1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • Cheap game engine licenses

    • Minos
    • February 16, 2007 at 7:36 PM

    Hello folks.

    I'm doing a little research on cheap and powerful game engines and I found a few good ones, such as the unity engine (is this Mac only or am I too dumb ?), unigine (my favourite so far) and the C4 engine (cheap in all aspects, the license costs only 200 bucks )

    Anyways, some folks I know need a powerful and cheap engine. They are aiming for virtual reality/simulation like games (not aimed for regular gamers but for medicine students) so the engine must have some cool features and flexible workflow and also must be easy to work with.

    I don't need to say their budget is short, so don't post UNREAL 3 or anything like that

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • February 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM

    you americans and your cool skating spots

    They are like no existent down here

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • February 15, 2007 at 7:43 PM

    awesome trees

  • [REL] DoD_Edelweiß Beta 3

    • Minos
    • February 15, 2007 at 4:54 PM

    wow amazing job. I love the setting.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 15, 2007 at 2:49 AM

    Yeah I kept wpoly in mind and I think I did a good job on that

    Personaly, my favourite map is Erratic's. The brushwork is really clean and impressive. The lighting could be slightly better with a little -gamma pass. Anyways, its a solid map and I couldn't believe erratic made the entire map in 3 days... crazy shit

    DM_Hookup is really good too. The brushwork and ammount of detail is amazing. Once again lighting could be better with a gamma pass. I also think the layout is excessively simple. The rooms differ a lot from each other without breaking the consistent style though, and that's a good thing.

    Mamus' map is undoubtly the most creative one. Once again mamus gives us a twisted map with interesting and funny entity work. I loved this one

    Hestia is another piece of good work. The special attention to little details like sounds and small objects really makes this map stand out. I also loved the lighting a lot. But the wpoly kills the map's playability It's still an extraordinary addition to alysson's portfolio.

    I also had a quick look at hazlab and I found it a weird map. The different styles clash is an unique thing and the lava pit gives a nice old school feeling, however that room is almost unplayable.

    DM_Rocked was also a nice surprise. The layout is simple but seems to work, and the setting is really old school. Cool stuff KT!

    I still have to check out kabelen's map, it looked very nice from the screenies.

    A general hint to everyone: Work on your sounds. They really make a map stand out and improve atmosphere.

    Anyways, this contest was a pleasant experience and I'm glad to see many guys actually finished their maps We should have more of these.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2007 at 3:45 PM

    12 x 12 at the moment

    /me pets erratic~

  • Sales Breakdown for '06

    • Minos
    • February 14, 2007 at 2:49 PM

    Congrats evert, phill and everyone at grin GRAW is one of the top selling games. (but they are counting both pc and xbox versions together, aren't they completely different games ?)

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 8:49 PM

    yup, add kabelen to the poll

    Also, who wants to start a server ?

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM

    Yeah kabelen, get some 400x300 screenies and ferret will accept it, right ferret ? :wink:

    wow, there are so many (and quality) entries! Mapcore's finally got a succesfull mapping contest. Good work everyone!

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 4:46 AM

    ok here are your candies

    [Blocked Image: http://my.opera.com/larylaw/homes/blog/Halloween%20Candy.jpg]

    and an extra twix to both of you

    [Blocked Image: http://www.giorgiacosplay.com/public/weblog/twix%20bars.jpg]

    I blame the brits btw http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_rat

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 4:37 AM

    There's more than just an explosive rat

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 4:15 AM

    also, there's a kickass easter egg in my map A candy to whoever finds it first.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 3:41 AM

    THIEFED

    ---

    known bugs: in the text file included in the zip

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 13, 2007 at 2:19 AM

    ok I just got home, preparing and uploading the map now...

    editing: argh there's a horrible error in my map (a skybrush overlapping another brush) but it's too late now. I'll fix it after voting is closed, just to include a proper version in the map pack.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 7:30 PM

    ahaha my map's got the coolest easter egg ever

    ferret: I'm going to college now and I left my map compiling. I'll post it as soon as I get home so don't close the submissions till there. :wink:

    Also, don't start the voting now. Leave another 3 or 4 days so people can properly test all the maps before voting.

  • extremely old screenshots from my first level design days...

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:32 PM

    So TS is an opera ripoff ??

  • New. Sort of?

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:14 PM

    I lost all my relics in a hd reformat

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 2:25 PM

    I'm such a dumbass, I renamed my map filename but forgot to rename my .rad file

  • RO-Zavod (Red orchestra)

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 3:18 AM

    I love the custom content good work

    where can I see more of your work ?

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Minos
    • February 12, 2007 at 2:28 AM

    The deadline won't be extended again... so like ferret said everyone should submit their maps untill tomorrow night. An entire day is enough to do some polishing and eventual bug fixing. I'm doing my final compile now, I'll post my map asap.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™