1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Lytro

    • Izuno
    • June 23, 2011 at 6:08 PM

    Didn't find a thread on this.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/digitaltrends/2 ... phyforever

    Somehow I'm thinking someone here already knows all about this and this is oooooollllddddd news. But I thought it was a cool idea.

    Can play with more instant focus shifting photos here http://www.lytro.com/

  • Virus on Gametrailers

    • Izuno
    • June 19, 2011 at 8:05 AM

    anyone use adblocks for Chrome?

    http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Can't bloody wait for the first proper PC sequel since Battlefield 2142 (and even that was only a refresh of 2005's BF2).

    EA Origin for you then?

    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13934&start=1050#p294776

    I can only assume BF3 PC will be digitally distributed through Origin...

    Of course a retail copy would be another option...that would probably require activation through Origin (and to be fair it's going to be activated through something...)

  • Volcano pics from Chile

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM

    I'm not exactly sure how much warning the Chileans had about the eruption...or how long after the eruption the electrical storms started...but imagine you are in your bed sleeping and wake up to whatever sized rumble a volcanic eruption produces, you look out your window (again, at night) and see some of that shit happening.

  • Volcano pics from Chile

    • Izuno
    • June 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM

    Saw this on fB (ty Mazy for the post!)

    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/0 ... chile.html

    Some sick photos such as:

    [Blocked Image: http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/chile1/bp32.jpg]

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM

    Got to play it in coop mode at Sony's booth. Worked pretty well and would be up to 2 people in split screen or up to 3 people coop online or LAN. It's basically you and your friend(s) trying to complete a "mini-story" type mission against enemy AI. As expected, the characters have the right tone from the SP game (which Uncharted 2's MP had as well).

    Here is a blurry pic I took on my phone:

    [Blocked Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-14v2VPkwzvc/TfKS3qR8owI/AAAAAAAAAN4/EutTElAvzOY/s1600/U3coop2.jpg]

    On the main part of the floor by far the longest line was to play the U3 demo. All these people you see standing in front of me were waiting in a big theme park style queue that for almost the entire show was overflowing outside of Sony's booth:

    [Blocked Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pxIVNFXlaYU/TfKTC1ijugI/AAAAAAAAAOA/An1KKGGHjMs/s1600/U3drake.jpg]

    And another quick camera phone picture of one of the coop demo stations below. In this one you have to get to the top of this big circular stone structure while the guys on top shoot at you. Simple idea but was hella fun mixed in with the climbing...plus all the Uncharted style snarky remarks from the player characters made it a simple joy:

    [Blocked Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UQWsG6xmLig/TfKTBKm5Q_I/AAAAAAAAAN8/j8Cd2c9YboY/s1600/U3coop1.jpg]

  • Dust 514

    • Izuno
    • June 10, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    To the best of my knowledge, it's always been intended as a console exclusive that will tie into the PC EVE. The first mention I saw of possible PS3 exclusivity hinted at Microsoft's policy toward off-site servers being a factor, which makes sense. MS seems unlikely to allow CCP to do what they want to do with this on Xbox Live. There's a reason Valve brought Steamworks to the PS3 and not the 360.

    Exactly. I got to meet CCP CEO Hilmar Pétursson. Very nice guy and very smart. He said the hoops to get an alternative business model (i.e. F2P) working on XBL were just too many right now so it wasn't worth the effort. Sony was more receptive to the idea...so off they go with a PSN effort.

    As for the business model, I got the sense it might have an initial cost to buy it on a disk but for less than typical $60 (like maybe half or less?) that comes with a good deal of content...then there would be some credits purchase model but they admitted it was still TBD. CCP also seems content to let it be small at first and build up the audience over time so they can really get it right like what they did with EVE which is what, 8 years old or something? That game was tiny in the beginning and now has over 300k subscribers.

  • Uncharted 3

    • Izuno
    • June 8, 2011 at 5:26 AM
    Quote from dux

    He's not actually a rug merchant.

    I concur on the awesomeness of that line.

    At the Sony booth today Uncharted 3 was the main event in the center of the floor. I didn't get my hands on it but will Thursday when I get a booth tour.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2011 at 11:47 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Woah... that was pretty cool.. for a single mission though it's very very short, I hope that's not the only bit set in New York else it would be a bit disappointing.

    I thought I saw the screen say "In the interest of time..." meaning they skipped ahead at some point. Could have been they skipped ahead 10 minutes or 30 seconds...

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2011 at 6:05 AM

    GoT tonight....omg...that show just gets better and better.

  • Dust 514

    • Izuno
    • June 6, 2011 at 4:51 AM

    ooh cool. I think I have some meeting with CCP at E3. Def gonna ask about this one...though i'm sure the reveal will have happened by then.

  • PAYDAY: The heist

    • Izuno
    • June 4, 2011 at 1:02 AM

    Tell http://www.co-optimus.com/ about it. They loves teh co-ops!

  • Battlefield 3

    • Izuno
    • June 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    Quote from deceiver

    Haha: Of course there are things we will not be showing at E3, including the game’s extensive co-op campaign, the introduction of Team Death Match mode and the Battlefield 3 Battlelog web destination – featuring powerful social tools, feeds and detailed player stats. Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more. Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars. We look forward to providing more information on these features in the near future!

    Yeah the question with COD Elite is how much of what they have will be free vs. not-free.

    BF3 looking very excellent.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    Quote

    ":1xek4zyj]... Basically it disregards Alien 3 and everything that followed! Awesome, a proper sequel!

    Fine with me. I've kind of outlived my Aliens fanboy days...however I'm still looking forward to this game as this will hopefully reignite said fanboy feelings.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines - WTF Happened!?!

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2011 at 6:15 PM

    Relevant bump:

    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/01/alien ... ease-date/

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    Quote from Dark

    Same here, great show! Speaking of which, as much as I love watching lesbians dike it out; the 10 minute sex scene was really out of place while Petyr was talking about something? I was not able to pay attention with titties flashing around and finger banging down under. I'm sure it had something to do with the epic

    Well...that's part of the design of the show...to have long scenes of interesting dialog on top of visually uncomfortable or otherwise...ahem... scandalous...visual material. Consider the scene a in the prior episode (er...before that?) where the king's younger brother is getting his chest shaved by his lover. There was lengthy focus on the blade near the guy's nipple...oy...uncomfortable to watch on top of the fact that you had the feeling they were about to get their male-on-male action on. More power to HBO I guess?

    In any event, certainly makes for television that's not the same old same old.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    First episode was a bit heavy on the exposition, even for a pilot, but I'm really liking it, especially episode 2. Really love that TV series can have such high production values these days, plus the time to actually tell stories well. Can't wait for each Mondays now (since it wont be up until then here).

    I'm totally loving it. It takes any remaining shred of interest I once had in Lord of the Rings and does something interesting with it. :bravo: HBO!

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Izuno
    • June 1, 2011 at 4:15 AM

    So I've been thinking about it more...and although I am a decent enough online shooter player, I'm certainly no uber elite player. I like casual online MP like back in the days of DoD and CS (pre source). Sure there were clans and hard core players, but it was all simple fun and stuff for me and the dedicated servers with a dependable audience of players week in and week out was the best.

    With CoD Elite, does it mean I can only attempt to get that kind of enjoyable online play if I pay? In other words, is Elite going to be full of hard core paying players such that the experience, in a way, will totally suck? Or even if I do pay will MW3 online MP be any fun?

    So many questions. So many doubts.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • Izuno
    • May 31, 2011 at 8:01 PM

    Elite trailer. Getting nonstop chatter/email about this. At least it's something to talk about. Devil will be in the details/pricing for this to have a chance. Haven't fully digested this myself. So not sure what I think of it other than I understand the theory...basically integrating all the social networking and competitive stuff into the game itself and charging for access to it...tho otherwise MP will be free without Elite. I get the point that it's just another way for ATVI to attempt to reach into our pockets but I won't pass full judgement until I at least see the beta and see if people actually enjoy it. I mean, if it were $5/month and it was incredibly awesome then I suppose why not...but anyway, tbd. At least the trailer has somewhat of a sense of humor though of course it is pure corporate PR.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • DiRT 3

    • Izuno
    • May 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM

    Hey good to see a Mapcorian working at Codies, especially on DiRT. Definitely will give this one a spin (pun intended).

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™