1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Steam, any game, server browser won't refresh

  • dux
  • August 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM
  • dux
    • August 4, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    • #1

    Seriously what the cheese. I've decided to start playing some cs 1.6, cs:s and some tf2 again as I'm bored outta my skull. But guess what! No matter what I try, the server list won't refresh 90% of the time. If I'm lucky enough to have it refresh on me, I can't actually join a server or view the server info tab. I've looked at the steam forums and notice this happens to a fair few other people with some managing to fix it. I've tried the fixes and naff all works. Does this happen to any of you? This has never happened before and the only things that are different are my OS (win 7 64) and a different router. It may be the router but I don't see how as there have been no problems with anything else other than this.

  • Skacky
    • August 4, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    • #2

    Yes it happens to me very often. I can however join a game from the friends window, but the server browser won't work.

    I thought it was because of my crappy connection, but seems like it's not.

  • Duff-e
    • August 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM
    • #3

    happened to me a few times too. luckily the server history stays intact so you're not completely shit out of luck. since you haven't connected to any 1.6 servers before seems that you are

  • Minos
    • August 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    • #4
    Quote from Duff-e

    happened to me a few times too. luckily the server history stays intact so you're not completely shit out of luck. since you haven't connected to any 1.6 servers before seems that you are

    Yep. I always use server history, cause it only refreshes the servers that really matters to me.

    Steam has been really crappy and unstable since the UI update... damn mac people [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • skdr
    • August 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    • #5
    Quote from Minotauro

    Steam has been really crappy and unstable since the UI update... damn mac people [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_e…t_shakehead.gif]

    Haha, what?

    Anyway, I think it's a router issue and you need to open some UDP ports from our router.

    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -GLVN-8711

    If this is not helping, try disabling some third party virus/firewall software if you have any and try again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™