1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Off-Topic

Beowulf

  • Nysuatro
  • September 6, 2007 at 8:28 PM
  • Nysuatro
    • September 6, 2007 at 8:28 PM
    • #1

    very impressive

    dont know, i really have the cinemafeeling with this trailer

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24540.html

  • zaphod
    • September 6, 2007 at 9:27 PM
    • #2

    something about the cg in that is really wierding me out. In fact I didn't realize it was totally cg until I saw this version of the trailer. I thought it was just live action with some obvious cg parts.

    I think it would be more powerful shot live action lotr style.

  • dux
    • September 6, 2007 at 9:46 PM
    • #3

    I thought it was a game to start with lol.

  • Meotwister
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:02 PM
    • #4

    The 300-esque 'I am Beowulf' ending seemed kinda dumb but the whole thing generally looks good.

  • ⌐■_■
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:04 PM
    • #5

    I'm not sure about the looks but I do like the way it's presented. I like storytelling in a game.

  • zaphod
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM
    • #6

    but it's a movie?

    Actually, why is this in games discussion?

  • ⌐■_■
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:24 PM
    • #7

    Wait, what?

    For a movie this is quite bad IMHO..

    Huh?

  • dux
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    • #8

    rofl good job looking at my comment KT.

  • ⌐■_■
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:29 PM
    • #9

  • -HP-
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM
    • #10

    lolol!

    Yes guys, this is yet another CG made movie...

    Old news in fact, altough this is a new trailer.

  • Buddy
    • September 6, 2007 at 10:55 PM
    • #11

    This trailer have good bits and odd bits,

    odd bits:

    -skin shaders

    -hair

    -lady's posture

    -plastic feeling

    -contrast/gamma

    -i am beowulf ...

    -generally it looks worse than final fantasy cg movie which was released decades ago

  • zaphod
    • September 6, 2007 at 11:03 PM
    • #12

    yea, it kept trying to be really dramatic, but then I was like "lol where is shrek"

  • ⌐■_■
    • September 6, 2007 at 11:06 PM
    • #13

    Yeah, the I am beowulf should be something like:

    I AM BEOWUUULF!!!

  • Vinny Testaverde
    • September 6, 2007 at 11:58 PM
    • #14

    The character animation and rendering looks on the same level as the humans in shrek 3

    I'm confused; the first trailer I saw of this, i was impressed with the CG,

    just another dumb movie anyway

  • Nysuatro
    • September 7, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    • #15

    lol, damn I hoped this would be a game.

  • Section_Ei8ht
    • September 7, 2007 at 7:50 AM
    • #16

    I think Robert Zemeckis is afraid of actors now. He hasn't made a live action movie in almost 8 years.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM

Users Viewing This Thread

  • 1 Guest
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™