1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Art Class Project

  • Bic-B@ll
  • October 26, 2007 at 7:16 PM
  • Bic-B@ll
    • October 26, 2007 at 7:16 PM
    • #1

    I'm taking a Photoshop class and I have to do a presentation on an artist. I think it would be neat to do it on someone in the gaming industry or just from here. It it wold be original from the painters/photographers to show how someone who textured models went about their work on a radically different canvas. Can someone show me to a website where I can find an artist's work at the process they go through so that I can show the class? Would anyone from here be willing to set me up with some of their own stuff? I want to show them a raw model, the unwrapped model, each separate texture and then the steps gone through to create the texture from scratch, then showoff the model with the texture. Texturing a model would be more interesting than creating a square map texture IMO.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • October 30, 2007 at 7:35 PM
    • #2

    bump?

  • Buddy
    • October 30, 2007 at 8:20 PM
    • #3

    Help him guys!

  • Hourences
    • October 30, 2007 at 8:44 PM
    • #4

    I dont have any nice models I can show, but if you can find something similar on my site you want more pics and explanation off, just ask. Painting, level, whatever.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • October 31, 2007 at 6:55 PM
    • #5

    im kind of hoping to get a step by step picture thing of someone making a texture for a 3d model so i can show them the relationship between the 2d texture and the textured model.

  • Whoot
    • November 1, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    • #6

    I pm'ed you, but are you looking for something like this? http://%7boption%7d

  • Bic-B@ll
    • November 2, 2007 at 3:18 PM
    • #7

    Basically I have to do a 10 minute presentation, I'm looking to do something along the lines of:

    "I did my presentation on Hourences, his real name is John, he lives in Finland and is an artist for Grin Software. He has written a book on the subject of level design and is writing his second. He works there as a texture artist on games such as Solitare. Here are some examples of the work he's done:

    (Pic of deck of cards)

    As a texture artist his primary role is to take a 3D model made by a modeler, unwrap it to make it 2D and then use that 2D unwrapping as his canvas to draw on the 3D model.

    Then I do a step by step guide showing the flatshaded model, the unwrapped model and various stages of development and maybe a psd of the finished work with it concluding at the fully textured 3D model and then a pic of it in game."

    It's only 10 minutes so I'm hoping to just cram a PowerPoint presentation full of pictures.

  • Bic-B@ll
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:15 PM
    • #8

    Is there really no one willing to take some picture for me? This thing is due on Friday and I don't really want to do it on some lame ass artist.

  • dissonance
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:21 PM
    • #9

    I'd volunteer, but I'm a shit subject for a project. =/

  • ^Slick
    • November 7, 2007 at 11:12 PM
    • #10

    This is a great idea, I wish I could help but I'm not much of a texture artist or modeller. (not finished anything).

    Post over at game-artist.net, they may be more helpful or willing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™