1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • insta
    • August 2, 2005 at 9:10 AM

    Now that looks like a solid map! Great work!

  • Mods

    • insta
    • August 2, 2005 at 9:08 AM

    When you finally decide that you are decent enough to join a mod, you can wander off to moddb.com and have a look at the countless mods in development. A word of warning, 99.5% of those will never be released to the public. Or internal alpha, for that matter.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • August 1, 2005 at 9:36 PM

    That looks pretty keen, Belgarion. I'm working on something quite similar, but it's far from screenshot worthy so far.

  • Landed Myself a Job!

    • insta
    • August 1, 2005 at 3:12 PM

    Neat, congrats. You're a playtester? Or helping develop the game itself?

  • game art - cartoony hill

    • insta
    • August 1, 2005 at 2:01 PM

    Looks pretty swanky! What's inside the "glass room"?

  • ART CONTEST : CREATE YOUR OWN IPOD AD

    • insta
    • August 1, 2005 at 2:29 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9799/gordon3te.jpg]

  • Pre rendered high resolution shadows

    • insta
    • July 31, 2005 at 5:36 PM
    Quote from mike-0

    I dont understand how it would be a drag on his system if the shadows were built into the textures.

    Well you would fill the texture memory pretty quickly unless you want to repeat the same shadow pattern and angles on each surface.

  • Night - Open window - Bat

    • insta
    • July 29, 2005 at 2:55 PM

    Oh snap, I completely forgot. Welcome to Mapcore

  • Short Story I wrote "Dead Birds Fall Slowly"

    • insta
    • July 29, 2005 at 11:37 AM
    Quote from RD

    btw, u cant increase it in IE

    Ctrl + mousewheel

  • Night - Open window - Bat

    • insta
    • July 29, 2005 at 11:08 AM

    Neat! We found a bat at my grandmothers house several years ago. It makes the most ear-shattering noise when picked up and does not take kindly to cuddling, is what I learned from that experience.

  • TEXTURE STAND OFF : SEWER WALL

    • insta
    • July 28, 2005 at 5:33 PM

    Thanks Daan0

    Probably won't touch this texture anymore, but it was a fun learning experience. I'm focusing my efforts on replicating the Combine metal style as seen in HL2 to skin some models for a singleplayer map. Tricky stuff :E

  • new gfx card

    • insta
    • July 28, 2005 at 1:38 PM
    Quote from Kosmo

    Well, I can say that the MSI GeForce 7800 GTX I just bought for 590€ is GREAT!

    For that price, I would expect blowjobs, pancakes and a steady 200 fps in any game.

  • TEXTURE STAND OFF : SEWER WALL

    • insta
    • July 28, 2005 at 12:08 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    Wow, excellent effort for a first time! My first texture (which is still pretty much my ONLY texture) was just some crappy bog standard metal wall. Did you read any tutorials or anything, or just dive in and play around?

    The latter. Of course, I'm sure the end result would be alot better if I had read a few tutorials first

  • Post your voice!

    • insta
    • July 28, 2005 at 10:25 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    I'll second that :E

  • TEXTURE STAND OFF : SEWER WALL

    • insta
    • July 28, 2005 at 10:23 AM

    Ok after several years of encouraging from Klein, I finally decided to try texturing. This is what I came up with in like....4 hours (whilst struggling to get PS to work with me).

    [Blocked Image: http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/741/sewage2tk.jpg]

    It's a bit too bright, but in-game it looks ok.

    This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so hopefully I'll be able to do my own textures from now on

    I'll certainly keep practicing.

    Edit: Also the pipes/wires near the top are waaaay too low res, but meh.

  • DOOM Teaser

    • insta
    • July 27, 2005 at 1:02 PM
    Quote from Kosmo

    Rats are usually used in laboratory environment to test different bilogical agents, and as that base was a biological R&D, I think it is pretty obvious.

    And the fact that it looked like a white (albino) rat it is just a dead giveaway.

    Ah, right you are.

  • Help Me Find Those Evil Mods

    • insta
    • July 27, 2005 at 10:17 AM

    http://www.adultgamereviews.com/nudeski ... ayne2.html

    Screenshots of the end result (although rather poor, since it's not showing off any gameplay, but the best I could find on one google search)

    http://www.gamershell.com/news/16668.html

    Tutorial on how to activate the "cheat".

  • DOOM Teaser

    • insta
    • July 27, 2005 at 10:02 AM

    Hey hang on a minute, why did that one guy find a rat during the trailer? I mean, who brought the rats to Mars?

  • DOOM Teaser

    • insta
    • July 27, 2005 at 7:52 AM

    I'm glad they follow the setting/"story" of the game. Looks like a pretty straightforward action movie, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it just because it's based on a computer game and I'm a huge smelly nerd

  • Nuff Said

    • insta
    • July 27, 2005 at 6:10 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    GTA HOTCOFFEE PLZ

    Oh. Well. Yes, how about that mod you guys

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™