1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
This Thread
  • Everywhere
  • This Thread
  • This Forum
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Discussions
  3. Creative Chat

Summer Trip: Big Bend

  • Belgarion
  • July 20, 2007 at 3:15 AM
  • Belgarion
    • July 20, 2007 at 3:15 AM
    • #1

    I've been on a summer-long national park trip with my friend since the 12th of June. Our first stop was Big Bend. I didn't enjoy the place all that much, but I got some great pictures. Enjoy!

    [Blocked Image: http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/2715/img1741op4.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8540/img1763bx2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1636/img1787me7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9499/img1814jb9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8404/img1822hm9.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3697/img1825ek0.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7959/img1826en2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2219/img1859cu3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3233/img1839pi3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/460/img1882ha6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4664/img1887bq1.jpg]

  • dux
    • July 20, 2007 at 3:59 AM
    • #2

    I <3 those night sky shots.

  • Psyshokiller
    • July 20, 2007 at 4:04 AM
    • #3

    5 and 7 seven got some awesome composition.

  • Sa74n
    • July 20, 2007 at 10:20 AM
    • #4

    what kind of camera/lens did you use? very nice fotos but some are a bit too contrasty, dont you think?

  • mjens
    • July 20, 2007 at 12:02 PM
    • #5

    3 and 5 - great

  • e-freak
    • July 22, 2007 at 2:53 PM
    • #6

    you awesomeness ^^ what would intrest me personally is how many pictures you shot at all (the ratio of pictures shown to picture made?)

  • SooouuuL
    • July 28, 2007 at 1:01 AM
    • #7

    Waaw

    i love this screens !

    Beautiful pictures of a wonderful environment =)

  • Belgarion
    • August 3, 2007 at 11:10 PM
    • #8
    Quote from Sa74n

    what kind of camera/lens did you use? very nice fotos but some are a bit too contrasty, dont you think?

    Yeah, maybe a little too contrasty. I edited all these on my friend's laptop and I kind of like the over-contrast. I might dial it back down if I post more in the future. I use a Canon 20D and a Tamron 17-50 2.8. The lens has been a phenominal performer for me. Sharp at every aperture (4-11 is awesome, defnitely beyond the capabilities of my camera).

    Quote from e-freak

    you awesomeness ^^ what would intrest me personally is how many pictures you shot at all (the ratio of pictures shown to picture made?)

    Umm.. heh. I don't know how many. This certainly doesn't constitute all the ones I really like from Big Bend though. I was trying to keep the number down. And this is only Big Bend. I've been through about 20 other parks now.Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Register Yourself Login
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™