1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Quake wars demo? monday?

  • General Vivi
  • September 9, 2007 at 9:12 PM
  • General Vivi
    • September 9, 2007 at 9:12 PM
    • #1

    http://www.gamespot.com/event/download/quake-wars/

    I didn't see any topic of this so I figured id start one. Just remove it if there is another one.

    but yeah who's going to get the demo?

  • Erratic
    • September 9, 2007 at 9:40 PM
    • #2

    I had some good fun with the bit I played of the beta, definitely interested in seeing what's been improved. Should be cool.

  • Psyshokiller
    • September 9, 2007 at 10:22 PM
    • #3

    Totally gonna get it. (Couldn't get a beta key)

  • Skjalg
    • September 9, 2007 at 11:47 PM
    • #4

    Me. definatly!

  • dux
    • September 10, 2007 at 3:41 AM
    • #5

    It was fun for the first few hours then I got super bored of it. Hopefully it will be much improved over the beta I played.

  • -HP-
    • September 10, 2007 at 10:20 AM
    • #6

    Any news on the demo? Damn... I wanna play it...

  • -HP-
    • September 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM
    • #7

    here: http://www.worthdownloading.com/downloa ... 3&id=12346

  • ⌐■_■
    • September 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM
    • #8

    [Blocked Image: http://www.mapcore.net/forums/images/avatars/187617269346d3da3bf12bc.gif]

    Why thank you.

  • Skjalg
    • September 10, 2007 at 11:51 PM
    • #9

    Thanks, but they all gave shitty speed...

    I found one in sweden tho

    http://www.fz.se/filer/?id=4146

  • Zyn
    • September 11, 2007 at 12:13 AM
    • #10

    If you got an ATI-card, download the latest Catalyst drivers (7.9) : http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catal ... radeonx-xp

    Apparently it fixes ET:QW from crashing at startup.

  • Buddy
    • September 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM
    • #11

    http://www.gamershell.com

    was 500kb/s for me... it was enough.

    Played few matches, and i can't understand why not even single time i wasn't aid by medic, they just didn't exist

  • Skjalg
    • September 11, 2007 at 1:58 AM
    • #12
    Quote from buddy the designer

    http://www.gamershell.comwas 500kb/s for me... it was enough.

    Played few matches, and i can't understand why not even single time i wasn't aid by medic, they just didn't exist

    Yeah I noticed the same thing...

    I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the sniper was though, you could actually hit

    I died perhaps 46564 times of my own rocket launchers late fire tho

  • Buddy
    • September 11, 2007 at 4:36 AM
    • #13

    I actually got revived once by a medic, he even thrown me few medpacks when I played some other match, it's amazing how much servers is up D:

  • dux
    • September 11, 2007 at 5:11 AM
    • #14

    Problem with quake wars is quake players play it. And they can't do team games.

  • Skjalg
    • September 11, 2007 at 6:56 AM
    • #15

    lol i seriously doubt thats the problem...

    All the BF games had the same problem.. Once people find out that beeing a medic and reviving gives you more exp than anything, everyone will be it

  • Chunks
    • September 11, 2007 at 7:09 AM
    • #16

    Has anybody noticed any differences from the beta?

  • Gorion
    • September 11, 2007 at 8:29 AM
    • #17

    i played both the beta's, and i enjoyed them both (2nd a bit less, i didn't find the map to be that good).

    downloading the demo now (should be in, in 5 mins), + ill update my drivers.

    can't wait

  • Zyn
    • September 11, 2007 at 11:22 AM
    • #18

    Hehe I downloaded the demo around midnight, started playing it and after a while suddenly I realised the time was 5 AM. Guess I had too much fun being Field Ops and spamming airstrike\hammer\dark matter.

  • Erratic
    • September 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM
    • #19

    Played for a couple hours last night. It's a nice change of pace from BF2, it's a bit faster and a bit more gratifying with the experience system. And it runs pretty well on my two year old system so that's all the more reason to pick it up. Oh, and load times aren't a killer like in BF

  • Mazy
    • September 11, 2007 at 2:34 PM
    • #20

    Installed it and tried to start a SP server 3 times, but each time it got up it would just freeze when I came to the bit where you have the overhead view and need to pick teams. Then after freezing (and force shutting it down) and opening it up again it would just freeze the computer entirely, forcing me to completely reboot the computer.

    Couldn't be bothered to update my gfx drivers, donno if thats it (Saw on their page that it said that you need to update if you have an ATI card, mine is Nvidia though).

    Anyway, they blew their chance, aint gonna play it now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™