11 years in now and still love it. Except lawsuits, lol.
Posts by CompoSITe
-
-
Good feedback. All valid stuff.
Check out our new update. Some of your issues are addressed in it.
-
-
External Content youtu.beContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
Here is a highlight of a live stream we did and answered questions.
I know, we're weird.
-
You can post feedback here and I'll pass it on or you can post on our forums at respawn.com
-
Its open on xbone and should be open on pc soon I guess.
-
Lol, after shipping 4 cod games you develop a think skin. I think it's better to listen and take in the feedback rather then defend the game. If people have fun with it then great. If not, there a bunch of other video games to choose from.
To answer earlier questions I designed Angel City.
The burn cards are interesting because they only last one life you can get away with making something a bit OP. Puddy, was that 30 pilots?
Anyway, thanks for giving the game a try.
-
Glad people are giving it a try. Its great to get feedback, good or bad.
If anyone is having problems getting a code, PM me and Ill see what I can do. It might be a slower reply because of the weekend.
-
Well hopefully you get a chance to play the game at some point Shawn.
-
That wasn't PR.
-
Congrates guys! Great work!
-
They edited a bunch of my answers but I am sure it all had to fit with the main article.
Here is a thread that one of our coders answers some questions about using the Source engine though.
-
That Geoff guy seems full of crap.
-
Here is a vid of the early days.
-
This might be my fav game of E3. Watchdogs and Destiny both looked great but I can see myself and buddies playing the hell out of Division.
-
Jeremy- Thanks ill tell the guys you say hi.
HP - You should have said hi. I am sure I was not in any important conversation.
-
I just found the crazy high res version on our titanfall.com site.
Titanfall.com.
-
Did you get in to see the demo Jeremy?
-
Been playing it off and on for a few days now. Controls seem floaty and weapon damage seems off. Its kind of tough to judge as only Dust and Dust2 are available. Seems like Dust is the only one that comes up though. I can't figure out how to join on a friend, only quickmatch right now. Only a few weapons are available as well.
Dust:
I like the stairway out of the underpass but I was never a big fan of the Dust layout anyways. The new wooden bridge lets T's get across to the snipe perch a little too quickly imo.
Not a fan of the Army looking CT skins. Makes the game feel more like Combat Arms or War Rock.
-
You should really figure out what interests you the most.
Great looking environments
or
Great playing levels
They are too hard to tackle at the same time. I have a ton of coworkers who could only do one well but rarely both. Their weak points in the level usually gets fixed by feedback from other coworkers.
If you pick the great looking environments option ( Environment Artist) you should learn maya and some game editor. Just find a cool picture of one building and build it. From geo to textures to lighting. Then figure out how to export it into an engine. Unity is a pretty robust, free one that might help.
If you are going for level design (the great playing option) you should start breaking down the games you play. Why are they fun? Why did they suck? What is the designer doing to get these responses from you? You will need to build geo for this job at some companies but at others you might just be placing triggers and spawns. This job is the harder of your two options. This industry is full of pretty environments but severely lacking in solid game designs.
The best way is to learn both of these and then learn some scripting, maybe c. However that would take the longest so maybe focus on one area and get great at that. Then if you get in somewhere you can learn the others from the company.
Hope that helps,
G