1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

[WIP] German Styled Halftimber wall

  • Sly Assassin
  • September 14, 2007 at 10:45 AM
  • Sly Assassin
    • September 14, 2007 at 10:45 AM
    • #1

    I'm pretty new to using photoshop (about a months worth of experience now) and have decided I'm going to try and texture the dod map I'm currently making (The map is a remake of dod_heutau I've named my version dod_hachau)

    so I went and found some german building pictures on the net and found that there is quite a number of buildings using the faithful old halftimber styled walls and well there was my insperation for my first true attempt at finishing a texture to put ingame.

    Anyway I'd like some C&C on the texture, one thing I am going to change is the way the wood grain is I'm going to rotate some of the 'beams' so it's abit different.

    Anyway enough talk here's the texture and it's bumpmap

    [Blocked Image: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/2912/halftimberwall003midslynl0.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5696/halftimberwall003midbumna1.th.jpg]

  • Sindwiller
    • September 14, 2007 at 11:45 AM
    • #2

    Looks nice, although I think that the WIP texture thread is a better place for that...

  • Skjalg
    • September 14, 2007 at 1:54 PM
    • #3

    Its pretty clear that you have copy pasted the timbers, I'd work on that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™