1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Minos

Posts by Minos

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 5:49 PM

    Downloading from fileplanet

    someone upload it to youtube quick!

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 4:32 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    It's here!!!http://www.fo3.net/

    lol

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 3:17 PM

    Hey mapcore let's sell our houses, cars and wives and buy the Fallout license so we can make a kickass sequel ourselves

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 3:13 PM

    Nice stuff rick. Don't use displacement for the metal plates though, source can't handle lighting on displacements very well.

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 6:17 AM

    I can already see they putting up a nice pic of Pipboy saying "GOTCHA!"

  • Little urban intervention thing I did with some friends

    • Minos
    • June 5, 2007 at 6:14 AM

    Poor johnny

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 9:22 PM

    I can't stand Harry Potter

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 9:21 PM

    Ya do it mazy

    I just got to San Fran, I guess I'm kinda close of finishing the game.

  • [HL1DM]Thw_Dm_Fugazi

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 2:55 PM

    Looks huge and cool

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    Why do people wear anything that isn't 100% functional? There's nothing wrong with it, it's just wearing things you like to wear. It's like putting on a belt when your trousers fit fine anyway, wearing camo despite not requiring the need to disappear into the jungle, or wearing any sort of jewellery whatsoever. Or wearing a dress despite being a man.

    What?

    I was just picking on him, I used to wear those emo wrist bands too.

  • WEAPON SHOP

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 4:19 AM

    I really like the blue + orange lighting, it gives the scene a nice contrast. But I must say that sky is horrible, it makes the composition look totaly unbalanced...

    I couldn't avoid spending most of my time looking at that bright sky instead of looking at the building, the actual subject. Try using a darker sky. Don't use overbright colors on the sky. Bright colors usualy draw all the viewer's atention to them.

    What I'm trying to say is that I get a very unpleasant feeling when I look at your composition. My eyes can't stop looking at the sky even though I was supposed to only appreciate your modelling.

  • dm_moil

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 3:28 AM

    Looks interesting skullhozer, gonna check it out ingame in a few minutes~

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • June 4, 2007 at 3:22 AM

    Why are you wearing wristbands if you are no guitarrist ??? FUCKING EMOPOSERS!!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2007 at 3:04 PM

    Very nice stuff defrag, I love the curves. I'd just play a little with color_correction and slightly increase the contrast (don't go over the top with it~)

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2007 at 3:01 PM

  • de_nighthawk

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2007 at 7:03 AM

    I really like this map's progress Could use a few colored lights here and there, because the lighting looks pretty much the same all over the map.

    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6904 ... 045dk0.jpg

    I don't particularly dig that yellow'ish plaster wall. It's meant to be used indoors and basicaly looks too clean... it looks very flat and uninteresting too.

    http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5883 ... 051ek2.jpg

    This area could use some spotlights pointing upwards, it would look kickass in my opinion.

    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5747 ... 056cn7.jpg

    More color!

    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3865 ... 062eo4.jpg

    Those clean yellow plaster walls again...

    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4972 ... 065gw5.jpg

    Remove the point_spotlights on the fluorescent lights. They don't make any sense.

    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7421 ... 069vi8.jpg

    This scene has cool brushwork but the lighting is VERY bland. Place some strong orange'ish lights near the fire to make it more dramatic.

    This map has a lot of potential, with some tweaks and a few custom materials here and there it can look really sweet.

  • Tutorial - Texture Creation From Reference

    • Minos
    • June 3, 2007 at 6:24 AM

    hmm covers only very basic tips but it's still very useful for beginners. Like peris would say "making textures is like making love to a girl... you need maybe a few tutorials to get started but from then its all experience... Also tips from your buddies can be useful"

    good job man

  • The random model thread!

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2007 at 6:39 PM

    Nice one rick~

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2007 at 6:32 PM

    Hessi is on weed again

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Minos
    • June 2, 2007 at 6:06 PM

    lol good one

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™