1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • Acteon - finished - the movie

    • Lee3dee
    • April 8, 2005 at 5:01 PM

    I agree with X-factor, the art was really good!. and some of the stories were unusual, my favorite environment is definately the Carousel! Thats really a work of art!, would look great on your demo reel!

  • Worst game idea EVER!!

    • Lee3dee
    • April 8, 2005 at 12:11 AM

    Nightfire was better than "world is not enough" . It had me playing it for a few days

    a sequel to the most hyped game "Daikatana"

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 8:58 PM

    some very good point, ginsengavenger thx for the suggestions. Yeah, texturing isn't my strongest point. I wanted the dragon to look like the Hydra's in God of War, because those have some awesome texturing!

    I'll add some more detail, once the texture is finished I don't plan on animating him, just a piece in a environement.

    ReNo: trying not to do cartoony , was going for a fire dragon, who would live in a volcano.

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 8:47 PM

    hehe thx

    texturing the wing, thought id get some feedback on it. Texturing is my an area i need to get better at.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/Dragon/texture_wing01.jpg]

  • Dragon Character - wip

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 7:56 PM

    Current project . Model was completed in about a week and 2 days. Trying to rebuild my portfolio, got average reviews at GDC this year, I have too little organic models. Working on texture at the moment.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/redux/Dragon/dragon_wing01.jpg]

  • Console texture maps

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 6:24 PM

    cool thx guys. I started with 1024 actually, but since im early in texturing, i could always stop and goto 512 someone was like "No wait!" ahahaha

  • Gearbox Software looking for a few good COGs

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 6:12 PM

    I going to apply, but at the moment, i feel that my art isn't strong enough. But, i'll apply anyways, be just like the NY lottery, "Hey you never know"

  • Console texture maps

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 5:44 PM

    for an art test i did last year, I started with the base texture at 1024x1024 but the final had to be 256x256, and I got alot of pixels. I think i should of started at 512, so there was less of a push of data per pixel.

    Thought id ask, before I start texturing again :roll:

  • Console texture maps

    • Lee3dee
    • April 7, 2005 at 5:08 PM

    I'm working on a model for my reel, and I wanted to know is the norm for ps2 and xbox for textures is it 512x512, or can they goto 1024x1024? And what do you think the xbox2 and ps3 will be able to handle texture size?

    When texturing for 512x512 is it better to goto 1024x1024 and then scale down?

    Thx

    Lee

    ps. when did mapcore return, because I could never connect to it ;( for the longest time.

  • dm_platform

    • Lee3dee
    • January 28, 2005 at 6:10 AM

    looks really cool. Your space background is awesome, inspired me to do something like that on my level

  • UT2 DM-Redkin

    • Lee3dee
    • January 28, 2005 at 5:17 AM

    I looked on facing worlds and a few other space maps, and yeah they do have a huge zone portal in the middle of the map, I guess thats a no-no for future reference. Oh, and all my imported textures are dds, the file size difference is huge

  • UT2 DM-Redkin

    • Lee3dee
    • January 27, 2005 at 4:07 AM

    I had a question for u Hourences

    Your level contains alot of static meshes. Kinda like my space level, it will also feature alot. Whats the best way to optimize you level when you have so many meshes? So that the players don't loose any fps. Portals? Does the engine prefer meshes over brushes? Just wanted to get some advice on this, based on your experience making levels for the game

  • ART OF WAR

    • Lee3dee
    • January 27, 2005 at 4:02 AM

    the title says "art of war", so I would think of broken walls, walls with big holes, dead bodies on the ground, generally an level filled with destruction. With the current progress, everything is clean. If you level is going to be about "war" then you need to dirty it up abit

  • painkiller

    • Lee3dee
    • January 27, 2005 at 3:58 AM

    I think its an awesome game , played the demo alot. Then I bought it . I just wish there were tutorials for making maps, because the editor is confusing as hell!

  • [Open source] 90% finished FarCry SP mission

    • Lee3dee
    • January 26, 2005 at 4:37 PM

    looks awesome! the Farcry engine blew me away and it seemed the editor is made for artists

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 26, 2005 at 4:30 PM

    Skjalg: thanks . lighting is still WIP . But also remeber that there are other locations next to it, so the lighting will get brighter.

    Sven_E: I loved Hitchhikers guide . Not sure on the new movie, hope they don't screw up the classic

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 26, 2005 at 8:26 AM

    walkways redux

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_13.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_14.jpg]

    testing the bot pathing and weapon placement, then I'll make a video showing the gameplay.

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 25, 2005 at 4:45 PM

    actually, i was playtesting it some more with a friend before I went to bed, and we agreed that the platforms were boring and didn't fit the style I had created. So, i'll be making different ones tonight. Your comments are dead on

  • DM - Untitled Space level

    • Lee3dee
    • January 25, 2005 at 5:26 AM

    small update, been working on the platforms surrounding the asteroid. After building it, noticed that the platforms were a little big, but are able to fit 2 characters.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/ut2004/space/rachel_11.jpg]

    The ships were created by Epic for Assault, eventually I will add my own to fit the style. They are just to show where the placement will be. Also, I need to add some lights around the rocket. Another update tomorow

  • UT2 DM-Redkin

    • Lee3dee
    • January 25, 2005 at 4:51 AM

    I really like the look of the first image . but with only 2 screenshots, I want to see more please

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™