1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Dying Light 2

    • Izuno
    • June 14, 2019 at 9:01 PM

    I got to sit through the demo presentation, at the end everyone got this Dying Light 2 figurine that came in this black box. Very cool.

    Anyway...from watching them play the demo I'm convinced they will make the player choice thing work. As for whether players actually like that feature is speculative, but it seems pretty cool. The parkour looks like a big upgrade from DL1 such as using a zombie to break your fall when you ride it off the side of a building...vaulting off zombies to a higher ledge or something (was that in DL1) and the wallrunning worked great. The grappling hook plus paraglider gave it elements of Batman and Zelda BotW in a great way. tl;dr: I'm sold on the parkour and combat from what I have seen. As for the levels and art direction, I am very happy to say that the game isn't all brown/gray post-apocalypse-y. There is a lot of color and polish on the presentation and it feels like a very convincing world.

    While not as flashy as what CDPR showed with Cyberpunk 2077 (which was in the meeting room right next door to Techland) I'm more jazzed about the gameplay and world you play in with DL2. Both games did great at the show so keep it up Poland.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • May 7, 2019 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    On 4/15/2019 at 10:04 AM, blackdog said: At work we are doing a pot with our top 5 predictions for the final season.

    Mines are:

    http://# Reveal hidden contents 1. All Starks die 2. Jaime kills Cersei 3. Bran fucks someone's past again 4. The wolves returns to the Starks 5. The Hound and The Mountain brawl, and The Hound wins

    Spoiler In the books lady stoneheart had appeared by now...sigh...not going to happen I guess.

  • E3 2019

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2019 at 9:54 PM

    I'm holding my cards on the console hw announcements but I'm expecting roughly 1 total big announcement with a standard deviation of 1.5. ?

    As for software what I would love:

    - more BotW yes please

    - DL 2 also on my list...

    - ...but I really want to see more in the Horizon Zero Dawn franchise. Not sure if a sequel is really called for but I'd take it if we got one.

    Meanwhile...if anyone is at the show we should find a time to meet up. I'll be there all week.

  • A Game of Thrones

    • Izuno
    • May 6, 2019 at 5:35 PM

    So....this was not caught by a lot of people to make it on screen last night. ?

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Izuno
    • December 6, 2018 at 10:40 PM
    Quote from FMPONE

    On 12/4/2018 at 12:36 PM, FMPONE said: Expected. Next step will be Valve being bought out by Microsoft sometime in the next 3-5 years.

    Yeah no kidding expected. Been sitting on this news for a year. I think the big question for Valve is if it is still interested in getting up in the morning and printing money.

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Izuno
    • December 4, 2018 at 5:21 PM

    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/ann…pic-games-store

    Maybe Valve will now feel some heat? <sigh>

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Izuno
    • November 19, 2018 at 9:55 PM

    20 years ago today HL was released. I have no other words.

  • One Piece World Seeker

    • Izuno
    • August 21, 2018 at 4:31 AM

    Funny...I was never a Nintendo guy. That is until Switch and Zelda BotW. Given the art style in Zelda and how it is easily now one of my favorite games of all time, I have become anime-curious. Hence when I saw this One Piece trailer I thought I'd share it here.

  • One Piece World Seeker

    • Izuno
    • August 20, 2018 at 5:37 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    In short, it's an open world One Piece game. I don't follow anime much, but color me intrigued here.

  • Doom Eternal

    • Izuno
    • August 13, 2018 at 6:09 PM

    Man...playing Doom II while high back in the day. Replacement underwear was not optional.

  • Red Dead Redemption 2

    • Izuno
    • August 9, 2018 at 5:29 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Dying Light 2

    • Izuno
    • July 12, 2018 at 7:35 AM

    I played the first game all the way through to the end. I agree with your assessment Zarsky, however I still enjoyed the story and characters despite the tropes and cliches. The world as a whole was convincing and the looting/crafting/surviving was a joy, allowing you to take on challenges in many different ways. In fact, it has some of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. destroyed world vibe which gave it a big plus in my book. I'd say it was my game of the year of 2016, in fact.

    From what I can observe about Techland is that it seems to take this branching narrative design very seriously, sober to past faulted attempts that resulted in more marketing hype than anything else. I just don't see Techland promising this and not delivering given my discussions with them at E3. Hope they pull it off!!

  • The Last of Us Part 2

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2018 at 5:48 AM
    Quote from [HP]

    10 hours ago, [HP] said: Could you elaborate why you didn't like the combat in the first game?

    And, do you like stealth games?

    I personally love stealth games, MGS, splinter cell and the likes are my jam, and playing a zombie apocalypse stealth game really spoke to me. I love the little swooooosh sound the game does to telegraph that you're about to be seen, such a simple and genius idea, not even Kojima thought of that.

    Basically this.

    And @nikkoship I can respect if TLOU combat did not put the cream in your ringdings. (Some guy in a giant duck outfit was tossing them out in the corridor between South and West halls at E3 this week. )

    That said, I recall very similar combat demos at E3 before TLOU launched in...whatever year that was...and at Naughty dog itself later that summer at an analyst day. They didn't let us play it hands on but they let us ask questions in the middle of the demo and interrupt the flow so it was clear the E3 gameplay (that year) was not heavily scripted.

    So....for TLOU 2 I really do not believe the demo was goosed up ...however....you never know. It would really DevilDog me up if they pulled some YankeeDoodles on us. Personally, I loved the combat in TLOU as "stealth lite-ish" and if the sequel brings it back, I'm sold.

  • E3 2018

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2018 at 3:19 PM

    Yeah the Cyberpunk demo floored a lot of people tho I did not catch that easter egg.

    Forgot to mention Jump Force, the latest mashup from Bandai in the Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, Death Note universes. I'm sure nerd boners went up all over the theater. (Edit by Izuno: Did I fucking say it was just a Dragonball mashup and leave out those other 3? So sorry. It is obviously more than just Dragonball. It was late. I must have been Ambien tweeting or something...anyway...corrected.)


    Today I"m likely going to the Ubisoft and Sony conferences.


    FYI...if you are going to E3 and have not been down there, be aware security is a little beefed up this year with checkpoints and metal detectors to get in and way more security personnel. If you have an Exhibitor or Media badge, you can get in early to the show each day so do so to beat the lines. They are checking bags for real this year...at least they were yesterday but I'm sure once the conference really gets going starting Tuesday it will be a slow slog to just get in.

  • E3 2018

    • Izuno
    • June 11, 2018 at 6:51 AM

    I was at the Microsoft conference today. The fanboys they brought in were pumped as shit. They announced or showed a total of 50 games, plus acquisition of 5 studios including Ninja Theory. They are clearly making a no bullshit effort to restore a strong 1st party development system. Good for them. I am no fanboy of any platform so I hope it goes well for Microsoft.

    Halo Infinite ... didn't show much yet.

    Gears 5...sorry but it felt very trope-y despite still having fans who may like this

    Devil May Cry 5...fans were getting nerd boners it seems...

    Shadow of the Tomb Raider....I love the series so take my money on this one.

    Some new PUBG related stuff...

    Kingdom Hearts III....had Elsa and Anna from Frozen in it. "WTF WHO CARES?" you say. Well the crowd went nuts at that and shit my young daughters were pumped to hear about that when I told them and they started asking me about Kingdom Hearts and now think "wait...maybe this RPG and Zelda thing daddy likes could be cool." So fucking bravo, Square Enix, bravo to you. While you are at it, throw in Sofia the First and Elena of Avalor (especially Elena cause she is good with a sword and can fight) cause my kids love them too.

    Dying Light 2...oh man I am pumped for this. I loved the first game.

    Fallout 76 looked very pretty and I suppose if you love Fallout you may love this. I'm supposed to see it up close this week so looking forward to that.

    They are working on "some kind of thing that could eventually be a new console" ...big eyeroll as of course they are and have been working on a new hardware iteration of some kind. Call me with some real news, pls.

    At the end they had a cool Cyberpunk 2077 showing that you should read about in the other thread,

    Finally, this was pretty cool:

    [Blocked Image: https://www.thetechgame.com/images/news/article/8a7483669a.jpg]

    https://news.microsoft.com/stories/xbox-adaptive-controller/

    I got to try it out up close. By itself it is not revolutionary and it seems resourceful gamers (and/or those who care about gamers with special controller needs) have been hacking their way to gerry-rigged solutions for a while...so Microsoft just decided to make it a little easier for them. As an industry analyst I have no idea how much this will sell, but hey, if it helps people who love gaming but can't use a regular controller due to an injury, brain-injury, degenerative disease or some other reason, good on Microsoft. I also think that they would be fun to mess around with the way people were interested in with the Kinect years back.

  • Days Gone

    • Izuno
    • May 18, 2018 at 2:45 AM

    Saw it at E3 last year. The guys from Sony Bend were super nice and down to earth. Hoping to see it again at E3 this year.

  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

    • Izuno
    • May 16, 2018 at 6:04 AM

    Ye olde tymers around here (going back to 2003 era) know the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has a special place in my heart despite all the challenges the developers had in getting the first game out the door. Back then we at THQ did our best to try to support GSC and ultimately they made a great game which is still on my top 10 all time games list despite its flaws.

    Anyway, sounds like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 may not be dead after all?

    https://www.stalker2.com/

    https://www.pcgamer.com/stalker-2-is-in-development-again/

    So...in world where we need hope now more than ever, I hope this becomes a reality even though the current "date" is 2021. ?

    PS...

    Oh? You give zero f.u.c.k.s.? Listen to this and get in the mood: ?

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • God of War

    • Izuno
    • March 20, 2018 at 3:47 PM

    Latest:

    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/god-o…-/1100-6457492/

    I'm starting to feel the hype, else just coughing from the dust collecting on my Xbone.

  • Horizon Zero Dawn

    • Izuno
    • February 13, 2018 at 11:19 PM

    Meanwhile...


    Horizon Zero Dawn has been recognised with the Writers Guild Award for best video game writing, fending off competition from Dishonoured: Death of the Outsider, Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow, and Madden NFL 18: Longshot.

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-…eo-game-writing

    So yes, even with robot dinosaurs you can have a good story and writing.


    Congrats to the team at Guerilla Games!

  • Cape Town to run out of water

    • Izuno
    • February 3, 2018 at 6:16 PM

    I've read multiple stories on this topic:

    https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/02/cape-t…f-other-cities/

    tl;dr: South Africa plans to shut taps off in Cape Town in April. Read the link for why, though it's basically because of record drought.

    Anyone here from South Africa?

    Scary shit!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™