1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Duff-e

Posts by Duff-e

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • August 7, 2009 at 2:07 AM

    you know why it's a better machine? cause in nyc I can go to 3 different stores and have virtually any part of my laptop fixed for free in about 15 minutes while getting to check out dozens of gorgeous mac owning fashion models.

    I don't get people when it comes to the PC/mac thing. Everything else in the world people pay a premium for design because they appreciate the aesthetic appeal and it's not a problem. Also, final cut pro and logic are two pieces of world class software for their respective professions. Seeing as how the future is "in the cloud" I don't understand why you WOULDN'T buy a mac. So you can play the latest game at 60 FPS with max settings? Have fun with your 13 lbs and 2 hours of battery. Did I mention any mac can flawlessly dual boot windows with bootcamp (preinstalled) anyway?

    I don't even have a macbook anymore, I use my main pc as mac pro and I love it. It's so much more straight forward. When I was working as a network administrator I was responsible for 2 all mac/xserver environments. Best. experience. ever. Seriously that whole office had maybe 1 problem a month, everything else was just adding new users. At least half the point of owning a mac is the OS itself, not that you can get 2.8 ghz instead of 2.4 for $300 less. The entire filesystem and the way you can see, move, install, remove ANYTHING and not have to worry about dll's, registry entries, shortcuts is just amazing. Everything is exactly where you would expect it to be. What windows user profiles with documents and settings tries to be is what mac IS. I don't think I ever had to go outside of a users home directory to fix an issue. Unlike windows where I now have 40 command line strings memorized to do what cant be done through the GUI in 2009. I could really go on and on about this point...dashboard, spaces, stacks, so many things that are not only intuitive but are just downright cool.

    But then I guess if people can't type ping -t http://www.google.com at the command line they wont feel like 12 year old hackers and be able impress their friends

  • Feelgood anime

    • Duff-e
    • August 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM

    hahaha I showed this to someone a while back and they started tearing up

    pansy

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Duff-e
    • July 31, 2009 at 4:32 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    only problem with this scene is that such an awesome song can never be used again unless with a shit ton of irony

  • Game Design Improvement Talk

    • Duff-e
    • July 29, 2009 at 9:21 AM

    damn. indentation, bullet points, numbering, structure. you need to work it out.

  • Nostalgia - Old mods

    • Duff-e
    • July 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://tonih.planethalflife.gamespy.com/maps/ps_upham/ps_upham001.jpg]

    firearms was fun

    what was that HL mod where you could slow down time with powerups? was that specialists? that was cool for a bit.

  • Personalities (MBTI)

    • Duff-e
    • July 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM

    MBTI relies a lot on confirmation bias IMO

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

  • Underrated Games

    • Duff-e
    • July 24, 2009 at 7:17 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.breakitdownblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/soldier_of_fortune_2.jpg]

    I think I remember SOF2 multiplayer being pretty decent too...but yeah you can't beat those exploding limbs

  • Brazilian taggers

    • Duff-e
    • July 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM

    I can kinda see where barrakid is coming from. I can't wait till 70 years from now when NYC connects with its "cultural diversity" and intentionally skins the train cars with graffiti.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.fatcap.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/subway-graffiti.jpg]

  • Underrated Games

    • Duff-e
    • July 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM

    haha mazy thats awesome

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/die_hard_trilogy_front.jpg]

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/psx/02/trash.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://195.224.149.148/SB/Fighting_Force.jpg]

    playstation was my first REAL console...where I just played every game I could possibly get my hands on...subscribed to magazines and got free sampler cd's etc..I had SNES and genesis when they came out but I think I was too young to have discriminating taste

  • Underrated Games

    • Duff-e
    • July 23, 2009 at 8:24 AM

    jurassic park lost work WAS awesome...good memories

    [Blocked Image: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/playstation-games/330-1.jpg]

    was fun, don't know if it was underrated...but I was the only person I knew playing it

    [Blocked Image: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/playstation-games/187-1.jpg]

    I was looking for a different car game where you could crash into anything and the more you destroyed the more points you got. the cover had a yellow pickup truck with black pinstripes. anyway, this came up and brought back good memories, though definitely not underrated. I probably spent more time driving in the wrong direction in this game than any other.

    [Blocked Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_h327jbSGoh0/SVHVVREC-uI/AAAAAAAAFFk/JwgCTXZoYrA/s400/shenmue.jpg]

    not underrated but definitely under-appreciated I think. I've yet to talk to a single "video game buff" irl who heard of shenmue. maybe cause it was on dreamcast?

  • Personalities (MBTI)

    • Duff-e
    • July 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

    while I agree that in a very general sort of way it seems to make sense, the myers-briggs type indicator is very iffy. check out http://%7boption%7d and http://%7boption%7d. They're both awesome blogs about personality and rationality bias. If you search them for MBTI you get a lot of good articles with interesting comments.

    edit: oh and I'm ENTJ ;D...about 2 years ago some students were doing free analysis in the hall and I volunteered

  • Brazilian taggers

    • Duff-e
    • July 21, 2009 at 8:10 PM

    it's definitely ugly but you can't say those kids don't have balls of steel.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Duff-e
    • July 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM

    I have those headphones. Aural sex for real.

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • July 3, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    Quote

    I also think its funny how you dig into the media hype now about his death (what is there to not believe btw?) but claim that he probably molested kids (like that wasnt a media frenzy/hype).

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • July 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM

    lol he's been a popular solo artist since the early 1970's. I think 40 years is a respectable time period to become a pop icon.

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • July 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM

    You should really read what you're writing. No one is telling you to like MJ....but to suggest that the death of the 4th highest selling act in the world of all time is some "media fad" is pretty ridiculous.

    The guy is versatile enough to let a 4 year old dance to and be on a GTA soundtrack. You don't think people think of ABBA the way you do of MJ? It's just preference deal with it.

    http://%7boption%7d I mean come on.

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • July 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    Quote

    Without the big show, costumes and dancing he never would have had that huge impact on pop culture.

    lol...cause you didn't just describe abba right there...and I agree MJ is much bigger than ABBA

    steppenwolf obviously you don't like his music but I think you need to step back and read what you're writing. MJ pretty much ran a decade of mainstream culture. we're not talking britney spears mainstream culture which is 16 and under or kanye west which has a pretty specific audience/demographic. think about how diverse the pool of artists that cite MJ as an influence are.

    not your style, fine, but come on.

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • July 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM

    shitting on pop music is fine but I don't think MJ falls into that same generic pop genre...dude was a force...even if you don't like his music, videos like thriller and beat it are hard to top.

    I mean who watches beat it and doesn't want a leather jacket, baseball bat or butterfly knife for christmas.

  • Arma II Appreciation Station

    • Duff-e
    • June 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM

    wow I never even heard of this game before but...

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    so awesome

  • R.I.P MJ!

    • Duff-e
    • June 26, 2009 at 11:06 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/preeto_f31/moonwalk1.gif]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™