1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • August 11, 2011 at 6:40 PM

    That's the best looking CE3 map I've ever seen.

  • [TF2] koth_nerve

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM

    Looks sweet, the cap point looks pretty fun to defend. Download link plz, my buddies and I are dying for a new KOTH map!

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM

    Make sure to get Muscle March too, it's the pepsiman of this generation!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    oh and Warioware:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

    That turned out fantastic Matthias! Can't wait to see the final version.

  • Interview with Thiago Klafke (Minotauro)

    • Minos
    • August 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM

    I love google translate:

    Quote

    I have read a lot about game design and art schools in Sweden and I really liked what I saw. Sweden has a strong local industry and gambling companies have a close relationship with the schools.

    Thanks for the opportunity Tommy, it was a lot of fun answering those questions

  • Best for game development: TN or IPS monitor?

    • Minos
    • August 6, 2011 at 4:22 AM

    Have you tried one of the newest TPS models from Dell? My cousin has one and man, they are at least 30% brighter than my current IPN screen. Not counting the color range, Dell says it can displays 20 million colors more than the old S-PPN models.

    If you still can't see any difference between the TPS and the S-PPN models then you need to check the lighting on your screen as it may need changing.. or you may need glasses. Hope this helps!

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Minos
    • August 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    Just watched a few episodes of "Saban's Masked Rider", a horrible american version of the japanese 'Kamen Rider Black RX' series. I have yet to see anyone show a sign of acting

    Fucking Saban, always taking a dump on japanese shows

  • Minecraft

    • Minos
    • August 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Game of Thrones RPG!!!!

    • Minos
    • August 5, 2011 at 7:00 AM

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Minos
    • August 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    No.Like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2493/mapcorehurg.jpg]

    Maybe we could place Hurg inside the "O"??

  • Diablo 3

    • Minos
    • August 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM

    Started my yearly replay of Diablo 2 last night with friends, playing a Necro for the first time.

    Tristam gives me goosebmps:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Lords of Uberdark

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM

    Looks bad imo I like the cubes and the feeling of working on a grid.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

    I gave my Wii to my GF after like 4 or 5 months :/ I even softmodded it because I couldn't be arsed for paying full-price for those 5-year old Nintendo games (fucking greedy corporation). There are some cool shit on the virtual machine or whatever it's called, but you'd be better off just playing these games in an emulator. I didn't play much of Super Mario Galaxy 2 (lost the CD) but although it's really really good, I wasn't as motivated to play it as I was when I played Mario 64.

    I had some fun with Madworld though, this game is highly underrated imo. I got it for really cheap on amazon (like 5 bucks or so). Looking forward to Zelda Skyward Sword, that one looks pretty good!

    My family however did have a lot of fun with the Wii and I even played Wii Sports with my father. The last game that I had played with him was Street Fighter 2, back in 95 or something, so that was cool

    Images

    • bird.webp
      • 5.66 kB
      • 300 × 300
  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Minos
    • August 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    Quote from Jenn0_Bing

    OK, here's a mock-up with Thurnip's Mapcore font, if we wanted the subtext which I think is pretty cool it may need a similar font treatment, I'm just using a stock font atm.[Blocked Image: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/jenno_bing/MapcoreLogo_Jenn0_Thurnip.jpg]

    It's also a slightly updated version of my logo, no changes to the shape, I've just warmed the colours a little and shaded the sphere as per Thriks suggestion

    Very nice!!

  • Your beginnings

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    Quote from kleinluka

    My first day was fucking scary. I was browsing Google Image search for some reference photos and the project manager, producer, art lead etc. were all standing behind my desk talking to some other guy. I clicked on an image and you know how Google Image Search always loads the entire site that image is on too, in addition to just the picture....well before I knew it I had about 15-20 large popups of chicks sucking cock or getting facials all over my screen. When I tried to close one it would open 3 more. I panicked and tried to close them all but they would just bring up new ones so I did the only thing I could do and hit the power switch on my computer. Nobody saw. But I nearly shat myself.

    I remember you telling me this at the time. Shit, time flies so fast.

  • Quantum Conflict - FPS in Unity

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM

    This is the best thing to ever come out of the brazilian industry. Go guys!

  • RAGE

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM

  • ULTIMATE CHALLENGE: Design the MapCore logo — new deadline!

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2011 at 3:11 AM

    Worked on my entry a little this night, still not sure on what font to use. I'm more inclined to go for the 4th one but I have just noticed that it looks very similar to the polycount one

    [Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/temp/Mapcore_Logo_02.jpg]

  • Diablo 3

    • Minos
    • August 2, 2011 at 1:35 AM
    Quote from Bunglo

    I do. I never found rushing through quests to get loot and leveling up like a madman very fun. I played Diablo 1/2 for the atmosphere, co-op completely kills it for me.

    Same here. I think some people are misinterpreting this a bit. You will still be able to play the singleplayer campaign alone, you will just need to be logged in on battle.net.

    I think that the game could have an offline mode though, even if that meant never being able to use offline characters on battle.net. On the other hand, if there's an option to sync your characters with the cloud that would be a big plus for being online 100% of the time

  • Diablo 3

    • Minos
    • August 1, 2011 at 5:27 PM

    Why the rage? This is exactly the same as the TF2 store, only that in this case you will buy/sell items directly to players.

    Dark:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™