1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. DelaZ

Posts by DelaZ

  • TEH FIRST MAP THREAD !!1 :D~~ - post yours too ;)

    • DelaZ
    • December 12, 2004 at 9:24 PM

    http://www.stats.jolt.co.uk/index.php?p ... e_dust2on2

    my first map

  • dm_rebar

    • DelaZ
    • December 12, 2004 at 3:17 PM

    Looks cool but reminds me of vertigo. I bet the HL2 engine can do alot more than this

  • Mapcore should pwn the Valve Map contest

    • DelaZ
    • December 1, 2004 at 1:54 PM

    I'm in lol

  • what will be the surprise

    • DelaZ
    • December 1, 2004 at 3:39 AM

    Double post!

  • what will be the surprise

    • DelaZ
    • November 30, 2004 at 6:22 PM

    High poly bump mapped specular chickens in cs_italy

  • Bloodlines out = portfolio up

    • DelaZ
    • November 24, 2004 at 1:13 AM

    Amazing stuff

  • Half-Life 2

    • DelaZ
    • November 16, 2004 at 2:14 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    technial issues galore...first teh specs here at home:

    Athon 64 3400+

    nvidia 6800ultra

    1 gig ram

    WinXP SP1

    updated drivers

    The game plays...then it freezes, the audio skips...and then it unfreezes...then freezes again...then unfreezes...i got as far as where Barney reveals himself like 2 minutes into the game...but it's unplayable

    Anyone else having this issues? I'll try it at my office machine tomorrow and report back in.

    thanks

    Display More

    I had the same.. after a few maps it gets better and dissapears. I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 12, 2004 at 7:18 PM
    Quote from Tequila

    How do I tell VTEX where my .tgas are to be converted? They're currently in C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materialsrc and apparently I should tell it this using the '-game' tag, but that just utterly fails.

    Quote from DelaZ

    Noobie video tuts :How to create vtf & vmt files (textures) :

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/texture_creation.rar

    :roll:

    Put them in :

    C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\steam@account\sourcesdk\cstrike\materialsrc

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 11, 2004 at 10:41 PM

    Other question for Zaph

    When you put sv_cheats and type impulse 107, the name of texture infront of you will show up in the console. So I did that with the shiny tile floor from de_dust and it gave a strange number after the texture name

    Code
    ] impulse 107
    
    
    
    
    Texture: maps/de_dust/de_dust/tilefloor02_640_1232_72
    
    
    
    
    ] impulse 107
    
    
    
    
    Texture: maps/de_dust/de_dust/tilefloor02_0_1376_72
    
    
    
    
    ] impulse 107
    
    
    
    
    Texture: maps/de_dust/de_dust/tilefloor02_0_1648_72
    Display More

    I'm trying to get some specular looking textures ingame... I have lots of troubles.. but what the hell are those numbers?

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 11, 2004 at 9:41 PM

    I huh well "discovered" something else...

    When you have a look at the cobble vmf you notice that each window model has a hole behind it. If you have a lot of windows this takes a bit of your compiling time cause it has to create an extra vis with each window.

    [Blocked Image: http://adamowen.com/assets/tuts/nodraw07.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://adamowen.com/assets/tuts/nodraw08.jpg]

    So what i did is this... I just removed the hole and replaced by a nodraw textured brush. There was no hole but the lighting from the model was fucked up.

    [Blocked Image: http://users.pandora.be/desert/delaz/light.jpg]

    So I added a info_lighting entity to the model. And the problem was fixed. If you can use that same info_lighting for almost every window it saves some precious compile time... and it doesnt have that hole.

    [Blocked Image: http://users.pandora.be/desert/delaz/1_entity_+_no_holes.jpg]

    So we can use the same info_lighting for all the models, where we normally have a hole for each model.

    So 1 entity and no holes D:!

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 11, 2004 at 7:06 PM
    Quote from Kamikazi!

    ok my normal is not embedding into the k5_wall03, is it supposed to be seperate vtf?

    lol offcourse... you need this :

    kami (folder) :

    - k5_wall03.vtf

    - k5_wall03.vmt

    - k5_wall03_normal.vtf

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 11, 2004 at 6:20 PM

    Try this :

    Quote

    "LightmappedGeneric"{

    "$basetexture" "kami/k5_wall03"

    "$bumpmap" "kami/k5_wall03_normal"

    }

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 9, 2004 at 5:49 PM

    Noobie video tuts :

    How to create vtf & vmt files (textures) :

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/texture_creation.rar

    How to create displacement maps in Hammer (part 1):

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/dis...ment_vidtut.rar

    How to create displacement maps in Hammer (part 2) :

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/dis...nt_vidtut_2.rar

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 9, 2004 at 2:51 PM
    Quote from DD

    How did you export that tank to SMD? Is there a secret max -> hl2 smd exporter going around? GIVE ME if so, plz.

    Max SMD exporter for Ver 6

    http://www.w00th4x0r.com/smd/smdlexp.dle

    And here is a video tutorial I made how to import a custom model in Hammer (which doesn't work the normal way strangely enough, probably a bug)

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/t72_vidtut.rar

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 8, 2004 at 6:12 PM

    Hey sorry for all the trouble dude...

    Anyway thanks, I finally fixed it

    I just removed translucent from the vmt and replaced it by alphatest

    Quote

    "VertexLitGeneric"{

    "$model" "1"

    "$basetexture" "models/insurgency/t72_burn"

    "$surfaceprop" "metal"

    "$alphatest" "1"

    }

    Display More

    [Blocked Image: http://users.pandora.be/desert/delaz/ins_t72_2.jpg]

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 8, 2004 at 12:04 PM
    Quote from Zaphod

    add "$translucent" "1"if you want it to be one bit transparency, also add

    "$alphatest" "1"

    also, that transparency channel has to be in the alpha channel of the regular texture if it isn't already.

    Thanks man.. but now the whole tank is translucent

    [Blocked Image: http://users.pandora.be/desert/delaz/t72_trans.jpg]

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 8, 2004 at 3:22 AM

    Hey Zaph...

    I'm trying to get a model ingame. It worked perfectly so far but I can't get the transparent parts look transparent. I made an alpha channel in Photoshop.

    Here is how my vmt file looks like :

    Quote

    "VertexLitGeneric"{

    "$model" "1"

    "$basetexture" "models/insurgency/t72_burn"

    "$surfaceprop" "metal"

    }

    How it looks in Hammer :

    [Blocked Image: http://users.pandora.be/desert/delaz/prob.jpg]

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 7, 2004 at 2:44 AM

    I made a little vid tut how to create texture files (vtf and vmt)

    http://www.insmod.net/team/delaz/files/ ... eation.rar

  • ITT, ASK OL SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 6, 2004 at 3:13 PM

    Dear OL, how do I ask a boy if he wants to have a sexual relation with me?

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • DelaZ
    • November 6, 2004 at 4:23 AM
    Quote from Zaphod

    r_speeds 2

    make a shorcut with -console and -dev

    doesnt work :/

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™