1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Level Design

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. / X-RAY Engine SDK

  • Buddy
  • October 5, 2007 at 7:51 PM
  • Buddy
    • October 5, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    • #1

    Hi guys,

    I was wondering if any of you even Tried using it?

  • BioPulse
    • October 8, 2007 at 10:20 PM
    • #2

    Nope, the game was supposed to run on my machine ,somehow it gives me the same fps lag in whatever setting i put it too, followed a guide to tweak it which ruined my pc... now it's collecting dust on my shelf. hope it runs when i get an upgrade.

  • st0lve
    • October 9, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    • #3

    Not really, and I don't think many people have, the only mods I've seen is the ability to cary 1 ton of equipment and\or no gravity.

  • -HP-
    • October 9, 2007 at 11:49 AM
    • #4

    ah ah, what a coincidence, I started played STALKER yesterday night, because I purchased 1gb RAM for my PC, i got 2gb now.

    The game runs well on static lighting, but If i turn on dynamic lighting, the FPS drops to 5/10, and lots of breaks, just unplayable on high settings on my x800xt!

    But the game surely looks gorgeous on high settings, gotta love the smooth real-time shadows.

    So, is this engine modable? Wasn't aware of that...

  • st0lve
    • October 9, 2007 at 1:05 PM
    • #5

    Yes it is. You also need to patch the game, if not you'll die.

    stalker mod nuclear snow

  • Buddy
    • October 9, 2007 at 5:00 PM
    • #6

    Yes, patch 4 really improves performance,

    btw,

    Aparently I'm the first man to run a custom SP map in Stalker

  • -HP-
    • October 9, 2007 at 5:09 PM
    • #7

    So far, my only complaint (apart from the uber high specs) is that, some of the dialogs are spoken, and others aren't, pretty stupid and boring if you ask me, even in DeusEx (Released in 2000!!) all the dialogs were spoken and subtitled!

    Anyways, so, buddy the designer ur getting into STALKER mapping/modding already?

  • Buddy
    • October 9, 2007 at 6:22 PM
    • #8

    I arleady did when SDK first came out, been working some time on this map then postponed it due to being busy and some time ago i got back to it and yeah noone yet managed to make a working SP map using MP sdk before me yay

    What an archievment /sarcasm off

    The only problem now are npcs to be honest, MP compilers don't compile Node Graph/Ai map

    I should finish that fear map sometime btw, bl1tz been reminding me to do so, but fear is more of a gameplay LD and I prefer art where stalker wins

  • -HP-
    • October 9, 2007 at 6:27 PM
    • #9

    Sounds nice man, show us some screens of this STALKER map, I'm curious!

  • Buddy
    • October 9, 2007 at 6:56 PM
    • #10

    soon

  • Psyshokiller
    • October 9, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    • #11

    I wish I could stop the time to work on something with it.

  • -HP-
    • October 9, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    • #12
    Quote from Psyshokiller

    I wish I could stop the time to work on something with it.

    same here!

  • BioPulse
    • October 9, 2007 at 10:31 PM
    • #13

    i wish i could sto pthe time to steal new hardware

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™