1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Thrik

Posts by Thrik

  • Why is this forum so Goddamned dead?

    • Thrik
    • June 9, 2005 at 6:49 PM

    It's all frame by frame, although I was able to use tweening for the actual physical movement of the birds and clouds in the sky -- I still did their wing movements frame by frame though, which was fairly simple.

    I can't wait for next year of the course where 3D animation is focused on rather than 2D. The latter is fun and all, but it isn't half a pain in the arse at times due to there being no perspective.

  • Why is this forum so Goddamned dead?

    • Thrik
    • June 9, 2005 at 5:08 PM

    It's not supposed to be funny, it's learning to do frame by frame animation at a reasonably fluid pace~ since the Thrik is not too hot at it yet.

    That in itself took ages, making a funny wasn't really on the top of my mind while making it. Though I still need to do twice the length I've got already to satisfy college. :(

  • Why is this forum so Goddamned dead?

    • Thrik
    • June 8, 2005 at 11:27 PM

    You'd think there'd be more 2D forum activity around these parts.

    Here, have a little WIP animation I'm working on for reasons you shall discover.. one day.

    http://www.garry.tv/thrik/ballanimation.php

    No idea how to continue the.. uh.. plot.. from here. There's also no sound yet. I've mainly just spent a ridiculous amount of time getting to grips with animating frame by frame in Flash.

    Post more threads.

  • hi

    • Thrik
    • June 5, 2005 at 11:17 PM

    What?

  • Nintendo Verus The World

    • Thrik
    • June 5, 2005 at 2:40 PM

    http://www.buzzcut.com/article.php?stor ... 3122342247

  • How about alittle Desktop thread ?

    • Thrik
    • June 4, 2005 at 11:58 PM

    You talk about confusing, which indicates compexity, and yet you use Windows Blinds? Did you know that Windows XP has totally built-in theme support, and no third-party (usually ad-filled) software is necessary at all? All you need is a slightly modified theme dll, which removes the "must be made by Microsoft" requirement.

    Anyway, LiteStep is not confusing at all. I've been using it for years, and have found it to very easy to work with. I also enjoy the additional functionality such as multiple workspace set-ups, and the ability to browse my whole HD through the start menu interface. Useful for quickly grabbing something.

  • "We want more!"

    • Thrik
    • June 4, 2005 at 11:56 PM

    http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101, ... _tophead_2

  • Groundbreaking Revolution!

    • Thrik
    • June 3, 2005 at 2:30 PM

    Haha. Cheapest Photoshoppery evr~ It's not up to the believability of my past efforts.

    Come on though, my marketing blurb, feature list and name for the console are both excellent. Nintendo really should be paying me for the usage of those.

  • How about alittle Desktop thread ?

    • Thrik
    • June 3, 2005 at 4:59 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/desktop03062005thumb.jpg]

    Click for the MegaSize version.

  • Groundbreaking Revolution!

    • Thrik
    • June 3, 2005 at 4:53 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.garry.tv/thrik/nintendoleakmirror.jpg]

  • prey vid

    • Thrik
    • June 1, 2005 at 4:50 PM

    Them getting slaughtered? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mentally unbalanced by it -- that's why I said only a little disturbing. It's certainly more impactful than the usual "kill zombies, men getting killed and jumping out at you D:!" routine though. I'd like to see more stuff like that.

  • prey vid

    • Thrik
    • June 1, 2005 at 2:24 PM

    That little kids bit was a little disturbing, and I suspect there's probably far worse than that since they showed this in the trailer. However, with gamers becoming fairly desensitized to the generic scares which horror games throw out, they need to start using more taboo subjects like this to actually leave people walking away from the game feeling a little "D:".

  • prey vid

    • Thrik
    • May 31, 2005 at 4:22 PM

    Well, whatever the case, all I know is that these games with 3DR slapped on the box have a hilarious habit of being great. ;D!!1

  • prey vid

    • Thrik
    • May 31, 2005 at 1:08 PM

    God, that looks great. I particularly like the usage of portals and gravity adjustment type stuff. Funnily enough, one of the only other games I've seen that in recently is Psychonauts, of all games.

    But man, looks great. I've always admired 3D Realms, and their ability to create fairly fresh and exciting games in a generally monotonous genre. The visuals also look bloody great, and they've clearly stretched the D3 engine a lot if that is indeed what they're using.

  • GOD. Spore. GOD.

    • Thrik
    • May 27, 2005 at 9:25 PM

    The game is supposedly slated to release late 2006, so I'd imagine that the game will progress a hell of a lot from what we've seen tonight. More advanced visuals is probably an obvious one, but I imagine that they'll increase the amount of stuff you can just generally do and build considerably.

    I really can't wait.

  • GOD. Spore. GOD.

    • Thrik
    • May 26, 2005 at 10:37 PM

    http://www.pqhp.com/cmp/gdctv/aa16-wrig ... r1.htm?300

    GOD. If you're hardcore, you'll watch it all. And be impressed.

    ps: If this has been posted before, you need to title your threads better.

  • Miss Universe 2005

    • Thrik
    • May 26, 2005 at 1:49 AM
    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://www.missuniverse.com/delegates/2005/images/swim/BG.jpg]

    Kind of resembles an anorexic Britney Spears.

  • E3 Babe pics

    • Thrik
    • May 22, 2005 at 3:37 AM
    Quote

    [Blocked Image: http://e3.hype.se/bild/1207.jpg]

    :) :)

  • RUST

    • Thrik
    • May 20, 2005 at 1:50 AM

    What? A community other than Mapcore?

    Get the fuck out.

  • Playstation 3 DROOL!

    • Thrik
    • May 18, 2005 at 5:56 PM
    Quote from D3adlode

    I was reading the paper on the way to work this morning and it reckons that the technical specifications are 10x more powerful than that of modern PCs yet it only has 256mb of RAM

    Playstation 2 has 32mb of RAM, and a 300MHz processor.

    Xbox 1 has 64mb of RAM, and a 733MHz processor.

    Considering what the aforementioned consoles manage to produce with such weak specifications (if you think in PC terms), I don't think that this new generation will have any problems creating ridiculously good imagery. As GrayFox said, you cannot compare PC specifications directly to consoles.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™