1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Marcos

Posts by Marcos

  • De_forlorn WIP

    • Marcos
    • April 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM

    Really like the clean oldschool look here! Reminds me of the old de_prodigy. Do you have the layout done?

  • [CS:GO] de_unknown (name to change)

    • Marcos
    • April 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM

    Hello!

    Judging by the vent props you placed in T-spawn, the map looks very small? If so, I think the chocke-points and general feel of the map will be cramped. It also makes it a bit too easy to rotate around the map for both sides.

    The middle corridor just east of CT-spawn looks too "powerful". CTs can guard both bombsites from this location and easily rotate from A to B (or B to A) . Try to redesign it, maybe delete the connecting path in the middle?

    I like the idea behind the train though. But I would consider making the train rails from north to south so it lines up with the bombsites, making it more rational to have the bombsites there in the process.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Marcos
    • January 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM

    Now I feel sad..

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Marcos
    • January 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM

    Working on the transition between hi-tech and rustic, but im having a hard time detailing the floor infront with something interesting..

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Marcos
    • December 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

    Unbelievable work there Philip, your creativity is mind-blowing! I realy dig how it all fits together even though there is so much contrast in the scene.

    I started a little cs:source map since I got alot of spare time now. Layout is done, but I redid the whole look because I want to incoporate Phil's texturepacks into it.

    Dont know if it will be do-able because of it's sci-fi look but im trying the whole "secret government research lab" cliché.

    Pic shows T-spawn which is a bunker/sever system. It's the first compile and clearly the env_sprites turned out shit

  • SimCity V

    • Marcos
    • December 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

    Sadly, Norwegian isn't a major international hit yet. Gamesexpo right?

    Im very hyped for this game, even though I have never played any SimCity for more than 15 min in the past. But all the media for this new one looks awesome.

    Hope they fix those issues you mentioned Skjalg, that didn't sound very nice

  • Torchlight II - Blunder Of The Century Edition

    • Marcos
    • September 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM

    3?

    tried to understand your satement, but i gave up. can someone translate?

  • Diablo 3

    • Marcos
    • June 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    Quote from Zombie

    I ended up writing my thoughts on the forums if any one interesting in reading it.http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5745444985

    The problem with those forums is if you write anything constructive it's answered by 12yr olds

    To compare your rings, hold the alt key to see the other one

  • Diablo 3

    • Marcos
    • May 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM

    Very true Taylor, I did actualy change my build to something very similar yesterday. Now I wont be instagibbed atleast

  • Diablo 3

    • Marcos
    • May 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

    Been playing monk through normal, nightmare and now act 3 hell. The game def becomes better and better the higher the difficulty.

    The only problem is that monk stands out to be such a weak character. You cant do tanking and taking damage like a barb, and you def cant do range, so you are stuck with going in doing some strikes and move way out again. And with all the fucked up combos the elites got its almost impossible.

    To move on, my gear has to be much better and that means one thing. Grindfest. Which im not very keen on

  • Diablo 3

    • Marcos
    • May 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM

    Downloading now. Havent played any Diablo game before (just this beta), but i fkn love the setting and feeling of the game.

    Mucho exited!

  • SimCity V

    • Marcos
    • April 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM

    Its economics made fun

    looks mighty cool!

  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    • Marcos
    • January 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM

    Was about to say the same. It does realy look like Oblivion with some gfx mods.. Too bad they didnt use iDTech for this!

    Though faces and body's looks way much better now, I wonder how the animations are going to be like. Beth has much to improve in both modeling and animation department. Textures will be replaced by mods anyway

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Marcos
    • July 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM

    how is that possible in source? insane man!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Marcos
    • June 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM

    haha awesome mate! I remember the incident and that I saw you walking around with that eyepatch, felt sorry for you there mate.

    Man CSS was a shitty place though.. Who was your LF?

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Marcos
    • June 30, 2010 at 9:23 AM

    Haha yeah I did! But how does all this fit together? You were there as conscript?

    edit: I just did one year in fsk and said cya to the army after that. now im studiying

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Marcos
    • June 30, 2010 at 1:12 AM

    For me: no, it was a realy quite period when I was down there and luckly there where few losses for the ISAF force in total. Though I could count on two hands how many times the flag was not flagged at half-staff. Since I was in a SOF unit, some of the other guys had been trough some hairy shit though (i was just new) and there are some insane stories from afghan heh.. maybe we will see them in the new MoH

    and those mags, in a full contact, would last about 15 min

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Marcos
    • June 29, 2010 at 11:11 PM

    hehe sorry n8braker, all footage from my unit is classified :/

    e-freak: no not at all, theres around 500 soldiers avarage. Most in north and some around Kabul!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Marcos
    • June 29, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    Quote from Marcos

    HI, i'm foxtrot 2 bravo!

    should say that this is from afghan, and it's from 2009, not 2010 sry

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Marcos
    • June 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM

    Thanks mate! You have a good point there! Looking back at it, all those lights look silly, I'll try to do some changes tonight. I'm still stuck in 2004 so im trying to figure out the lighting mistery of source.. Are there ANY lighting parameters you can use to get a bit more exiting result? As we could in the old days?


    Yeah this macro exam realy makes me do everything else except reading.. I even installed Morrowind again D;

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™