1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Thrik

Posts by Thrik

  • Your username/nick

    • Thrik
    • August 30, 2006 at 10:00 PM

    I don't know if you realise this but "nexus" is a real word, Nexus.

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=nexus

  • Half-Life: The Movie

    • Thrik
    • August 30, 2006 at 6:33 PM

    Yeah it's obviously not real. Still cool and done well, though.

  • Your username/nick

    • Thrik
    • August 30, 2006 at 11:24 AM

    They fused into one.

  • Your username/nick

    • Thrik
    • August 30, 2006 at 12:24 AM

    In Tribes 2 it was a bit of a fad for people to write lame fanfic for their ingame profiles. I followed suit, and the Thriks were some shit group of enemies or something I came up with. I was 13.

    A few weeks later I realised the fad was indeed lame, but decided to take my superb name creation on for my nickname. And that's how it's remained for the last five years.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Thrik
    • August 29, 2006 at 6:51 PM

    I am British we all have terrible teeth remember.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Thrik
    • August 29, 2006 at 5:52 PM

    I updated my blog photo, maybe you pervs will enjoy it. I look shocked and amazed because I'm in the bathroom looking at my naked mother.

    http://www.ryansgoblog.com/images/ryanbig.jpg

  • Pirating Games

    • Thrik
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:07 PM

    Yes hessi I agree, those free weekends are awesome. It's only really popular thanks to Steam too, since otherwise people'd be hacking the files like mother fuckers to get it free permanently. Another reason I'm a fan of Steam.

  • Pirating Games

    • Thrik
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:06 PM

    Huh, Bic-B@ll? I admit that Photoshop is still something that lies on my OS illegally, but I'm planning to get CS3 properly once it eventually comes. Same goes for my OS itself.

  • Pirating Games

    • Thrik
    • August 28, 2006 at 11:29 AM

    I guess that's the point of demos though. Any game that doesn't have a demo is just asking to be warezed.

    I know I've based more than a few of my purchase decisions off of gameplay. Battlefield 2 is one.

  • Pirating Games

    • Thrik
    • August 28, 2006 at 9:58 AM

    I used to warez a lot, but for some reason I don't like doing it anymore. That goes for all software really, not just games.

    Maybe I like the feeling of actually owning something and not having to do the crack hunt/etc, and then do the same again when they update/patch the software. I don't know. I just feel better when I own stuff properly, as if there's less weight on my shoulders.

    I know what you mean though. I was in school when I did most of my warezing and of course couldn't afford to buy stuff. Now I'm old enough to work and pay for stuff I don't see it as excusable in the same way anymore. If I'd spent my time working on something I'd want paying for it too.

  • Company of Heroes

    • Thrik
    • August 26, 2006 at 1:15 AM

    I think the Windows branding is a good idea. Sure it'll obviously help highlight whether it's a console or PC game, but it'll also help for differentiating between Windows and OS X games and stuff, possibly even Linux, since sometimes telling the difference isn't the most intuitive thing ever. It's also kind of future proofing the system just in case OS X gaming ever takes off properly (a new graphics framework or some shit is said to make developing OS X-compatible games easier next year).

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 26, 2006 at 1:12 AM

    I doubt my computer will even run it until I upgrade, which will be next spring I think.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 25, 2006 at 8:10 AM

    Pyro was great fun if you felt like being the most irritating person on the server.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 25, 2006 at 6:29 AM

    No proper Pyro part either. Maybe they're still tweaking the deadly infection needle animation.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 8:48 PM

    I'm really amazed by how well done the redux of 2fort is. I didn't recognise it at all initially, but the layout is clearly down to a tee.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 5:42 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    Your use of the world realistic is funny to me.

    Realistic, as in the depiction of what an alternative or future reality would look like (ie: striving for simulation of real-life visuals), as opposed to a heavily stylised version.

    Of course, you knew what I meant.

  • Next generation Graphic cards.

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 5:38 PM

    He's 12.

  • Laptops

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 5:25 AM

    Well, as far as laptops go the best Apple right now is the Macbook Pro, which seems to have some pretty serious hardware. You can also dual boot Windows on it if you want do some games. Applications probably aren't a problem since a lot of stuff seems to have popped up for OS X in the past couple of years, though you'd probably better check your vitals have either a port or an alternative.

    As for PCs, no idea. Dells are what everyone generally gets last time I checked. No need to elaborate on the OS. )

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 3:26 AM

    Oh well. You've always got Fortress Forever for the realistic take.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • Thrik
    • August 24, 2006 at 1:58 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™