1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • October 20, 2009 at 5:57 PM

    Ah. I had no idea who the voice actor was when i started playing it so hence it was not ruins its for me. Nasty hobbitses ruins everythings!

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • October 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    Yeah, the voice acting and writing is some of the best I've heard in a game. In fact, it makes this game funnier than almost any other game I've played, exactly in the same way I find Harrison Ford's characters in Raiders or Empire Strikes Back funny. It's that flying by the seat of your pants action/adventure sarcasm and irony that's easy to attempt but difficult to pull off. And yes, this does mean Uncharted 2's writing is actually quite derivative. Like I care? It's still fraktacularly awesomeh!

    Cladia Black's work on the Cloe character in Uncharted 2, while not funny like Drake, was expertly done imho.

    PS/Edit: Thanks for using the spoiler formatting for any spoilers in your posts. For those of us who have not quite finished the SP it's much appreciated.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Izuno
    • October 20, 2009 at 4:30 AM

    Yeah it really feels like times are changing. I've always felt my best MP fun was on the PC, whether back in the DoD/CS days, WoW ( :roll: ), CoD:UO on a LAN at work or holy_shit_fun CoD2 PC after hours...

    ...and now I'm in love with the general simplicity of Uncharted 2 MP...which is limited to 5v5...and the gameplay is marginally original for MP if that. Next I'm thinking I'll play BL co-op, and MW2 on my PS3 or 360. WTF is the world coming to when I'm anticipating enjoying MP on my consoles?

  • Brütal Legend

    • Izuno
    • October 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Been playing it for a couple of hours now. Its pretty good, but I gotta admit, kinda pales in comparison when you've just finished Uncharted 2, even if you can't really compare the two.Also even though I really like Jack Black, then I'm slowly getting some heavy duty JB fatigue from this game. Maybe its not really him, but rather the fact that Eddie's character just takes himself a bit too serious most of the time, he's a bit too bluntly written. Also the RTS parts are WAAAAY confusing, so far its almost by random that I've actually made it through em.

    That said, there's still a lot of love in this one, lots of funny references, and an absolutely amazing soundtrack. I'm just finding it hard to pull myself together and play this instead of Uncharted 2 MP D:

    While I'm only 2/3 (?) the way through Uncharted 2 SP, the above pretty much captures my feelings about Brutal Legend.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • October 19, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Ah, OK. I'm waiting until I finish it before watching those, as even if there're no spoilers per se I want to discover all the environments and shit myself.

    I've split my time between SP and MP since the game came out, and I'm starting to see some of those environments from the MP show up in SP levels (won't give away which one in case you really don't want to be spoiled). On this one level, because I knew the layout so well from MP, it somehow made me extra confident in the SP game and I ran around like a madman, neck-breaking half the enemies before I decided to start shooting. If I hadn't seen the level in MP at all, I doubt I would have been as confident.

    Anyway, the game is still my early choice for GOTY, certainly for the PS3. Looking forward to other games like BL, MW2, but damn, having soooooo much fun with Uncharted 2 and it's going to take something special to unseat it for me.

  • Uncharted 2 - Among Thieves

    • Izuno
    • October 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

    GOTY

  • Batman: Arkham Asylum

    • Izuno
    • October 3, 2009 at 1:29 AM

    Sorry to bump an older thread but Ifinally got around to playing the demo off PSN. It's a short demo, but definitely makes you want to play the whole thing. Very impressed that we finally have a good Batman game.

  • Aion

    • Izuno
    • September 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

    I got to play the game in the final stages just before beta but I didn't get enough time to get to the flight part and was curious what people thought of that. Aside from attempting to be the "East meets West MMO" in-flight combat was supposed to one of the main hooks.

    So...anyone have anything to say about the flight aspect yet?

  • Anyone else see this Xbox360 rebate?

    • Izuno
    • September 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM

    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/360e ... efault.htm

    Seems to be US only. Most people around here who want(ed) a 360 probably have one already, but just in case I thought I'd share.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2009 at 5:40 PM

    Duly noted.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • Izuno
    • September 17, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    Quote from dux

    The one reason I wont buy this game, or any other that activision publishes. They are douche bags. Everyone I've spoken to about it say they'll just download it :/

    I worked with Composite for a little while (really just for few months and it was years ago) but I can say for a fact he's not a douchebag and he does work his ass off. In fact I believe his coworkers at IW are also hardworking non-douchebags as well.

    So if you're going to not buy the game you certainly have the right to do so (wait...i think I heard a commercial once that said don't copy that floppy or something...) but let's not lump everyone at Activision under the DB category. That is unless you have met every single one of them and have verified their DB status.

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • Izuno
    • September 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

    erm....ok "post-apocalyptic" is perhaps the wrong term. Essentially I meant the desolate/hostile place vibe. Look I'm not saying the games are the same, just that there appears to be a small similarity in some ways and I like.

    Anyway, the video above certainly reminds you of Christian Bale's Terminator 4 outtake. Good times.

    "Hiyooo!"

  • Gamer (Movie)

    • Izuno
    • September 9, 2009 at 12:42 AM

    OMG the cutting every .5 seconds issue...that was my (only) problem with the otherwise excellent Bourne movies. And I felt it really damaged District 9. Not that I was going to see Gamer but FFS wtf is with this type of cinematography+editing these days that ruins movies.

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • Izuno
    • September 8, 2009 at 11:49 PM

    Borderlands is still reminding me of Stalker. Not the art style, not the story, just the pseudo openness of Stalker and post-apocalyptic setting and the RPG-esque elements. Borderlands seems more open and more RPG, though. I'm drawing a thin comparison to Stalker here but my point is that I loved Stalker and it's making me think I might like this game too having not been able to get my hands on it yet. (Sat in a demo at E3 but obviously it was hands off...thanks Randy! )

  • District 9

    • Izuno
    • August 24, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Considering the quite low budget the result is awesome especialy compared to big budget Hollywood crap like Terminator: Salvation that had a six times higher budget.

    Definitely.

  • District 9

    • Izuno
    • August 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Just saw it, was amazing. [sLIGHT SPOILERS] I actually really liked that it went into being an action flick towards the end, heard some that didn't like that that much, but also that the overall blend between documentary and regular film was pretty seamless surprised me. Plus the I thought the character of Wilkus was really refreshing an different, a fucking prick at times, and the aliens were awesome, plus I LOVED the awesomely violent moments that were across the entire movie. Overall a really well put together film, really anxious to see what Blomkamp does next.

    There were things about the film I definitely liked, however I hated the main character and I thought the cinematography was terrible. The problem was the constant shaky cam. I know it's a technique to heighten the intensity of the action, but I'm sick of it already. I go to the movies for a cinematic experience with cinematic shots where I can actually see what's going on. In this film the shaky cam was overdone and it just made me lose interest in the otherwise brilliant action sequences. I know the shaky cam is part of the documentary style, but I feel it detracted too much from the movie experience. Such a shame really, as there was some outstanding stuff in this movie, even with the main character.

    As for the social commentary on Apartheid, it didn't really register and sort of fell flat. But bravo for making a film of this overall quality and visual effects for only $30 million.

  • DiRT 2

    • Izuno
    • August 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM

    Before this thread gets fully derailed about sticking it to the man and such, I'd also like to say that I found both Grid and Dirt impressive. I used to play Gran Turismo 3 on my PS2 a ton but then got sick of racing. I actually enjoyed Grid quite a bit and am looking forward to trying the Dirt 2 demo.

  • The PS3 Slim

    • Izuno
    • August 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM

    Did anyone already post the official announcement in this thread? I didn't see it so...

    http://www.industrygamers.com/news/sony ... m-for-299/

    So worst kept secret is out now. Yeah the slim looks a little cheap in pictures but wait to pass judgment until you see it up close. All of us should be very happy, whether you like Sony or not, simply because it will mean more hardware out there and hence more opportunity for games to sell etc. etc. Hopefully more that will help speed up the global rebound of console game sales that so many of the people here ultimately rely on.

    I for one would love to see a PS3 + Uncharted2 bundle as others here have mentioned.

  • Surrogates

    • Izuno
    • August 10, 2009 at 7:36 PM

    I know it says it's based on a graphic novel, but I haven't heard of it or read it.

    Anyway, the trailer makes it feel like Blade Runner meets The Matrix meets Total Recall. I mean all of those were awesome movies, right? So if we just mash them together we'll get something more awesomerer? Right? Isn't that how this works?

  • WoW Movie?

    • Izuno
    • July 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM

    I have to admit that as a former WoW player (yes i went back and got my druid up to lvl80..hung out a while then quit again) I secretly hope that WoW becomes a film trilogy that is pure awesomeness. Legendary made the new Batman films awesome, why not go all out and do the same for WoW?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™