1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • terror hits norway in 2 places

    • insta
    • July 24, 2011 at 6:18 PM

    It's completely messed up, but I like the statements of some of the survivors from the island massacre, that actions by cowards like this shouldn't dictate how our society will be in the future. Seemingly someone from my fathers side of the family got killed in the explosion, I haven't heard from all my friends in Oslo yet, but it's a relatively small city, so I'm sure this affects many people throughout Norway

  • Whoopservatory - HL2 EP2 singleplayer

    • insta
    • July 21, 2011 at 12:31 AM

    Whoopservatory for Half-Life 2:Episode 2

    Setup:

    Dr.Magnusson has been conducting a personal project in an old observatory.

    After an unfortunate outbreak of Zombie-itis the lab had to be quickly evacuated.

    You must go in and wreck up the place before it falls into the wrong hands!!

    about:

    This is a map I mainly made to showcase the player cloning gameplay mechanic.

    The idea is that you record your actions, then a clone repeats these actions which helps you navigate through rooms. Of course, there's still some combat involved to keep things interesting

    I wrote some stuff about the scripting here, in case you want to see how it's done.

    Screenshots:

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/whoops/whoops_relscr.jpg]

    Download:

    Right here!

  • hey guyz sentura has a bday!!

    • insta
    • July 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM

    happy birthday!!!!

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • insta
    • July 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/wip/mapcorelogo.jpg]

    Someone with the skills to pay the bills can make a proper version!!!

  • Portland/Eugene/Seattle

    • insta
    • July 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM

    What do you want to work as? Your portfolio is very "jack of all trades".

    Also, are you moving there without any leads on a position, but intend to find work once you've relocated? Most people get the job first, then do the whole relocation thing.

  • NIGHTWATCH DM: Voting!

    • insta
    • July 7, 2011 at 9:00 PM

    Awesome maps!! Really fun playing some HLDM again

  • NIGHTWATCH DM: Voting!

    • insta
    • July 5, 2011 at 5:53 PM

    Congrats to all entrants, awesome work! Also special congrats to zyndrome, who made a level!

  • new forum stuff

    • insta
    • July 5, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    I'd love to donate some monies for the core as well. These forums bring so much joy to the world that it's the only sane thing to do!~

    What he said!

  • L.A. Noire

    • insta
    • July 5, 2011 at 3:39 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    people here are probably gonna hate me for it, but i hope the team bondi studio closes; if only to teach mcnamara a lesson about management. i think what the article said about rockstar saving the game sounds about right, and i'd rather have the people who worked at team bondi transferred to rockstar than i want mcnamara to continue bad habits.

    I find it to be a bit of a prisoners dilemma type of situation actually. I'd rather see mcnamamara run over by a bulldozer so that the staff can keep their jobs and not be forced to relocate with their families.

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • July 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM

    Radiator remake in Cryengine??

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • June 28, 2011 at 10:37 AM

    The Crysis universe isn't very wheelchair friendly

  • Learning Hammer

    • insta
    • June 27, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    Quote from Serenius

    Also, is there a way to set up brushes that only block physics objects/debris? I know there's the player clip brush, but I have a few spots where a cable ragdoll is getting snagged that I need to address.

    Func_clip_vphysics does that. You might want to give it a filter to sort by as well, otherwise it will block handgrenades and other physics objects as well.

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • June 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM

    It popped up and said it was a sale and if I wanted to buy it. I saved a lot of money!!

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • June 27, 2011 at 2:16 PM

    I bought that Quantum of Solace (James Bond) for cheap on Steam. Ugh

  • Looking for some good design blogs

    • insta
    • June 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    Quote from Campaignjunkie

    I don't know if it's "good" but don't blame me for a bit of self-promotion:http://www.blog.radiator.debacle.us

    I read your blog I wish I could form and string together complete sentences, then I'd start my own blog!!! I'd be the talk of the blogosphere!

  • What game would you make and why?

    • insta
    • June 22, 2011 at 10:13 AM

    No, not Viking: Battle for Asgard, although that counts as well!

    I found the game I meant, it was called Rune. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rune_%28video_game%29

  • What game would you make and why?

    • insta
    • June 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM

    There was also that old viking game based on the unreal engine, where you beat people with a sword in third person. Can't remember the name though

  • Arttu Maki - Level Designer

    • insta
    • June 22, 2011 at 8:30 AM

    Awesome portfolio! The Nuclear Dawn stuff looks really cool. The only thing is the lack of text (info about the levels), maybe have it as a text-field which can be expanded (starts out as hidden) or something like that. Also, the addresses on the left (underneath game title) aren't clickable, which would be nice.

  • Level Design Help Files

    • insta
    • June 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM

    A fun read from gamasutra :

    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6 ... rough_.php

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • insta
    • June 21, 2011 at 2:44 PM

    Really cool!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™