1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

Problems exporting from maya since orangebox

  • severedsynapse
  • November 26, 2007 at 9:35 PM
  • severedsynapse
    • November 26, 2007 at 9:35 PM
    • #1

    Hello, I signed up because Im really stuffed with exporting models from maya 7 to CSS. Before this orangebox update everything was gravy, but since then its put all my sourcesdk files in /bin/orangebox/bin and had to reinstall a few times. Ive used pralls exporter and hessi's help files et all and I cant get maya 7 to export. It could be down to one simple embarrassing thing, but I just wonder if the orangebox has messed up some file path or resource path etc. Really appreciate any help.

    TX

  • ifO
    • November 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM
    • #2

    Yeah paths have changed:

    In the good old days when things made sense, studiomdl.exe was at: ..\sourcesdk\bin\studiomdl.exe

    It is now (old episode1 version) at: ..\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe

    Read this thread for more info: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic ... 41&start=0

  • severedsynapse
    • November 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM
    • #3

    I see, this is eposode 1 stuff.

    I tried changing the path environment and still no joy. Is prall's exporter compatable with ep1? Any chance someone could give me the 'new' path env? the old one was: %sourcesdk%\bin not sure if that's supposed to work, Im a bit sketchy on that side of things. tx

  • ifO
    • November 27, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    • #4
    Quote from ifO

    Yeah paths have changed: It is now (old episode1 version) at: ..\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\studiomdl.exe

    so a bit of common sense tells you that it would now be

    %sourcesdk%\bin\ep1\bin\

    correct me if I'm wrong?

  • Felix
    • November 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM
    • #5

    Doesnt pralls exporter just export to the sourcesdk_content, creating the .smd files? And isnt ithe problem that studiocompiler.exe doesnt work ?

    ... because studiocompiler.exe used to be in the sourcesdk/bin/ folder, and thats the tool that gets stuff ingame.

  • severedsynapse
    • December 2, 2007 at 8:13 PM
    • #6

    Well I finally turned out to be that the paths in the tgaExport and smdRead were still set as the old ones and I just added the extrea ep1/bin to some paths inside them. Thanks for the help guys. I just hope thats all I need to do tx

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™