1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Corona Virus

    • Izuno
    • December 7, 2020 at 5:49 PM

    If you want to understand the USA's terrible response, read the book FantasyLand. SMGDMFH.

  • [CS:GO] Ravine (wingman)

    • Izuno
    • October 28, 2020 at 11:37 PM

    Screenshots make me want to visit a real location like that and take a tour. Nice job.

  • Console Warz, 2020

    • Izuno
    • October 21, 2020 at 12:24 AM
    Quote from [HP]

    24 minutes ago, [HP] said: With the XBox Game Pass, I haven't played this much on my PC in a long time... So, I started to love XBox too.

    For now, the place that we live in kind of lends itself nicely for me to be able to play Xbox games on my PC. But, when eventually we move to a bigger place where I can have my own office, I'll just get a XBox Series X for the living room. (Even though, games might never look as good there as they could look on my PC)

    Coming November, I wont be getting neither console. PS5 has no games that I want to play right away, and Xbox I can play on PC for the time being. :)

    Yeah that's defintiely something I've had to explain to a lot of investor types...that as potentially interesting/powerful/whatever the PS5 and XSX might be, there is a little less excitement than we'd normally expect given the initial software lineups.

  • Console Warz, 2020

    • Izuno
    • October 20, 2020 at 10:08 PM

    So....I'm a consultnat/analyst type in the space and have been for a while once I left the publisher side. I had a PS3, X360 and Wii (and a Wii-U in a box that I never opened...but thanks for sending me one, Nintendo!).

    Today I have a PS4, Xbone and a Switch. But I also have 2 kids who are now old enough to game. Hands down Switch is the best console cause of kids and the portability and 1st party games. After that PS4 is my go to. That said, I play Minecraft with both kids and we each use one console and play cross platform and it is glorious. I try to get a good Xbox game to play roughly every quarter but nothing really lasted long except for Titanfall 2 on Xbone which I finished and loved. (Of course, I could have played it on PC or PS4 but I chose Xbox One™ because I dunno just did.)

    Re. PS5 vs. XBSX....I prefer Playstation 1st party games and don't play enough of the Xbox 1st party stuff to really care, even with Bethesda in the mix and even with Xbox Game Pass which, let's face it, if you like the lineup and play a ton of games it is a great deal.

    Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn (and coming sequel) are so good on their own it's worth buying a PS4 and/or/whatever a PS5. Plus after Halo Reach I stopped caring about Halo.

  • Xbox Series S/X

    • Izuno
    • September 21, 2020 at 5:34 PM

    Oh will put a redirect to here and lock my thread.

  • MicroScrolls

    • Izuno
    • September 21, 2020 at 5:28 PM

    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-…-parent-zenimax

    Discuss.

    Go HERE to discuss instead:

  • Titanfall 2

    • Izuno
    • September 5, 2020 at 12:46 AM

    I stil think it is one of the best shooter campaign modes in recent years. Bring on TF3.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • Izuno
    • August 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM

    A lot of people heres have had some real tough stuff to deal with. So sorry for people who have lost loved ones or, say, have been in the hospital (Klein glad you are recovering from multiple things) as an example.

    By comparison we have had it easy since my wife and I are both employed, but home schooling two elementary school age kids is brutally tough, even with the "improved" distance learning that started this month compared to end of last academic year in Q2.

    Honestly I just come here to read about what's going on with familiar people that I've known (mostly virtually) for up to 15+ years. HOLY HELL mapcore is that old? Where are my reading glasses? Get those teenagers off my lawn! By garrr...it's been a while....

  • Tenet - new Nolan movie ?

    • Izuno
    • June 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM

    I am hyped for a movie again. Yay!

  • Half Life 2...more tunnels?

    • Izuno
    • April 14, 2020 at 7:18 PM

    Man that was 16ish years ago. If I recall...we were working on a new shooter game concept where the developer and the senior management on the publishing side were in a screaming match about "what makes a good FPS singeplayer campaign" and they kept talking about Medal of Honor games (recall...this was in 2003). Basically one side was "WE HAVE TO COPY TEH MOHs CAUSE LOOK 'EM SALES" and the other side was "WE NEVER MADE A SHOOTER GAME BEFORE CAN YOU CHILL A MOMENT SO WE CAN PLAN?" and the insults started flying.

    Given I was stuck in the middle of all these people I came to mapcore to chat with smarter-er people who were more pro at level design than me to get perspective. Ah...good times back then.

  • Corona Virus

    • Izuno
    • April 6, 2020 at 9:13 PM

    My friend in his 40s in Los Angeles is finally on the mend. He got a covid19 test after the fact and it came out negative but his doctor (over Skype) said he does not think the tests are as accurate as they should be in that he believes they overreport negative by a lot. It is also possible that it has been enough days since he recovered when he got tested that it should actually show up as negative.

    Meanwhile, this same friend also got a covid19 antibody test, but he was told the results would take longer by a few days to get an answer. It is possible he may indeed test negative for covid19 but positive for the antibodies, which would obviously imply he did indeed have it and has gotten over it...and hopefully immune to future infection but (again obvious) we are still early in the science on understanding all that for sure.

  • Corona Virus

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2020 at 10:20 PM

    Hey long time Mapcorians...I come back here regularly to read...much less regularly to post. I think now warrants a post:

    1) I have several people in my circle who have had this. (a) My long time JKD/Kali/Silat/BJJ instructor got it. He's in his 50s in Los Angeles suburbs and had heart valve surgery four years ago. He recovered after being on oxygen at home for 6 days. (He's got connections to people in medicine/emergency care...lucky him for not having to go into the ER). His lungs still hurt despite being designated recovered. (b) My close friend in his 40s in Los Angeles with two kids under 10 has it right now and they are debating if they should take him to the ER. He has no underlying conditions, was never a smoker. (c) Another instructor I've trained with over recent years has his own MMA and film stunts school in Vancouver got it. No underlying conditions...in his 30 and TEACHES BJJ and was a pro fighter for a while and is the toughest, healthiest person I know. He "home cared" and thought he was going to die and after 3 weeks is now mostly functional again despite still feeling very weak.

    2) My parents are old...pre-diabetic and have other conditions. I am terrified of them getting it. I ain't getting this. What if I need to help them or buy them groceries and deliver to their house? Don't want to risk infecting them.

    3) There is so little incentive to get this because you just don't know how it will affect you. Even if the death rate is 1% and heavily skews towards elderly, already sick, etc. think about the odds of needing hospitalization. Is that a 5% chance? If the odds of young, healthy person getting it and becoming a serious case is 5%...or even 2%...that does not sound that appealing.

    4) Seems like China did not fully report how serious it was and how many people died there.

    5) Shutting everything down is going to crush the economy. Not shutting everything down will cause mass infections and hospitalizations an order of magnitude(s) worse...and would then break our economy. The way to save the economy is to kill this virus. That's gonna take a while and it's going to suck. However bad you think it realistically is going to suck, there's a strong chance one way or another this is going to suck worse.

    ....not sure what else to say. I hope no one I know dies. I hope no one I know suffers...but some already have.

    I hope all of you stay safe and healthy and are able to work and maintain a living. Being in the games industry is a lot better than working in event planning or restaurants or etc etc. Count your blessings if you can.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • January 8, 2020 at 4:11 AM
    Quote from [HP]

    On 1/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, [HP] said: Loved the first one, watched it twice already. Perfect stoner movie too! xD

    I actually watched it not stoned yet still thoroughly enjoyed. Perhaps I should watch the second one.

  • Half-Life Alyx

    • Izuno
    • November 21, 2019 at 9:04 PM

    Very happy about this. Too bad all forms of VR make me want to puke. Gameplay looks great otherwise. Bravo!

  • Star Wars

    • Izuno
    • October 22, 2019 at 5:37 PM

    Latest:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Jedi Knight II coming to PS4/Switch

    • Izuno
    • September 6, 2019 at 7:31 PM

    https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/4/20850…nintendo-direct


    Quote

    Quote Nintendo announced an impressive number of surprises during Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct event, but one of the most unexpected was re-releases of Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 - Jedi Outcast[/i] and Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy[/i] on Nintendo Switch. The games are also on their way to PlayStation 4, according to an article on the official Star Wars website.

    Jedi Outcast[/i] will be released on Sept. 24, and there’s not much else to add outside of the fact that this is one of the best Star Wars action games ever created, and it’s certainly not a title you’d expect to randomly get a new life on Switch. Jedi Academy[/i] will follow in early 2020, including multiplayer battles courtesy of Aspyr Media. The Switch versions of both titles will support motion-controlled aiming with the Joy-Cons.

    ...and you can read more details in the article. OMG SO PUMPED!!!

  • Zelda: BotW - Open World level design

    • Izuno
    • September 6, 2019 at 7:27 PM

    Thanks for sharing!

  • Doom Eternal

    • Izuno
    • August 28, 2019 at 8:41 PM

    Sorta on topic,

    I recently bought Doom II on Switch for $5 because WTF I am in the mood for Doom while taking a dump.

    Pure rubbish. Game is constantly disconnecting from Bethesda.net and is un-fucking-playable.

    Pure shit.


    ..........and then they patched it. All is well.

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • Izuno
    • June 28, 2019 at 10:19 PM

    https://www.pcgamer.com/gabe-newell-dr…h-party-speech/

    Gabe talking about Index...read on from article quote below:

    Quote

    Quote Newell said that the launch of the Index represents a beginning, not an end, and someday down the road everyone involved in the process will "look back and realize the consequences of what you've built with your creativity and your hard work." He also talked about Valve's plans for the future of the headset, which range from practical short-term goals like lowered cost and improved international distribution (the Index still isn't available in Canada, for instance) to more "speculative" aspirations such as ideas for an untethered Index (the current setup has lots of wires), "revolutionary things" for the display and optical technology, and improved tracking.

    And in the midst of all that, the obligatory wisecrack: "Half-Life led to Half-Life 2, Source led to Source 2, the experiments with did with Team Fortress 2 are what enabled us to build Dota. Artifact is the reason we're able to do Underlords," he said. "Maybe someday, the number two will lead us to that shiny integer glowing on the mountain someplace."

    Not exactly confirmed, I guess, but credit to Newell for at least acknowledging the humor of the Half-Life 3 situation, rather than pretending that none of it ever happened.

  • Dying Light 2

    • Izuno
    • June 15, 2019 at 7:28 PM

    Yeah the demo in the booth showed ~ 35 minutes of playtime.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™