1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Izuno

Posts by Izuno

  • Xbox One

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    Quote

    ' timestamp='1367301336' post='330923']Hey dude, if that post is aimed towards my comment, you should know that I own all current gen consoles, and still buy games for all of them. The fact that I favor PS3 over the Xbox does'nt make me a raging fanboy, and doesn't mean I want Microsoft Gaming division to go out of business. lol

    As a game developer, all I want is for ALL platforms and developers alike to thrive and success, with that being said, I'm still entitled to my personal preferences and again, favoring something doesn't necessarily makes him/her a fanboy!

    If it isn't... disregard this post!

    No...it was not. You actually said you are not an Xbox fan. That is completely different than saying "Microsoft needs to die" because you are honest and have logical reasoning behind it which is totally respectable. The fanboy is an illogical douche who needs attention and has low self esteem.

    But on topic:

    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/154439-…-killer-feature That is really cool. With my current console setup in my office, I don't see how that would work but if cheap enough I would totally try it. I like how they showed not just shooters and action games. Would actually be really cool with cartoony Nintendo or LEGO games as well. FFTWF!

  • Xbox One

    • Izuno
    • April 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM

    1) I read the stuff on Kotaku today about Respawn's "Titan" MP-only game as a launch window exclusive on next Xbox, possibly on 360 as well. I haven't looked yet for corroboration because I've been at a conference all day and am totally exhausted. http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-x…ve-so-484785241

    /start rant:

    2) Today at the Digital Hollywood conference in LA after a panel I was on, someone came up to me after said panel and for some odd reason started talking to me about the next Xbox and how much they hated Microsoft and the Xbox brand and wanted to see it fail and go out of business. He worked in mobile F2P games for a larger publisher that, yes, also publishes cross platform console games. The guy just unloaded his opinion on me, sort of passive aggressive nerd rage...ALL because I was "a gaming person" on some boring panel about monetization in digital media. Because assault is immoral and illegal I did NOT punch this douche in the face. But goddam it was tempting.

    So, here's a public service announcement...

    I know personally many people hate [insert your hated console / platform name here] but anyone in gaming should want all major platforms to be successful. The more viable platforms there are the more jobs for developers and everyone else. A rising tide raises all ships and provides more jobs, higher salaries. If you work in this industry, really think hard about the platform hatred you observe from colleagues. Question them on it. Any person who works in gaming and wants an entire platform to die because they think it will somehow save their ass in the long run needs to work in another industry.

    tl;dr version: fanboyism is the suq.

    /end rant...time for sleep.

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • April 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    Quote from xfckup

    Wonder if this is real, Level Designer friend at IW doesn't talk about anything at all...

    One of the other dads at my kid's preschool is a design lead at IW...never says shit either (though I know not to ask) but he does wear a MW2, MW3, IW or other type of T-shirt LITERALLY EVERY DAY. Maybe there is a rule about M3 drivers required to wear shirts of one theme only.

  • LEGO Tower of Orthanc

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM

    If you hate LEGO and you hate LotR, this may be the stupidest thing ever. If you love both, I present to you:

    http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013/04/…wer-of-orthanc/

    [Blocked Image: http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/10237_box3_na-3-843x1024.jpg]

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM

    I said "epic looking set pieces" ... I did not say the game was epic or the story was epic. That's becoming a meaningless term in some ways. I just literally meant some of the set pieces or moments in the game were trying to have an epic look/feel to them. I found those attempts somewhat entertaining. That is all.

  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

    • Izuno
    • April 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    I'd like to make snarky comments too, but I'm probably gonna get suckered into buying it...again

    To me, CoD serves a purpose: give me roughly 6 hours of highly scripted, highly polished, decently voice acted shooting gallery gameplay with some epic looking set pieces. Is it worth $60 to me? That's a tougher call for me every year. But do I like to play such a game? Sure. On the plus side, it's only six hours long (sp anyway) thus it doesn't take me 50 hours to beat the campaign. And i found Blops2 zombie mode kind of fun. Wish they would do more with that but then you're making a second campaign and that gets real expensive...

    CoD isn't the only type of game I like, but it is ONE of the games I like. If the game is good in comparison to Blops2 I'll get it. If it is like CoD:Blops Declassified on Vita which was a fucking disaster (no offense, those involved), no...won't be getting it.

    :giggity:

  • THQ files for bankruptcy

    • Izuno
    • April 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

    Update:

    http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/22/nor…ssets-for-4-9m/

    Nordic Games paid $4.9 million and gets:

    - Red Faction

    - Darksiders

    - MX vs ATV

    - Destroy All Humans!

    - Marvel Super Hero Squad

    - Supreme Commander

    - misc

    Gearbox Software paid $1.3 million and gets:

    - Homeworld

    505 Games paid $300,000 and gets;

    - Drawn to Life

    Good luck, acquiring companies.

  • Leviathan: Warships

    • Izuno
    • April 18, 2013 at 6:24 AM

    This might be the best game trailer I've seen in years.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Man of Steel (Superman)

    • Izuno
    • April 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM

    Good trailer.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • Izuno
    • April 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM

    I never judge Game of Thrones purely by how much action, but rather the evolution of the characters. Last night's episode was excellent...and then the end

    Quote

    WHA DAH FUHHHH!???!?!?!?

  • Francis...didn't see this coming

    • Izuno
    • April 12, 2013 at 7:03 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • AMD Ruby Project

    • Izuno
    • April 11, 2013 at 5:44 AM

    curious...was this implemented in Tomb Raider in the console version? I thought the game looked great, though the frame rate sure dropped on PS3 at times.

  • The Real Problem with Metacritic - Sessler views

    • Izuno
    • April 10, 2013 at 6:09 PM

    I deal with this issue all the time with both developers and publishers.

    If you look at average sales of console games in most genres and compare all games with metacritic scores 90+ against all games with 80 to 89 scores to all games with 70 to 79 scores etc...then yeah, the average sales in the 90+ range are highest, followed by average sales of games in the 80s and so forth.

    But then the correlations of review scores to unit sales (again, talking console games where we have reasonably good data) rarely are above 60% and usually much lower, but the genres where it's highest (like T & M rated RPGs on 360/PS3) it gets a little higher, but that's because you have megahits like Skyrim stretching out the scatter plot and making the correlation increase.

    But beyond that, in meetings with suits where they talk about metacritic scores of past games as a guide for what kind of game to greenlight I have to constantly bring up examples of games that scored well but sold poorly or scored poorly and sold well to try to get them to understand it is so much more complicated than a linear regression and a number.

    Drives me crazy sometimes, but then again I often get paid to explain this to suits so they can sit down, shut up and think through WITH their developer about the game rather than cite some bullshit regression model.

  • DE_GWALIOR

    • Izuno
    • April 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM

    really like that artwork. I haven't played but the map looks nice. I should fire up CS...been tooooo long.

  • Oculus Rift

    • Izuno
    • April 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM

    That is pretty damn cool. Lots of possibilities come to mind but especially the potential for new interest in adventure / exploration games.

  • Disney closes LucasArts

    • Izuno
    • April 4, 2013 at 5:28 AM

    This just keeps getting better and better.

  • Disney closes LucasArts

    • Izuno
    • April 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

    I'm sure everything Disney has in store for everything that was/is/couldhavebeen Lucasfilm and Lucasarts related will (on paper) delight Disney shareholders in investor meetings and in sizzle reels, such as shutting down Lucasarts.

    But otherwise, the writing indeed was on the wall.

  • Tomb Raider

    • Izuno
    • April 3, 2013 at 6:26 AM

    pi out of 3.3 izunicles.

  • half life 2 episdoe three on steam

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM

    And then this http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=10307

  • Tomb Raider

    • Izuno
    • April 1, 2013 at 7:24 AM

    I'm much further in...presumably near the end, and I have to say this is becoming one of my favorite games from the past few years, possibly in my top 5 of console games from the this generation. Yeah I found some minor bugs, but nothing that really upset me and the QTE aren't bothering me anymore. It's the sum of all little things in this game that I really like, so I applaud it no sarcasm.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™