1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. spacer

Posts by spacer

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • spacer
    • April 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Btw I don't mean to be a bitch, but can we have a new rule in this thread whereby people have to comment on other people's work before posting their own? I think it is only manners to make some critics about someone else's art just in the same way others would make about your own. It's just I posted my own screenshot and then aevirex posted his own screenshots and mostly distracted away from my own

    Sorry d3, I like your map

    Is this the same map you were showing earlier? (I think it was a jungle, with all the custom grass sprites) Those ones reminded me of that D3 conversion of Pathways into Darkness, these are more Silent Hill-y.

    WHAT ARE YOU UP TO

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • spacer
    • April 16, 2007 at 12:30 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/shitfuck0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/shitfuck0001.jpg]

    Testing out that CTF set I was working on. This'll probably turn into an FF map or something.

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • spacer
    • April 15, 2007 at 5:44 PM

    Bluestrike won already

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • spacer
    • April 11, 2007 at 2:21 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0004.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0005.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0008.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0010.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0013.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0016.jpg]

    Finished, apart from a few movement issues and lighting bugs. And weird shit like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0012.jpg]

    Anyone have any idea what this is caused by?

    Also, needs a name, anyone have any ideas?

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • spacer
    • April 10, 2007 at 4:35 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0003.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0002.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/wat0001.jpg]

    What I've got so far .

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • spacer
    • April 6, 2007 at 4:44 PM

    Awesome. IMA OPEN HAMMER

  • Supermario Doom

    • spacer
    • March 27, 2007 at 1:38 PM

    Those blue shells were always assholes.

  • System Shock 2 - Full visual walkthough

    • spacer
    • March 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM

    Didn't System Shock get heavily influenced by/ rip off Bungies Marathon series? The whole idea of the mad computer AI that manipulated you aboard a ship full of weird stuff

  • Texture Scene 1: Calm

    • spacer
    • March 19, 2007 at 5:34 PM

    These are awesome. Are they bumpmapped? If not, they should be, I think they'd look much better.

    Also, don't listen to Dodger, he's full of crap.

  • totally random texture thread

    • spacer
    • February 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM

    Put a little ornate bit in the little gaps aevirex, that would complete it.

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/pillar1_b_rust.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/basewall1_dirt4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/basewall1_r_strip.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/trim64.jpg]

    Some CTF textures I'm working on. Trying to practice different types of wear and tear mostly.

  • FF_Flare

    • spacer
    • January 25, 2007 at 10:54 PM

    I reckon my favourite part is the outside. It reminds me of Quake 3 Threewave CTF bases, or Q3F. Looks great ;D.

  • Now playing

    • spacer
    • December 15, 2006 at 10:13 PM

    Science and Industry 1.1

  • Threewave's new Level Designer

    • spacer
    • October 26, 2006 at 4:49 PM

    Congrats! Now you have to leak awesome info about Threewave's source game EVERY DAY GOD DAMNIT.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • spacer
    • October 25, 2006 at 12:27 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/ID/mapmap0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://another-world.org.uk/spacer/ID/id_izus0003.jpg]

    Some shi~ I been working on for IDmod. Still failed at trying to get self illumination working on my textures :\.

  • totally random texture thread

    • spacer
    • September 29, 2006 at 5:53 PM

    Yes. CTF TEXTUARS PLZ.

  • totally random texture thread

    • spacer
    • September 18, 2006 at 12:58 AM

    awsum stuff h2. I'd say it was sharpened just enough.

    Just a quick source texture question, I figured I could post it here rather than creating a new thread. How would I go about creating a texture that has a normal, specular and self illum map as well as a diffuse map in source? The way I'm doing specular maps atm is to use the alpha of the normal map as the specular. Is there any way I can use the alpha of the diffuse map for the self illum map?

    [edit] I put the alpha channel on the colour map, and my VMT reads like this

    Quote

    "LightMappedGeneric"{

    "$baseTexture" "Misc\trim64_1"

    "$bumpmap" "Misc\trim64_1_normal"

    "$envmap" "env_cubemap"

    "$envmaptint" "[1 1 1]"

    "$normalmapalphaenvmapmask" 1

    "$surfaceprop" "metal"

    "$selfillum" 1

    "$selfillumtexture" "Misc\trim64_1"

    }

    Display More

    But it still doesn't work ingame [/edit]

  • Cannon Fodder!

    • spacer
    • September 6, 2006 at 7:27 PM

    WAR, NEVER BEEN SO MUCH FUN.

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • spacer
    • September 4, 2006 at 11:17 AM

    I'd love to see some tutorials on how you made these, they look far more realistic than my texture efforts.

    Also, source version for the win .

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • spacer
    • August 27, 2006 at 4:16 PM

    Start mapping for ID mouse. IT WILL BE THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME I TELL YOU.

  • totally random texture thread

    • spacer
    • August 20, 2006 at 1:00 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.another-world.org.uk/spacer/ID/door1.jpg]

    PAINT ON A DOOR.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™