance of getting level design job? Scary thought...

  • WMI art-test ww2 berlin (unreal)

    • Zacker
    • April 30, 2006 at 6:16 PM

    Hey Warbeast, it looks pretty good except for the upwards pointing yellow spotlights which obviously should have been way less visible imo.

    But what engine is this running on? I can usually easily say which engine a map is running on, but regarding this one I just can't decide myself.

  • Mapping and Modding Half-Life 2 Complete

    • Zacker
    • April 27, 2006 at 6:11 PM

    Haha Waldo is writing a book? Last thing I read from his hand was a post on the dod forums where he claimed to have developed a new unique system where a player could chose where a mortar should hit in DoD. Functionality was not even close to what you can archieve with momentory_rot_button(as they did in the original HL) and yet it was 10 times more complicated to create. Basically his system was utter worthless...

  • my kitchen in 3D [WIP]

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2006 at 8:46 PM

    That is one realistic looking scene! Quite impressing render setup you got there. Only thing I could spot is that there is a little too much specular on your metal wash.

  • WoW madness

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2006 at 7:37 PM

    Not exactly a bunch of carebears:D

  • Half-Life props

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2006 at 4:55 PM
    Quote from mawibse

    Don't be silly, if you can map you can model, your just chicken to learn a proper 3D program.

    I have tried a bunch of modelling programs but never found anyone which were nearly as effective as Hammer.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™