1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Pirates, Vikings and Knights II - Beta 2 Released!

  • Skjalg
  • February 5, 2008 at 1:54 AM
  • Skjalg
    • February 5, 2008 at 1:54 AM
    • #1

    I'm just gonna go ahead and quote it from http://www.pvkii.com

    Quote

    Release day is here everyone! We've worked hard for a year and it's finally payed off. Be sure to check out the Player Guide while you download!

    Downloads:

    Primary Download Server: Fileplanet.com

    PVKII Client Installer

    PVKII Dedicated Server Package

    Secondary Download Torrents (Requires uTorrent or other Torrent Software)

    PVKII Client Installer

    PVKII Dedicated Server Package

    This is a 24 hour Fileplanet premiere, more mirrors will be available tomorrow.

    2.0 Changes:

    - Three new classes to choose from (Pirate Captain, Viking Huscarl and Knight Archer)

    - Improved combat system: directional blocking, more realistic hit detection

    - Two new maps (pvk_arena and pvk_forgotten)

    - pvk_island: balance and other changes

    - pvk_fort: layout changes (Now Booty Tag)

    - pvk_desertruin: Larger territory

    - Updated playerguide (playerguide.html in pvkii folder)

    - Various other changes and balances

    New server commands:

    - moveplayer, moveplayerid

    Moves a player to a different team

    - mp_restartround x

    Restart the round in x seconds

    Hope everyone enjoys the game as much as we do! Feel free to stop by our Forums.

    Display More
  • Minos
    • February 5, 2008 at 2:06 AM
    • #2

    ahh nice stuff Skjalg, I'll make sure to download it this time

  • ⌐■_■
    • February 5, 2008 at 7:16 AM
    • #3

    looks fun

  • Psyshokiller
    • February 5, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • #4

    Arrrrrrrrrr!!! Finally the battle can go on.

  • Skjalg
    • February 5, 2008 at 8:33 AM
    • #5

    most of the focus for the mappers for this release has been to polish the existing maps a hell of a lot more to reduce fps issues. I feel I've accomplished that a lot

  • Mazy
    • February 5, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    • #6

    I tried the first release and actually had some good fun for a few hours. Doesn't really look like there is that much new though, apart from that new map.

    Might check it out if I get the time~

  • Skjalg
    • February 5, 2008 at 8:48 AM
    • #7

    tsk!

    We've redone the whole combat system and how it registers hits, plus doubled the amount of classes!

    not that much new pfff!!!

  • hessi
    • February 5, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    • #8

    "Die, parrot!"

  • ReNo
    • February 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM
    • #9

    Awesome, glad to see a new release of this as it was very entertaining for a few lunch hours. I'll definately give it another try. New classes look like fun, the new maps (or map) look rather sexy, and if it's undergone other general polish I've no doubt it'll be a really solid release.

    What the hell was that "The release that will change the face of modding" bullshit in the video though? Ill advised...

  • Zacker
    • February 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    • #10

    Looks like great fun!

  • Skjalg
    • February 5, 2008 at 10:56 PM
    • #11
    Quote from ReNo

    Awesome, glad to see a new release of this as it was very entertaining for a few lunch hours. I'll definately give it another try. New classes look like fun, the new maps (or map) look rather sexy, and if it's undergone other general polish I've no doubt it'll be a really solid release.What the hell was that "The release that will change the face of modding" bullshit in the video though? Ill advised...

    haha it was a pun on all the other mods that take themselves waaaaaay to seriously

    Innstaller is ready and set, now we're just waiting for the date to get here : - )

  • -HP-
    • February 6, 2008 at 10:34 AM
    • #12

    next time, upload it for Stage6 as well, just in case people are interested in seeing a version with slightly more quality! (instead of downloading the video file)

    Nevertheless, this mod is looking ace! Great job

  • ReNo
    • February 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM
    • #13
    Quote from Skjalg

    haha it was a pun on all the other mods that take themselves waaaaaay to seriously

    Thank christ for that Might have been wise to have a follow up message that made it clear it was a joke though, as to me it just read as the ridiculous PR bullshit that you were actually trying to mock. But then maybe I'm just slow Looking forward to playing it on Thursday!

  • Skjalg
    • February 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM
    • #14
    Quote

    ":2biggis3]next time, upload it for Stage6 as well, just in case people are interested in seeing a version with slightly more quality! (instead of downloading the video file)Nevertheless, this mod is looking ace! Great job

    theres a 1024*768 version up on gamershell if you want to check that out!

    http://www.gamershell.com/news/45269.html

    I'll let the guy know about stage6 too...

  • skdr
    • February 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    • #15

    The best mod ever.

  • Skjalg
    • February 7, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    • #16

    well today is the day. Only 10 hours remaining now : - )

    I will update the OP with download details as soon as they are ready.

  • ReNo
    • February 7, 2008 at 11:21 AM
    • #17

    10 hours? Urgh, so much for playing on my lunch break.

  • Skjalg
    • February 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    • #18

    well there we go.. its out now... Mayhem ensue

  • Minos
    • February 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM
    • #19

    Alright I've just played this for a good hour and I must say I absolutely love it! I loved the maps, they look great. Too bad I always get lost in pvk_fort, but that's a matter of time until I learn the layout I believe.

    Congrats PVKII team, this mod is really polished

  • Gorion
    • February 8, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    • #20

    yeah it is so much better now; i have setup a server 84.24.209.157:27035 (named: "Gorion's Dedicated PVKII Server")

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™