1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • insta
    • June 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM

    I played through Bioshock2 and had fun! However, I found the plasmids mostly redundant/useless, and went through it with only the fire and electrical plasmids (I only used the fire plasmid to melt ice to get more items/ammo, I guess I could have put fire to some dudes as well but I had ammo which did just that, so why bother)

    Anyway, it was more of the same from BS1 and I got it supercheap, so I enjoyed it

    (Also the big sisters were a bit creepy )

  • THE DOOR CHALLENGE: Results!

    • insta
    • June 8, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    Quote from Gambini

    Did anybody noticed that Insta´s puzzle is a shameless rip-off of Machinarium? I´m sorry for popping up the cherry but seeing the contest was about the cleverest idea about how to open a door and merely copying a script from other game isn´t exactly clever.

    I haven't played machinarium, but that looks alot like what I did for the contest! OMG

  • [Portal 2-SP]Wavelet

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 11:26 PM

    I couldn't finish it Also, I died like 3 times on that jump-pad on the left just as you enter the chamber. Also, when I activated stuff with the laser, I had no idea what I activated, I just heard a sound that meant that something happened. Those light-strips would be very helpful there. Also, it WAS very dark, once I reached a top level (while looking around), the roof sort of caved in and it got brighter, maybe that should happen sooner since it was sort of hard to get an overview of the room. Also, it was a bit busy with no real clear objective, I just stumbled around and didn't really know if I was making progress or not. Oh yeah and the music got to be a bit annoying after spending 15 minutes going in circles. It looked nice though!

  • Metro: Last Light

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 5:17 PM

    How so???

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM

    Maybe he just realized that his job was an airsoft instructor haha.

  • Battlefield 3

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    As a former tank soldier it makes me cringe but damn does it look nice.

    As also a former tank soldier it is just as I remember it.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM
    Quote from dux

    he had a lot of clips

    Actually he had a lot of magazines. Maybe that doesn't matter to a civilian as yourself, but I've clocked alot of hours in counterstrike so with the increased use of semi-automatic and automatic firearms, the detachable box magazine became increasingly common. Soon after the adoption of the M1911 pistol, the term "magazine" was settled on by the military and firearms experts, though the term "clip" is often used in its place (though only for detachable magazines, never fixed). The defining difference between clips and magazines is the presence of a feed mechanism in a magazine, typically a spring loaded follower, which a clip lacks. Use of the term "clip" to refer to detachable magazines is a point of strong disagreement....

  • Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM

    The Houdini splicers (the guys that could teleport) and the mannequins scared me. Then again, I'm a bit of a wimp

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • insta
    • June 7, 2011 at 12:09 PM

    Haha he sure has alot of stuff on his gun.

  • Travel Visas

    • insta
    • June 6, 2011 at 10:04 PM

    Haha yeah that is pretty funny actually

  • The golden age of mapping

    • insta
    • June 6, 2011 at 2:12 AM

    arrogant pedestal

  • Sven Monhof - Level Designer & Environment Artist

    • insta
    • May 31, 2011 at 6:40 PM

    The portfolio layout itself looks just dandy, there's just not a lot of content.

  • The problem of crunch time in game development

    • insta
    • May 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM

    I think you are talking about two different things. Skjalg, I think you mean bug as in "the font color is wrong" and vilham means "holy god everything is crashing, I am useless". If the former version pops up, ignore it until the 0 day patch. If the latter occurs, give the programmer sensual backrubs until he fixes it.

  • Battlefield 3

    • insta
    • May 30, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    Quote

    ":1w8ruybp]

    Aye, we also have that but sometimes it's not a matter of having the tech or not, it's how you use it well.

    Thanks, good to know!

  • D3ads Portfolio

    • insta
    • May 29, 2011 at 3:21 AM

    Why is there no mass graves I'm very sorry to say, I give this portfolio 2/10, but if you add mass graves and crimes against humanity I will easily bump it up to at least a 6 xD

  • The problem of crunch time in game development

    • insta
    • May 29, 2011 at 3:12 AM
    Quote from Serenius

    Maybe it's a corporate America thing, but any positions that aren't customer service or bottom-tier entry level positions require more than 40 hours a week. Just going up one rung in the ladder from where I am ups the amount of time spent working from 40 hours to 60-80 hours. The guys at the top are pretty much always in work mode unless they're on vacation. With that in mind, I'd happily work crunch any time it was asked for if it meant making games instead of something far less gratifying.

    Move to sweden! xD

    Also, what about jerking off or even inserting smal small pelles into your urthera= thats more satisfyruing that crncH 0but seriousluy tho i dont mind if if im into iot (i mean the crunch ;:PP)

    /////end of thread

  • The golden age of mapping

    • insta
    • May 25, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    No Day of Defeat maps? That's racist!!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • May 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM

    Awesome vivi!! Congrats!

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • insta
    • May 24, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Well they at least got the British Police Cars right...

    In what Call of Duty didn't they get the British Police Cars right? They've always seemed accurate to me, and I consider myself to be a bit of a British Police Cars enthusiast.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • insta
    • May 24, 2011 at 1:35 PM

    I hope it will be action packed!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™