1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • insta
    • December 7, 2004 at 9:20 AM

    Stop making fun of nexus or I'll start executing hostages :evil:

  • de_shapingcity

    • insta
    • December 4, 2004 at 11:11 PM

    Keep it up Nexus

  • Mapcore should pwn the Valve Map contest

    • insta
    • December 2, 2004 at 5:26 PM
    Quote from this is the clown

    Emailed Valve about Custom Content "Please try to use HL2 assets only when creating your map. This includes

    textures, models, etc.

    Maps which use non-HL2 assets will still be considered, but our judging

    process will favor maps which stick as closely as possible to assets in

    HL2."

    but i think i'm just gonna stick to HL2's props and textures to be on the safe side.

    Display More

    Who did you email? I have a question about the contest that I need answered.

  • Mapcore should pwn the Valve Map contest

    • insta
    • December 1, 2004 at 8:50 PM

    I'm going at it alone, since all the community maps I've ever seen/participated in have either failed or gone waaay beyond any deadline. Good luck to all, and hopefully atleast one resident Mapcoreanian will win !

  • Mapcore should pwn the Valve Map contest

    • insta
    • December 1, 2004 at 7:40 AM

    I'm so in. The last time Valve had a map contest (for HL1DM) I was too nub to participate. Now that's changed.

  • what will be the surprise

    • insta
    • November 30, 2004 at 6:37 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    yeah I'd kill for a round of crossfire:source

    You're still european, so you can only play on european servers. That means that either me or skdr gets to host the server, while you suffer 200+ ping

  • Half-Life 2

    • insta
    • November 30, 2004 at 4:33 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    That was just stupid.

    Tell me what's the best game ever in your opinion and I'll show you its flaws.

    I don't think HL2 is necessarily the best game ever but it is the best FPS ever IMO.

    No game is flawless and in the end it's all a matter of perspective, but from my point of view, a very linear, scripted game with mediocre AI and not so overwhelming graphics is not the major breakthrough in PC games history (unlike most PC game mags want to tell you). No doubt that it still is a kickass game though, with one of the most immersive atmospheres a player has seen so far.

    Most groundbreaking game is radically different than "best game ever".

    HL2 is the best game that I've ever played, and the one I enjoy the most. Trespasser was completely groundbreaking with first full physics-engine, but it was hard to find a game buried inside that pile of poo

  • Someone steals my letters!

    • insta
    • November 30, 2004 at 3:52 PM

    Haha, neat. Useless, but neat.

  • Cool Bloodlines Stuff..

    • insta
    • November 30, 2004 at 3:05 PM
    Quote from curman

    it's still downloadingtell you in exactly 14 hours and 36 mins

    Quoted for hilarity.

  • What was your favorite gun in hl2?

    • insta
    • November 30, 2004 at 1:35 PM

    I love the HEV zoom. I find myself hitting 'z' in other games as well because I want to have a closer look at something without moving over there

  • Cartoony forest/jungle environment

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 5:50 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    i love it great style great idea. Watch out for FrieChamp headhunting you for Monkey Strike 2.

    Now that Frie is involved with the Farcry-lads, maybe Monkey Strike 2 can be made on the Farcry-engine

  • Linked In network

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 4:53 PM

    Sure, sounds great

    [email protected]

  • Finding a mod team worth your while 101

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 4:38 PM

    Shad0w: Wow, just read the update. Drama-licious. Sad to see such a old mod like FLF die because of that though :/

  • Finding a mod team worth your while 101

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 3:44 PM

    I can't say if either of those mods will make it, mainly because it all comes down to leadership. Since I don't know either of the leaders on the mods, it's hard to say which one will make it.

  • What was your favorite gun in hl2?

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 8:53 AM

    Magnum, of course

    Runner up would be the bugbait, just because I love the antlions.

  • Looking members for hl2 mod

    • insta
    • November 29, 2004 at 12:24 AM

    Dude, seriously, I see no way of this mod every making it to beta phase. Hell, you'll be lucky to make it to internal alpha.

    What you need to do is spend a few years (yes, years. It takes that long) and work on whatever it is you do (on your website it only says Leader, so I don't know if you actually have something to bring to the project). The only way people will even consider joining your project is if you have some quality work to show off.

    I realize that I'm just repeating what other people have already said, but sweet jesus, it needs to be said over and over until you understand.

  • POST PICTURES OF YOUR VEHICLE

    • insta
    • November 28, 2004 at 2:22 PM

    I hate you mikezilla.

    :ssj:

  • POST PICTURES OF YOUR VEHICLE

    • insta
    • November 28, 2004 at 12:42 AM

    ol is old enough to drive?

    oh dip

  • Insane asylum texture set

    • insta
    • November 27, 2004 at 12:55 AM

    I like my textures like I like my women; rotten and decaying.

    In other words, nice work. I dig the style, hope you come up with more quality stuff

  • reb_snowoutpost

    • insta
    • November 26, 2004 at 3:53 PM

    What does reb_ mean?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™