I used a hard round brush mainly + some weird brushes I created. The clouds brush was created using one of Windows XP's stock wallpapers lol (the one with a tiny island).
Posts by Minos
-
-
Yeah I screwed up the foreground but I only noticed that when the painting was done (I was working on a 16% zoom).
The entire scene took about 2 hours. I'm slow

-
Quick environment:
[Blocked Image: http://thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/quick_environment.jpg]
-
-
Quote from generalvivi
That looks pretty awesome mino. I've wanted to give ds art a try for a long time now, I might just try it

You should do it, its pretty challengeling =)
-
-
Apply for Remedy skdr. How awesome can it be to work with the Inhouse engine?

-
Shit, I was 87% sure you would get the job

Glad it was an awesome experience though. Now get back to Finland and finish your new map

-
Quote from Mazy
Yeah, I already told you that I admire this decision mainly because I wish I could pull myself together and get some more concrete education as well. Just so hard when you got your dream job and a great place to work already, and it still feels too recent that I've been in school (Which is like, 5 years ago.....D: ).Best of luck dude, maybe you'll return one day with your newly gained alien knowledge and turn IO upside down

Why can't you work and study at the same time? I used to have a full time job (8 hours a day + 2 hours lunchtime = 10 hours in total) but I still went to college at night
It's not THAT punishing if you have flexible working hours (I hadn't though). You can easily make through it if you really inclined. -
Sun bursts never go out of fashion do they

Compositions look pretty cool though.
-
Very nice Pogo, seems like you have a great challenge ahead =)
-
Very nice work, now start applying at decent companies and I'm sure you get a job quickly


-
Thanks guys

Slacky: Yeah the "displacement" issue is indeed rather weird, I've had it for ages now. The problem is that those brushes aren't displacements and have no gaps between them. I might just delete and remake them, that should fix it!
Expect a new version soon, with some big improvements =)
-
I have a few requests, if you are meeting these guys please do the following for me:
- Peris: Give him a kiss in the butthole
- Evert: Give him a kick in the tibia
- Steppenwolf: Kidnap him and pretend you are russian
- Insta: Get fucking drunk with him
don't forget to take pics!
-
Quote
":1xgs5x1n]heh, I already made stuff for NintendoDS, and I tell you those tools are freaking horrible, Nintendo really does a bad job with their tools of exporting plugins, shaders, etc.Anyways, looking good man, but you could have increased the poly count a bit, NintendoDS can render up to 1500~2000 Polys per frame. (Depending on the detail the characters will have, but I guess 750 tris is ok)
You used a lot of textures tho, 116 Kb is really pushing it for NintendoDS. Don't forget that the console needs to render the characters and the HUD on top of what you made.
And btw, is it really needed to have a texture only for the curtains? 64*128 for a small piece such as that, is a big no-no.
Overall, you really managed to optimize it very well, good job.
Thanks for the feedback.
The texture memory is a bit high because I saved the tga's as 24 bits instead of 8bits just so they would look better in the portfolio

-
By the way, we should have a low poly competition under these specs. It's pretty fun working within such restrictions =)
-
Here's an small DS specs environment I did just for fun/practise.
Tricount:739
Textures:
1 128x128 Diffuse
1 64x64 Diffuse
1 64x128 Diffuse + Alpha
1 16x32 Diffuse
1 16x16 Diffuse
(116 Kb total)
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_01.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_02.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_03.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_04.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_05.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/portfolio/dsenv_06.jpg]
-
Good luck man, I'm sure you will get it =)
-
I got myself a gnomon workshop dvd on speed painting, got inspired by it and decided to do something very random to practise some of the techniques I learned on the DVD. The composition itself is boring as hell, my only real focus was to learn to paint with colors instead of painting with shades of gray and then applying a color correction as I used to do. I learned a lot doing this quick one so I guess it was worth the time!
[Blocked Image: http://www.thiagoklafke.com/misc/sketches/sketch_crash_site.jpg]
-
Quote from n8braker