Quote from n8braker+1!
aye...I must agree. I don't even know why I'm still here but I can't not check mapcore every few days (or sometimes embarrassingly every day :x).
Quote from n8braker+1!
aye...I must agree. I don't even know why I'm still here but I can't not check mapcore every few days (or sometimes embarrassingly every day :x).
So I take it that young people acknowledge that this social atmosphere exists whereas older people see it as more of a fact of life? I guess what I'm asking is are the younger people actively trying to modify this aspect of Scandinavian culture or are they comfortable with the kind of community it creates? The only thing I can compare it to in the US is conservativism, the way my father or grandfather might go off on a "back in my day" rant.
What country do you live in sentura? Why were you raised differently? Why weren't your parents ostracized for teaching different values? Do many of your peers feel the same way? Does "getting somewhere where people can't get to you" mean anything besides a disparity in wealth?
I don't remember the specifics of the hardware but over 2 years ago I spent $1000 on a PC that still runs every game I've thrown at it with max settings. Just Cause 2, Crysis, Mass Effect 1&2. I used it as a digital audio workstation for almost a year as a hackintosh running Reason/Logic studio pro. Not to mention I'm running all this on a 30" display in 2560x1600 resolution and a 22" 1680x1050.
Hardware as I remember is:
Intel Q6600 quad core processor
Geforce 8800GTS
8GB ram (don't remember specifics)
2TB (1 TB x 2)
I'm sure you could buy all the parts in my PC for less than $500 today. If I ever do need to upgrade in the future I probably will buy from a company like Dell. Even mid level hardware can max out most software these days. Why spend an extra $500 for bragging rights when I can have a 3 year warranty instead.
Only the end of repo man is really sci fi like but it's definitely low budget.
One of the most hilarious movies I've seen in a long time. I find it hard to believe this scene didn't influence pulp fiction, especially knowing Quentin Tarantino is a cult film guru:
I'm Italian and I live in an area with lots of Italian Americans. If anyone perpetuates the stereotype they do.
Not trying to be a troll but how is this different than WOW? I never played Diablo II and only played WOW up to like level 50.
I think it's an interesting idea but one bad accident or fatality due to negligence would quickly end the experiment.
The law does need to put more faith in its citizens but I don't think you need to remove all laws to achieve that.
Droid 2 I think
I just played the demo too and I think the reason all the cars drive like that is because they're supposed to be faithful to the huge hulking all metal cars of 1930-1950. Unfortunately this historical accuracy doesn't really translate to good driving in a video game.
I've played pro cs and I'd much rather watch people play RTS games like starcraft.
happened to me a few times too. luckily the server history stays intact so you're not completely shit out of luck. since you haven't connected to any 1.6 servers before seems that you are ![]()
Do the younger generations like that aspect of their culture or are they actively trying to change it? I actually think the lagom idea sounds pretty good. Makes me wonder what Swedish people think of Ingvar Kamprad.
(again, not judging, hope it doesn't seem that way)
So what happens if someone does something good or accomplishes something? Is the celebrated person expected to be super humble? I'm not saying that's not a good trait to have but I mean I get the feeling celebrities in Scandinavia have to metaphorically throw out their fan mail ![]()
I'm still curious though is this attitude present today or is it more a relic of your parents generation.
I was doing some random wikipedia browsing and came across this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jante_Law
I know a lot of you are from Scandinavia and was curious how true it is. It says the original novel was written in 1933 so I'm guessing some things have changed? I don't think it's necessary a bad or good thing I just find it interesting. If it is true do you think it's a feature or a flaw?
I just remembered - gunbound.
Soldat was fun though I might have to reinstall that.
What was the name of that asian game that was just like worms and took over this genre for a while? It was multiplayer and super customizable.
Warby I think my misunderstanding is a cultural one. Most people in the US don't know that popular fairy tales started out the way you described them. I only learned about it in college and found it really interesting. It would be like if someone told you Barbie dolls were originally manufactured to be used as weapons.
I could see how growing up being told fairy tales in a moral context would suck but I think it would suck even more to have parents who would do that to their children. Fairy tales make really good fiction and most good games rely on good fiction. The Assassins Creed storyline, especially the characters and architecture in 2, relied heavily on Christianity.
Quote from Warbybrothers grimm ... red riding hood .... someone needs to tell this guy that FAIRY TALES SUCK ASS and have ZERO APPEAL to people ... anti appeal even id say i would purposefully stay away form something if i know its based on a fairytale !
FUCK YEAH!!! I mean that genre doesn't even have guns or a world war!! What a joke!
Quote from n8brakerme in italy doing some drugs:[Blocked Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs224.snc4/38550_1439109991027_1631350277_1044302_6482353_n.jpg]
totally fell in love with italy btw. love the attitude, the mountains, beaches and desolate places.
Now that is how you wear a hat.
http://www.designersnotebook.com/Design ... tabase.htm
I found this yesterday and read the whole thing straight through. The articles were written between 2004-2007 but I couldn't find an existing thread with the word "twinkie" in it so hopefully this is new to at least some people.